PDA

View Full Version : FSX minimizing every 30 seconds

clmooring
July 19th, 2012, 19:00
I recently moved my wireless router and cable modem down stairs. To connect my PC to the network, I started using a USB wireless adapter. Everthing worked fine initially. But now FSX minimizes about every 30 seconds. I can re-maximize it. but then it minimizes again.

I googled this but most info quiet old. I saw one post that mentioned removing wireless router.....

I am hoping that someone may have insight on this.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

roger-wilco-66
July 19th, 2012, 23:00
That sounds strange. Do you run FSX windowed or on full-screen mode (change between the modes with alt+enter)? What OS?
When FSX looses control, does something else pop up instead?

Mark

DaveKDEN
July 20th, 2012, 09:59
Sounds like you have something running in the background that is taking priority over FS. Ctrl+Alt+Del to see what's running after it minimizes. Might give you a clue what to look for.

clmooring
July 20th, 2012, 15:40
That sounds strange. Do you run FSX windowed or on full-screen mode (change between the modes with alt+enter)? What OS?
When FSX looses control, does something else pop up instead?

Mark

I am running XP. I run full screen but I tried switching between modes with alt enter.

When FSX minimizes no other windows or apps pop up.

No problems at all until I started using the usb wireless adapter.

clmooring
July 20th, 2012, 15:41
Sounds like you have something running in the background that is taking priority over FS. Ctrl+Alt+Del to see what's running after it minimizes. Might give you a clue what to look for.

Thx. I will check.

clmooring
July 21st, 2012, 04:16
I sat down this morning to see what other apps may be running. I didnt see anything. So I clicked on fsx to maximize again and a pop up said that fsx cannot run during a remote desktop

I am 90% sure that noone else has used the family PC as they now all have laptops or other devices.

I restarted my pc...... and the problem did not recure.

I dont know if it will start again, because I dont know what caused it or why it stopped.