PDA

View Full Version : 59 days and a few hours remaining.

HundertzehnGustav
December 30th, 2008, 10:08
Let us have a poll.

Let the truth come out.

Stand up and speak!

Invest some time and thought!

Your voice is counting!

gwar
December 30th, 2008, 10:10
Can I have a beer instead?

djscoo
December 30th, 2008, 10:14
There are other forums on this website, and as of now they are "out of the loop". If Ickie is serious about shutting down the website, it would affect more than just us "FSXers". Let us all hope it doesn't come to that. :(

HundertzehnGustav
December 30th, 2008, 10:15
nope.
yall better vote and give some proper arguments if you vote number two...

seriously.

voted number 3
ever since i first connected to the internet in 2001, i had the SOH as a "home page"
but chose the Allaircraftarcade one recently.

Craig Taylor
December 30th, 2008, 10:33
I've been a member of this forum for a lot less time than some others, but I've spent more time here than any of the rest combined. Why? This is, to me, the single best place to come for information about upcoming releases, as well as solutions to FS problems. Most people here are friendly and fairly understanding, and everyone here seems compassionate. Some of the other sites seem to attract more of those folks who are quick to jump on your case and ridicule you when you post with an issue, rather than help you try to solve it. I, for one, will truly miss it if it goes, but then again I might not have as much baggage from here as some.

My two pfennigs' worth.

Tweek
December 30th, 2008, 10:35
Why would anyone vote for anything other than "Keep the damn thing running"? Surely anyone who doesn't want to be here isn't here!

dcampbe
December 30th, 2008, 10:36
I haven't posted much over time, but every day I look forward to what everyone else has to say. Also I have gotten great advice and members have helped me solve some problems. You were there when I needed you. Thanks

HundertzehnGustav
December 30th, 2008, 10:40
Hmm, i see what you are expressing...

but arguments? Reasons to keep this thing running? arguments for the boss to... look at the monitor...again? arguments why not just switch it off and sell the hardware? Cancel the deals? in the bin with the thing?

remember, 12 hours of monitoring a day is a long time!

i see a lot of people passing by, unable to cast their vote.
lets give this one 24 hours.

i bet you folks cant give me two hands full of REASONS why Canelo and Ickie are NOT wasting their precious lifetime away with the sim-outhouse.

If not, you folks, harsh and arrogant as i may come across, dont even DESERVE this Website.

shoot me now.

and vote after.

6297J
December 30th, 2008, 10:52
This is the best FS forum around today, there is no doubt about that. A few years ago it was another Sim site which has since come to a dead halt and nobody ever seems to go there any more - there are very rarely any new posts. But forums come and go and if this one were to close because rightly or wrongly the boss takes his ball home then I'm sure another one will come and take it's place and will soon fill up with the same old faces.
Its like the local pub closing - everyone is sad for as long as it takes to realise that they can still get the same beer down the road and before you know it everyone has moved on.

Reddog
December 30th, 2008, 10:53
Keep it running. Why? Because it's the best on internet!! That should say it all.

Barvan40
December 30th, 2008, 10:54
Keep it going, it is the BEST FS forum anywhere and the only one I know of that has many of the developers popping in to answer questions about their products.

Barry

HundertzehnGustav
December 30th, 2008, 10:56
6297J (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/member.php?u=33419)...

so is that a vote for "i dont care, i will get my beer elsewhere"?
dont need to answer... but it sure sounds like it!

6297J
December 30th, 2008, 10:59

Good things come and good things go but the world stays pretty much the same.

We will all get our beer elsewhere and probably in the same pub. It will just have a different name and smell a bit different to start with ;-]

grunau_baby
December 30th, 2008, 11:01
Best on the web IMHO!!! A second home! Period!

Besides, give me one example of anything involving human interests without any trouble or labour! YouŽll find none, so the question for the boss is, is it worth the trouble? Are we all fed up or is there still the majority enjoying it every day? This and any other personal reason of the labourers behind the scene that is beyond our single motivations and we wonŽt change with a vote.

From my side, many many thanks for every minunte I spent here, no matter were itŽll go!

Regards
Alex

stiz
December 30th, 2008, 11:01
should add another really:

"I'd like it if it stayed open, but then again i dont want to force anyone to spend hours and hours maintaining the site if they dont want to."

:)

coyotetx
December 30th, 2008, 11:07
The only place where the "world" of flight sim comes together for the good of all. I depend on this site for tech ass't, updates, general info, friendship, fellowship in a mutual hobby. What else could one ask for. I hope we all understand that it's a real chore to keep a great site like this running...the folks who do it have my eternal gratitude.

simkid22
December 30th, 2008, 11:11
This is by far the most informative, helpful and well rounded forum around. Sure there are some rough times but that happens to the best. Don't let the little bit of bad overshadow all the good these forums foster and bring out!

Rami
December 30th, 2008, 11:16
I am profoundly grateful for this website, and advocate strongly for its continued existence. Whatever the problems are, the CFS2 forum is alive and well. Please work out the problems and do not let a few bad apples spoil what many of us work so hard to maintain!

HundertzehnGustav
December 30th, 2008, 11:17

"I'd like it if it stayed open, but then again i dont want to force anyone to spend hours and hours maintaining the site if they dont want to."

GOOD one.

One point is... you/we dont force anyone.
they can stop at what ever time they want, and i gather the leaders are close to that option, because pretty fed up with all of this.

hm?

What do Ickie and CaneloKid out of this? not even a laugh! only frustration and anger....

at leats i think.

so...

reasons! we need REASONS AND ARGUMENTS!

what sould the site owners get out of all of this?

Pepere
December 30th, 2008, 11:26
Kepp it open please. Thank you <- Magic words

I don't understand what is going on?

David

djscoo
December 30th, 2008, 11:27
Kepp it open please. Thank you <- Magic words

I don't understand what is going on?

David
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=6771

simkid22
December 30th, 2008, 11:27
I forgot to add thanks to the admins and the staff and the rest of those behind the scenes. On a side note, why does the FSX section seem to be the only forum where there seems to be so much trouble? I just looks through a lot sections I normally dont (and a few I didn't even know existed lol) and it seems that FSX is the only one that keeps having troubles. Just my opinion/observation. Once again, love the forums; maybe the FSX section and its inhabitants needs some time to cool off lol.

empeck
December 30th, 2008, 11:28
SoH should stay. I'm registered on few 'international' flight sim forums, but this is the only one I visit everyday. CFS2, CFS3 and FSX sections.

HundertzehnGustav
December 30th, 2008, 11:33

look, you made me think we could share the workload between the US side and the EU side, everything related to the "work" that has to be done, inorder to keep things running.

Backups? i think they can be done over long distances now, but need a damn hot internet connection.

cleaning out the house, from the "behind the curtains" position? That can be shared too,no?
all that is needed is a second set of Keys to let an other person do that.
wich also needs a serious and trusted person to assist Ickie.
...and of course Ickie to be willing to accept such a proposal in the first place!

good thought you had there my friend!

heywooood
December 30th, 2008, 11:34
its odd isn't it?

that a seemingly innocent little comment about one of the smilies of all things - came to this.

spotlope I feel yer pain because no one and I mean no one could have seen this coming...what a mountain was made of not even a mole hill

lets hope sanity takes hold again at some point because this is rediculous

HundertzehnGustav
December 30th, 2008, 11:40
heywood, if it had not been triggered by the bullship nthing, it would have been something different that brought us to this point. sooner or later.

let us put the comfortable "status quo" at stake (correct expression?) and wake up.

i wouldnt be mad if the soh was closed for a month, or just a week..., just to see what happens.

a rude awakening using a bucket of cold water...
a much needed collective kick in the ass?

michael davies
December 30th, 2008, 11:42
Brutal truth is, it was coming anyway, it, this, just sat there tinder dry waiting for a spark, could have been anything, just happened to be that thread.

These things happen, there's always upsets, always have been and probably always will be, you learn from each one, but each new one is different and always catches you from the South side, thats life, if you knew the answers to everything before it happen'd it'd be boring as hell LOL.

Being nice to everyone all the time is actually very difficult, I doubt there's anyone here who hasn't had an upset in real life with there work, partner or kids recently ?. Every enviroment needs to vent now and again, so long as one recognises it as a cyclic event and nothing personal then it generally works out ok in the end.

Best

Michael

its odd isn't it?

that a seemingly innocent little comment about one of the smilies of all things - came to this.

spotlope I feel yer pain because no one and I mean no one could have seen this coming...what a mountain was made of not even a mole hill

lets hope sanity takes hold again at some point because this is rediculous

hews500d
December 30th, 2008, 11:45
Just cast my vote for keeping it open. Hopefully cooler heads will prevail over the coming days, for this truly is the best FS site I have experienced. As someone mentioned in another thread one feels as if they can post here without fear of "getting your head bashed in" by someone who finds it all to easy to hide behind the anonominity of the internet and verbally assult/insult someone. One site in particular I'm thinking of, no matter what the topic, it seems to eventually take a downhill turn for the worst and very rarely, if ever, have I seen it happen here continuously.

Darrell

MisterKleen
December 30th, 2008, 11:45
I do not post often, but the information I read is valuable to me getting the most enjoyment out of flightsim. I check this forum numerous times a day. Keep up the excellent work.

Mister Kleen

robcap
December 30th, 2008, 11:51
I have a tiny little forum to support our Douglas DC2.
It's a lot of work, I can tell you, only to monitor the threads, and giving sensible answers here and there. And I couldn't do it without some fellow moderators.
And that's only moderating, I have a free forum, someone else is doing the server maintaing thingy, haven't got a clue about that.

My arguments to keep SOH open:
If you (the guys behind the scenes, who ever they all are) can spare the time and other efforts it takes to keep this thing running, please do.
It's the attitude of the 99.9% of the users that makes this the most enjoyable place regarding flightsim on the net.
I can't say what else is playing here.
I just know I love the place, reading the posts as a user. Here (almost) no harsh words and (usually) a mature attitude.

R.

heywooood
December 30th, 2008, 11:52
true enough Michael...its just odd that it wasn't over the ol' civvie vs military sim or a political swipe - I mean c'mon - this is the aftermath of a tongue in cheek smilie critique fer f'sakes

makes me laugh out loud - how some folks are taking themselves WAY too seriously

it really is too bad that we can't all just sitdown and have a beer together...:P

harleyman
December 30th, 2008, 11:52

Well...Lets see...Reasons they should keep it open? If it don't pay the bills I see no reason unless it floats their boats...They owe nothing to anyone here probably...

It must have done that at some point as they opened it ....

I think its more of a personal thing for the owners myself...

HundertzehnGustav...You are campaining mighty fierce..Which way did you vote go and why?

Kiwikat
December 30th, 2008, 11:53
HundertzehnGustav...You are campaining mighty fierce..Which way did you vote go and why?

I've been wondering the same thing... I don't quite understand what this guy is trying to get at.

Nick C
December 30th, 2008, 11:58
Sorry I'm not voting in the poll as I feel it is pointless, what member of SOH would want it to close?

Cazzie
December 30th, 2008, 11:59
To those of us that have been here long enough and participated with all the talent here, I don't even need to offer a plea.

The best model forum on the net had a meltdown last March because of one racist remark by one racist bastick and boom, all the Europeans make off and form their own forum. It's said that we let petty problems interfere with all that is good, not just in SOH, but everywhere. It's time to chill peeples, what is, is. When someone asks me what does freedom mean to you, I always remark: Choice. And that is freedom in a nutshell, we all have a choice to use or not use an icon. It is so trivial, I would not even waste my time on that post and probably should not have on this one. There is far too many helpful and good posts to relegate my favorite spot on the sim scene to the waste basket.

Caz

heywooood
December 30th, 2008, 11:59
HundertzehnGustav seems to be coming from the POV of an agitated admin it seems...but no matter - its a valid point - what do we really care if there are other forums to go to.

in the end -they have a thankless job that sucks both time and spirit from them and you couldn't pay me enough to do it : fact

michael davies
December 30th, 2008, 12:01
No idea why it was that thread. your right, usually its payware viz freeware of FSx viz FS9, perhaps people thought those too old, stale and damp to spark it all off ?.

Serious ?, I always take myself seriously....I think that should be prefixed by...much too...LOL.

Best

Michael

true enough Michael...its just odd that it wasn't over the ol' civvie vs military sim or a political swipe - I mean c'mon - this is the aftermath of a tongue in cheek smilie critique fer f'sakes

makes me laugh out loud - how some folks are taking themselves WAY too seriously

it really is too bad that we can't all just sitdown and have a beer together...:P

HundertzehnGustav
December 30th, 2008, 12:05
this guy has been hangin around this place for seven years, and had some rough battles back in the day.

my vote went for "dont care" because in the last 2 years i have been here less and less.

i still feel its my internet homebase and it is worth enough for me to sit here and write.

you might think me to be a dmbass, but i dont do this for me, i do it for the bosses to see we are somehow worth their combined effort.

but why? that is what i ask you all.

heywooood
December 30th, 2008, 12:05
Serious ?, I always take myself seriously....I think that should be prefixed by...much too...LOL.

Best

Michael

I wasna referring to you there laddie - cheers!

HundertzehnGustav
December 30th, 2008, 12:08
HundertzehnGustav seems to be coming from the POV of an agitated admin it seems...but no matter - its a valid point - what do we really care if there are other forums to go to.

in the end -they have a thankless job that sucks both time and spirit from them and you couldn't pay me enough to do it : fact

good. a wise man speaking. your words are gold.

can we make their task easyer? (easier?)
can we turn their job from negative to neutral? (or positive even?)

how?

Navy Chief
December 30th, 2008, 12:09
I have been guilty in the past of posting political comments in the past, and know that is a no no. I can easily understand that. But so much flap over keeping or removing an icon? I must be missing something. Possibly some underlying reasons? At any rate, of course keep SOH. It's one of few sites that I visit every single day, multiple times.

NC

Paularx
December 30th, 2008, 12:12
The SOH is my online home so to speak... here guru's like Milton Shupe and Jerry Beckwith amongst others taught us freely about aircraft development and sowed the seeds of interest for future developers.

The people who gather here have mostly been VERY civil and courteous - contrast with other well known FS sites. SOH is alive and dynamic, many new posts are made daily, other sites seem a bit dull and slow by coparison.

SOH keeps us informed about goings-on in flightsim hobby, and here we are truly fortunate to have the builders and creators among us and participating out of choice.

If SOH were to be shut down, I would understand - but am hoping that this will not come to pass.

Thanks to SOH Admins + staff for your hard work & efforts, SOH is much loved and appreciated.

Paul S.

Warrant
December 30th, 2008, 12:12
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=6911

Do i need to say more?

EasyEd
December 30th, 2008, 12:14
Hey All,

Keep it running. Why?

- Who else would I fly for in the upcoming RTW?

- I'm currently doing a fly around the world project - where else can I get it hosted and documented? (Yes I took basic and fortran 30 years ago and have programmed in multiple spreadsheets and so could do it myself on my own webpage but No I really don't want to go through the hassle of learning it all over again - even though I know I could - cause I hate dealing with nit-picky detail)

- Basically a great group of guys run this place (even if Panther doesn't understand the superiority of NASCAR over F1 in this day and age - where's the laugh icon?) and I'm here most everyday

- What do the owners and mods get from setting up, running and participating in a website like this? Nothing but headaches and I think/hope a real sense of satisfaction from providing a much needed service. There are few things in life that provide more satisfaction than service - military or community. Those who have served know even if it isn't always recognized/appreciated. People fundamentally need to voice their thoughts and those who provide a forum for it are to be commended.

Do I have problems with this place? Yes a few but not that great. A couple examples that come to mind.

- NCGent has a real challenge in life. I'm unhappy to see it put in Canelo's - the haven for blonde, redneck, etc jokes. His life is no joke. I think a better solution/neighborhood for threads like his needs to be found.

- I've no problem with the closing of threads that get too political/personal. This not a political forum. That said I think the castigation of some real world people gets carried too far. A specific example - The Dixie Chicks. It is however a fine line to draw and irrespective of my opinion on this one case that I've little doubt contravenes the opinions of most on this site - I think the people that do run this joint do a fine job.

How could the "management" make their job easier? I'd suggest trying more Mods on some kind of rotation - to avoid burnout.

I think you guys do a great job! From a 4 year+ (when did I sign up?) veteran of Sim Outhouse.

-Ed-

heywooood
December 30th, 2008, 12:18
good. a wise man speaking. your words are gold.

can we make their task easyer? (easier?)
can we turn their job from negative to neutral? (or positive even?)

how?

impossible - you cannot manage people - you can only try to manage people and the effort has to be worth the trouble to you...its an endless, thankless battle - well - until you quit trying and let someone else have a go.

HundertzehnGustav
December 30th, 2008, 12:23
impossible - you cannot manage people - you can only try to manage people and the effort has to be worth the trouble to you...its an endless, thankless battle - well - until you quit trying and let someone else have a go.

true.
in line with what easy ed said.

but more moderators would lead to more moderation, more... censorship?

would that be a bad thing?

it aint no solution, as there is none, as you said and i agree.

but we can care, and be more careful, can we not?

would that help the situation?

heywooood
December 30th, 2008, 12:23
I learned soemthing valuable today too - never underestimate the power of bullsh1t

michael davies
December 30th, 2008, 12:25
Roflmfao

i learned soemthing valuable today too - never underestimate the power of bullsh1t

HundertzehnGustav
December 30th, 2008, 12:26
where is that Funkin ROFLOL icon gone?

DAMN! right on the mark! bullseye!!

HHHAAAAhahahhaha!!!

scoutII
December 30th, 2008, 12:31
An Internet forum, or message board, is an online discussion site - Good or bad, it's only some ones opinion - I visit this and the FSX forum multiple times a day, Don't read the rants - I read the topics that apply to my needs and the thoughts of others on product reviews - If it's good for this bunch, it is good to have in my downloads. For the few problems I have seen, The POSITIVES BY FAR OUT WAY THE NEGATIVES...This is the ONLY forum I read - But it is also ICKIE'S site - He is the BOSS - If there was a button that I could push to say Thank You every time this site has helped me it would be well worn by now. Their are a ton of stuff I do every day without thanks - I do it from the heart - Sure I'd like to strangle every sore-puss that ruins my day - Do it for the greater good - Will some sort of Rules fix the problem, Naw - In my mind it's only someone's opinion, Not worth it to work up a sweat,Move on and enjoy what this place has to offer - JMO Thanks for your time - Chris , If this site goes, So does my enjoyment of flight simming - Thanks ICKIE for an AWESOME run. Update: Here's my personal rant - FS98 to FSX, CFS1 - CFS3 with all the goodies for both, upgraded every time something new came out, Now I have both running smooth as butter(Thanks to this site) and the one place I look forward to being at might shutdown ......If so, 2009 will not be a Good Year....

Kiwikat
December 30th, 2008, 12:32

The trouble is, people complain and cause problems either way. More moderation isn't the answer. Regardless, you can't expect people to behave, it just doesn't work. The unofficial AlphaSim forum is a good example of that... though it has finally settled down.

I think the best course for SOH is to let the storm blow over and keep going.

heywooood
December 30th, 2008, 12:35
true.
in line with what easy ed said.

no - make more people suffer? no.

the easiest answer is for people to lighten up - let people have an opinion, let them cross the line, let them vent and then let them be banned

and then have a coke and a smile and get ready for the next slamhead..and the next because thats what the job IS

what it isnt is a popularity contest or a democracy or a party at a forclosed house - it belongs to someone and someone is working at keeping it, so that someone holds the keys and the title and can say who stays or goes or that its all over.

you cant keep people from screwing up - all you can do is try to last as long as you can before you reach the point where its just not worth the effort - and that point is different for everyone

HundertzehnGustav
December 30th, 2008, 12:41
personally, i still keep asking myself the question.... are we worth it? is "it" (the forum, the community, the FSX players...) worth it? I mean... 12 hours a day! thousands upon thousands of dollars in 10 years!

Maybe each and every one ofus should ask himself that question:

am i worthy of being part of this fine place?

will everyone that is at this moment not worthy of being here agree to be a better, more valuable part of the community?

herein lies the future of this place.

no?

excuse my quite limited english, i hope you can understand what i mean to say.

Wulf190
December 30th, 2008, 12:42
I've been apart of this community for around 5 years. I moved here after I saw that the Netwings CF2 community was dieing. Here at the outhouse the CFS2 community, while small, is thriving. And not many for a 8 year old + programs are that way.

Like others here, the Out-house is my homepage. Its my online home. Ickie and crew have worked extremely hard, and it shows. The site it self is nearly devoid of commercial adds. How many other big sim community's are like that? I can't really think of any.

The Out-house has become a bastion of information. Afew people come poking their heads in the basement and start asking questions on where to get thing and that. Well that fantastic thing is that a vast majority of add-ons for every support sim are availble here.

What I think people need to keep in mind is that this is a HOBBY community, and to keep things that would be concidered 'volitile' out of the topics of discussion.

In the end the choice is down to Ickie and company. But I like being a member here. In fact this is the only forum I have been an active member of for this long.

CodyValkyrie
December 30th, 2008, 13:04
Keep the damn thing open!

Do you know how much business this forum has given me, my clients and other addon developers? There are many developers I didn't even know about until I became a member here! Sure, some of us will move to other forums or congregate elsewhere, but many will also blow away like dust in the wind.

I didn't read that silly thread, and it appears I am glad I didn't. In my world, I don't see what the problem is. I can't imagine how a single little post could get so many people upset?

Anyways, whatever. Do what you want I guess, as it is not my hardware... but sheesh, too much great info, great friendly connections and otherwise lost and thrown into the toilet. In all the forums I have been a member in this community, this is the only one that maintains a level of civility.

If it is too much of a problem to run it, share the administration abilities more. Spread the wealth, give more a chance to be part of of the staff and delegate your butt off.

Regards,
-Cody
Jaggyroad Films

heywooood
December 30th, 2008, 13:13
Keep the damn thing open!

Do you know how much business this forum has given me, my clients and other addon developers? There are many developers I didn't even know about until I became a member here! Sure, some of us will move to other forums or congregate elsewhere, but many will also blow away like dust in the wind.

I didn't read that silly thread, and it appears I am glad I didn't. In my world, I don't see what the problem is. I can't imagine how a single little post could get so many people upset?

Anyways, whatever. Do what you want I guess, as it is not my hardware... but sheesh, too much great info, great friendly connections and otherwise lost and thrown into the toilet. In all the forums I have been a member in this community, this is the only one that maintains a level of civility.

If it is too much of a problem to run it, share the administration abilities more. Spread the wealth, give more a chance to be part of of the staff and delegate your butt off.

Regards,
-Cody
Jaggyroad Films

yeah see - that would be the the biggest loss - I'm not a modeler but I can see the exchange of ideas and notes on these boards as a real resource for those that are.

among all the other things that go on here that are positive - this has to be among the most important to the community at large and it would be a shame to have all that tossed in the can over something so unimportant as an emoticon fer f'sake

wichner
December 30th, 2008, 13:17
Running a forum is a huge job (and a thankless one I'm sure). I have never personally thanked those behind the scenes. But, I'm here every day, most days two or three times. I count on the help I can get here from people like grizzly50, middle, and many many others. The forums, downloads, and message boards are priceless resources. I'm retired and must stay at home. This forum is a lifeline although I only post about once every two weeks.
My recommendation is simple: For everyone who follows instructions and obeys the rules (including the golden rule) they stay and enjoy the benefits. For anyone who causes a problem (as determined by the people who run this thing) instant "goodbye" don't need you, don't want you, no discussion, and don't let the door hit you in the a-- on the way out. Everybody gets what they deserve!

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
December 30th, 2008, 13:28
The Buck has to stop somewhere , there is no alternate to that requirement to sign on the line and be the responsible party if you want to run a server , Ickie's the one who held that responsibility and has had his fill it would seem , i can relate to how it feels as i have the same responsibilities and its only in times of crisis that the membership discovers just how fine a thread holds things together , often one little word is enough to kill the camel as it is the echo of one hundred and one other transgressions that have been let go in the interest of peace.

I do not know how much bull Ickie took over the years for doing all he could to keep it together, but that looked to be the last little pile right there... <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
you boys better listen to him and find yourselves another competent soul<o:p></o:p>
<o:p>with great patience , deep pockets and lots of time on their hands as it is not a responsibility that can be shared, you dont go passing around the passwords to the server and take shifts , only one has top level authority.</o:p>
<o:p>Like he said Who is it going to be .... its time to listen to the man real close </o:p>

harleyman
December 30th, 2008, 13:35
You mean the general opinion about this is the result of the pooping cow thread??

Surely not..I read it..There were some differences of opinions sure...But we each get one or two....

I found the thread harmless,quickly went useless, and of no matter anyhow......

People just being people and needing to be heard.....

Has there been an official post that SOH might shut down? I missed it....

If it does....Thanks for all the good times...I'm sorry you in charge are having a time with it now.....Personally I have made some lifelong friends here, and its sad to think that others may not have that chance if the doors close...

thefrog
December 30th, 2008, 14:04
I hardly ever post, but I read this forum several times a day - it's always the FIRST place I go to on the Web - and it's indispensible. There's no forum that comes close to it IMHO for bang up-to-date information and opinions and knowledge. Please keep it going.
The Frog.

huub vink
December 30th, 2008, 14:11
Well one of the reasons to keep the SOH open might be the fact that my repaints are only available here *big grin*.

The SOH is a place where I discuss flightsim or aviation related subjects with many nice people. But I'm convinced when the plug gets pulled we will all find our new nice place were we can meet nice people.

The members are the persons who made this place what it is now. When the SOH is gone I'm convinced these persons will create another place together where they can meet.

Many of the current members were solid Netwings members (like me) before they arrived here. Where the atmosphere was much like it was here a few years ago.

I didn't vote because I don't want to move yet, however nothing is forever, not even the Sim-Outhouse.

Cheers,
Huub

N2056
December 30th, 2008, 14:23
I have enjoyed this forum so much that I sent Ickie a donation to help keep it going to express my appreciation for the effort. I have no idea what happened in the last week. I also have no desire to have to see something like this thread show up that in my mind is just throwing gas on the flames. Personally, I think it was really uncalled for.

Ickie & the rest of the SOH staff, thanks for the effort. I think I'm going to spend a whole lot less time in the forums here for awhile. I hope things improve, and I hope it stays around. Please understand that I am backing off for other reasons as well, but this last week pretty much made up my mind.

Tako_Kichi
December 30th, 2008, 14:55
Well one of the reason to keep the SOH open might be the fact that my repaints are only available here *big grin*.
LOL...me too!

I for one will be really sorry to see SOH go away. There are only three flight sim forums I check on a daily basis (A2A, CBFS and this one) and I spend more time here than in the others despite the fact I have some admin rights at A2A and try to answer as many posts as I can over there.

SOH is like a second home to me and I check in several times per hour to see what is new (I read most of the forums too even though I don't use CFS or IL2). I have always liked the comeraderie here and the broad interest ranges and the fact that developers are as active as the users.

I am also medically disabled and stuck at home 24/7 and this place just brightens up my day and gives me something to fill all the otherwise empty hours (you can only test for so long before you need to take a break ;-) ).

Ickie I fully understand your frustrations and you have my sympathies but please take a while and reconsider your position. Your efforts are greatly appreciated by the majority of members here and it will be a very sad day if SOH does finally close it's doors. I even tried to make a donation to help keep it open today (a hard thing for me to do as I only have a meagre disability pension to get by on) but I can only pay via Paypal and that option does not appear to be available.

I truly hope this is just a storm in a teacup and SOH continues to go from strength to strength.

Akatsuki
December 30th, 2008, 15:54
I hardly ever post, but I read this forum several times a day - it's always the FIRST place I go to on the Web - and it's indispensible. There's no forum that comes close to it IMHO for bang up-to-date information and opinions and knowledge. Please keep it going.
The Frog.

Exactly my point of view!

This is a lively place where one can learn and be informed about FS in a friendly way, a real community!

If the persons running SOH feel the need to pull the plug what can i say?
Maybe the community and the owners should gather and find a way to keep this place open, maybe we should turn the page, it's not up to me.

Thoe6969
December 30th, 2008, 16:22
Sure hope they don't shut this place down,it's the only forum I'm registerd at and have learned so much by hanging around here,Ther is allways going to be a few that would bitch if you hung um with a new rope. don't make the 99% of us that aren't like that have to go somewhere else'because no other place can compare.

krazycolin
December 30th, 2008, 16:22
This is my second stop on the net every single day. First is the news but right after that... i'm here. i check out this site 3 to 5 times a day and sometimes more.

If the owners of this site were serious about closing down, please accept my offer to re-host and take care of the costs associated with it.

KC

Foute Man
December 30th, 2008, 16:40
SOH has the best CFS 3 forum on the internet, and since I'm only flying around in CFS 3 I like to be able to visit the biggest concentration of CFS 3 flyers and that is SOH.

Compare a forumpost on (just an example, not to offend that site) Simviation with SOH, on SOH you get replied within an hour, on Simviation you have to wait for days before someones replies....All the CFS 3 know-how is concentrated here....

So please do not shut it down

And HundertzehnGustav aka Da Dude I'm very sad you do not care that much. The Dutch addon for CFS 3 is finally coming and now you say "I don't care??????" :) :)

DauntlessDriver546
December 30th, 2008, 16:42
PLEASE keep this running! Where will we go!? All this huge library of stuff will disappear!

I apologize PROFUSELY if I am responsible for ANY of the trouble that might cause this place to shut down. I am NOT aware of anything I may have done wrong, but if I did do something, LET ME KNOW AND I WILL FIX IT!!

Your volunteering has totally made this a better place for all of us, and I have no idea where I would start if this place shut down. Please, forgive those who have wronged and consider keeping this wonderful place open!

Thank you for your time VERY much!

With gratitude,

DauntlessDriver546 (Daunty, Spinner Boy, DD, and other things...)

Squiffy
December 30th, 2008, 16:54
Trim it down, cut the fat, and focus on what gets posts. Mods, helps and game hosting.

aric737
December 30th, 2008, 16:55
Yes keep it goin...It's an enjoyable medium between many people. Yet I don't really know whats goin on...so cheers to those that go thru the trouble o keepin this thing up..and Happy New Year~!

gimpyguy
December 30th, 2008, 17:03
I enjoy the activity at OFF, even though I feel like I'm always wearing short pants.
Canelo's is the pressure relief

SOH shutting down, I refuse to watch daytime TV, Primetime ain't much better

There's an awful lot of Free Downloads that would disappear

Sooo shut down for 72 hours, and reopen as a pay membership, very few things can't be fixed with money, ask the UAW

Allen
December 30th, 2008, 17:18
I hope the site stays up and running. This is my hang out. I don't go out too much.

The loss of the download library alone would be bad loss. I have found files here that I can find no were but here. The builders would have no place to call home. With out SOH older FS's and CFS's would be all but gone. The files and info to mod them would be gone to us all.

I don't know what is going on but I don't under stand since I don't leave the CFS2 fourm alot.

grizzly50
December 30th, 2008, 17:26
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon10.gif
<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Please do not close down SOH. I have learned a lot here and met many new people, although I've never seen any of them face-to-face.

Everyone, I implore you, this negative downturn has to stop for the sake of SOH and us.

Rooster89
December 30th, 2008, 17:32
Please keep this up and running. I always look forward to coming home from work and reading all the posts. When I first joined I didnt know a darn thing about computers. This is where I came to ask my questions. I got honest answers without being ridiculed and belittled for not knowing as much as the next person. Now I have 100 times more knowledge about my "magic box" than I did before I found this site. Most if not all of the people here are Class A folks.

Plus, this is the home of OFF. Its where everybody goes to see whats going on with the sim. This is one of the only places on the net where I've got friends that love to talk about what I love to talk about.

If this is closed so much knowledge will be scattered all over the net. It will be hard to gather it up all over again. And, theres all the free downloads. Where will I get PD's missions from?!

This place has made so many people happy.

-Rooster

Hylander_1314
December 30th, 2008, 17:33
Although this isn't the only simulation forum I frequent, I would like to see it stay up and running. I must admit that this is the first time I've seen a simulation forum teeter on the brink because of the behavior of the members though. We're all big boys and girls here, and if the pressure and mud slinging is to the point the admins are considering letting it fade into the night, then maybe everybody ought to take a look at themselves and think about how they've conducted themselves on this public free forum.

I have had it happen in the past and seen it happen to others where a legitamite question is asked, and the response they get is ill mannered, and downright mean in spirit, or berating in nature. I thought this type of behavior stopped after outgrowing the primary school playground.

So forget not, be kind to your fellow man, you never know when the one you slight might be the one who could be of help in the future.

So if everybody acts accordingly, maybe the admins wouldn't have to take the stance of "dictators", and pose the this dire question of staying open or letting the lease run out, and letting it go. And with the ammount of knowledge and experience that has gravitated here, that would be a shame to see happen. But I do understand the reasoning behind it. And if they do let it go, I can't really say I blame them. And this is the first time in 10+ years of being online that I've seen this ever come up because of the way the members conduct themselves.

Warrant
December 30th, 2008, 17:33
Just posted by Ickie:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/announcement.php?f=44&a=72

I think we should let Ickie know his decision should be given another thought....

>>>>> http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=6911 <<<<<

Warrant
December 30th, 2008, 17:39
And HundertzehnGustav aka Da Dude I'm very sad you do not care that much. The Dutch addon for CFS 3 is finally coming and now you say "I don't care??????" :) :)

Second that, especially since you started this thread ???

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=174

Henry
December 30th, 2008, 17:45
AKA Bob i believe he does care
thats why he started it
just my opinion
H

JayKae
December 30th, 2008, 17:46
I am lost, why would you want to close this wonderful resource ? I must have missed something. I love this place even though I do not post often I check in here every day at least twice !

Boomer
December 30th, 2008, 17:52
This whole thing is absolutely tragic!

To think that the impetus for this was a post directed at making SOH better is the height of irony.

Captain Tenneal
December 30th, 2008, 17:57
it's home.......

AIR-POWER
December 30th, 2008, 17:58
What's going on here, why would some one want to kill this site?
Is someone feeling that there efforts are not appreciated? so they are going to take there marbles and go home? could someone explain what led to this thread? This site is inportent to our comminty of valtchen bastids! who post there games and use it to keep the group to gether.

KEEP IT GOING!!

DON"T LET FEAR STOP YOU!

Pepere
December 30th, 2008, 18:00
Anyway we can have SOH members pay dues so the staff could get some compensation? Some of the staff members don't even use a flight sim. Man that's dedication. I love fight sim. I don't even need a VT to entertain myself with. I would pay ??? $30.00USD a year or even $10.00 monthly to have this forum! "big gb smile" This place has been a fountain of information, tips,and tricks for "My" hobby....

David

Hern07
December 30th, 2008, 18:21
How many times can I vote, how 'bout early and often? I don't know why Ickie should stay on. I don't fully understand the situation. I do know that if you put your heart and soul into building something worthwhile and all you get in return is abuse... Well that can be downright discourageing. I confess, I never gave much of a thought to how they felt, it just didn't enter my mind. For that, I am truely sorry and give my belated apologies. If any body puts this much work and effort into building something like SOH, he is not an ordinary man and perhaps can rise above it. Ickie, no matter what has been said to you remember the world is full of *******s. Forget it, forgive them, throw the switch and ban 'em. It's part of being a man to be courteous to others. Rest assured and realize the vast majority does recognize and appreciate the work that you have done. I understand "burn out" perhaps you need a rest and can find someone who will share the burden with you. Whatever your decision, thank you for the tremendous gift you have given this community.

Foute Man
December 30th, 2008, 18:24
AKA Bob i believe he does care
thats why he started it
just my opinion
H

I know, just teasing an old friend from Luxembourg......:)

naravac
December 30th, 2008, 18:27
And why charge people to use SOH? Sure some maybe able to afford to pay the fees, but what about those who can't afford to pay? I want to know what bought this on all of a sudden?

Henry
December 30th, 2008, 18:28
I know, just teasing an old friend from Luxembourg......:)
he is easy to tease isnt he :)
he is a good guy
ive always said he reminds me of myself
that may or may not be a good thing :)
LOL
H

Henry
December 30th, 2008, 18:30
And why charge people to use SOH? Sure some maybe able to afford to pay the fees, but what about those who can't afford to pay? I want to know what bought this on all of a sudden?
That will never happen
we appreciate all
H

Warrant
December 30th, 2008, 18:34
he is easy to tease isnt he :)
he is a good guy
ive always said he reminds me of myself
that may or may not be a good thing :)
LOL
H

You from Luxemburg too? :-) LOL

Glad we have you as a moderator, Henry

You are always a guarantee for a refreshing point of view and a good laugh

scoutII
December 30th, 2008, 18:37
I vote for a annual fee(something all could agree on), If you can pitch in more-great. Rules are needed - Who ever is in control has complete authority
to do what is needed(Say: three strikes your out??) No questions - You don't need to make everybody happy all the time... Have a squawk only forum - if you want to read the rants. Thanks HAPPY NEW YEAR Chris Nevermind the first thought - read Henry's reply....

JP127
December 30th, 2008, 18:41
Like others have said this is home. I have been a member for many years and visit the site many times daily. I have always appreciated the work that everyone does to keep the outhouse running. I would hate to see it go. I have met many nice people from all over the world. We have a common hobby and that is what draws people here. That is the reason I came here in the beginning but the people I have met and the great information about my chosen flight sim keeps me coming back. Please don't close the SOH.

Jeff

Marvin Carter
December 30th, 2008, 19:04
I have been lurking in a the shadows of this forum sense CFS1 days and it has been a joy for me every day to come here to see whats new and whats going on in the sim world. I have noticed some changed in attitudes of people here. Most love and appreciate this place, but some don't.Just enjoy this for what it is, don't come here with your attitudes and "BS".
My be this has been long time coming or not. But a few has ruined it for all!!!
THANKS FOR NOTHING !!!
Please Keep it open
Marvin Carter

HITMAN8
December 30th, 2008, 19:30
lets keep it going guys ,im sure there are far more good people here than the occasional bad apple.i realise there is alot of thankless hours involved in this,but weve become a community of good friends.What will all us married guys do now.Dont blow up the city.Oh yeah thanks for the hours,this site means alot me.

jaycee
December 30th, 2008, 19:49
What a start to the new year,it'll be a sad sad day if SOH. shuts down.

Cactuskid
December 30th, 2008, 20:08
I think that all the arguments for keeping the site open have been made. I say keep it open no matter what it takes! This is absolutely the best forum on flightsimming on the internet, and worth every effort to keep it going! I would gladly pay an modest annual fee if that would help. I can't say thank you for your efforts to Ickie and the rest of the SOH staff enough! PLEASE keep it going!

flyer01
December 30th, 2008, 20:24
ARGUMENTS why the server Boss should keep wasting his time? I do not know what to say about that. I know I would like to see the sight left open not only for the people I have meet but the wealth of downloads that have been in trusted to this sight. Like I said I would hope that it stay open but if he feels he is wasting his time then anyone who has added to the sight are wasting there time also.

Thank You Boss for SOH sorry you fill you are wasting your time.

cheezyflier
December 30th, 2008, 20:24
like i said in the other thread, i think the loss to the fs community would be huge. there is nowhere else like here.

however, after thinking about it a little, i percieve that ickies decision, which seems to have come about because of the bull icon thread, is a sort of "tell".
i read the comments he is speaking of when he talks about resenting being called a dictator. his reaction seems to indicate he feels under appreciated for all the hard work that he does. i get the impression he may be asking himself why bother if people think of him as a !@#$%^&*?
my caution to the rest of us is, not to treat the symptom. treat the disease. understand? knee jerk reactions, no matter how well intended they may be, won't serve anyone well in the long run. think about it.

polecat0942
December 30th, 2008, 20:38
I am no important than anyone else. But. If not for this forum here and the people that run it, I would have a hard time continuing in this hobby that I so love. No matter what you decide to do, thank you for all that you have done so far.

John

Capt. Winters
December 30th, 2008, 21:51
Hi Guys,

I never really new much about the internet etc until I bought a copy of CFS3 in 2002. in my search to find some information about CFS3 I found the SOH.

I have been here every day since, and I look forward to seeing whats been posted and helping out others were I can. I cant really imagine another place on the net that would captivate me like this place does.

But Its up to Ickie and the crew, if they are starting to feel the pain of the considerable commitment of running something like this, then I would support them in whatever decision they make, and if that decision is to step away then I would miss it terribly but wish them all the best for whatever they take on next.

regards Rob.

gajit
December 30th, 2008, 22:02
People are talking about this as though they have created a monster rather than a beautiful living and virtually vibrant place where we gather to agree and disagree - but more importantly learn and live from and with eachother.

I admire anyone who creates and runs a forum as i can only imagine the time it must require to be managed as well as this one.

"Nothing good lasts for ever?" Something great should.

wombat666
December 30th, 2008, 22:21
As a 'Junior Staff Member' I can only say how much I admire the effort Ron and my peers put in each and every day.
I frequent one only FS Forum, as much for the people and the camaradrie as the vast pool of knowlege we can draw on at the 'Outhouse'.
On a personal level, the support and encouragment given over the past year during treatment (and victory!) for a round of cancer by my fellow staffers has been generous to a fault.
We are very much 'family' and despite the odd squabbles stick together and discuss 'problems', either potential or real.
All SOH Staff look into ALL forums from time to time and keep a weather eye open for any sign of discord.
I've learned many things here, the most difficult being to STFU even when I might feel highly offended.
That said, 'Ickie' is the linchpin and the driving force behind the scenes, but, and this is the heart of the problem we face, issues of health are far more important than a hobby, and I'll back any decision from the managment either way.
Hate to see the site go, hate it even more if Ron's health degenerated as a result of keeping it up and running.

JoeDunlap
December 30th, 2008, 22:34
I would second CoyoteTex's comments completely. For me, it is a great place to keep in touch with whats going on in the Simworld and with my friends. However, the administrators of this site will do as they wish regardless of this pole, and who could blame them. Everyone tires of doing anything eventually, and this is hardly an exception. I implore them to keep the site going, but wish them nothing but the best whatever their decision.

Joe Dunlap
aka Maj_LeMay

HundertzehnGustav
December 30th, 2008, 23:44
Good.
Yesterday at noon i red the BS thread.
Yesterday after noon, i started to worry because i saw what was going on in the FSX forum.
Yesterday night i sat in front of my PC, creating this pseudo poll to invite people to discuss and become aware of what they have and might loose.
This morning i read all the new posts.

Some did not understand what my intentions are.
Most do see now.

Many people have red and re-red this topic multiple times.
What is more important, is that a lot of you woke up and reacted.

Let us see what the future holds.

Mithrin
December 31st, 2008, 06:34
Even great things go, just memories will remain. This site will go eventually too. Everything has a built in extinction trigger. :P

I voted NO, just to balance things. It scares me to see too many people heading in the same direction. LOL.

Happy New Year everyone. Loosen up and enjoy the last few hours of 2008 for god knows what 2009 might bring. Let's PARTAY!

jimjones
December 31st, 2008, 06:49
I can hardly keep my wits about me to see Ickie's announcement and the potential that this site's future is at stake.

This is the only site that I participate in. Such good info, and usually calm and collected posts.

Sorry Ickie for your need to change and anything said that offended you. Many thanks for your efforts. Consider the thousands of posts made without disparaging remarks as how good this site has been and hopefully will continue to be.

This is Christmas season. PEACE. Let it continue.

Jim

scoutII
December 31st, 2008, 06:50
Could some one fill me in on: Say Someone/anyone wants some time off from running this site - What list of things are needed to run a site? Is there a way to have a back-up system or persons to fill in(kind of like at work when you are out) - Sorry, I am clueless as what it takes to run(meaning the tech part) a great site like this. Is there internship, certain stuff I would need on my comp, etc., Maybe I'm talking in the wrong direction - Do not mean to offend Just asking - Chris

dswo
December 31st, 2008, 07:05
I stumbled on this forum a few years ago. At the time, I wasn't much interested in military aviation. But the people were knowledgeable, helpful, and friendly. It's become my favorite forum, and I would be very sorry to see it go.

hairyspin
December 31st, 2008, 07:28
I like the CFS3, OFF and Aircraft Design and Animation forums for the generally civilised discussions and occasional debate. Every now and then some rumpus starts up and people post before they think, I've done it myself sometimes, but personal abuse is something else. I once posted something very tongue-in-cheek re another of HzG's polls which could have been better put and was inevitably misunderstood.

I'd miss SOH if the plug was pulled, so are smilies worth dumping on the admins about? Sheeeeesh...

BTW, I see they're back again - cow and all! :isadizzy:

ndicki
December 31st, 2008, 07:33
It's the only forum I actually do use all the time. The other CFS forums I use are "purpose-only", such as MAW and ETO, and as such are closed to the outside world. This is the point of contact with the new people, the learners, those who simply want to play the game and those who would like to find out more. It's invaluable. There are admittedly other CFS/FS forums, but they honestly don't come close to SOH's highly successful mix of people and abilities.

I don't know where I'd go if it closed. So please don't!

dharris
December 31st, 2008, 07:39
At the risk of sounding redundant, I just want to convey the heartfelt gratitude that I have for those people that have made this forum so informative. You can usually find help here and plenty of information and tweaks, advance info on new aircraft and what not. Since finding this site it has grown, and it is now the first site I go to each day. There are probably 3 or 4 other sites I visit regurlarly, but this one is still number one in my book. Hopefully, the powers that be will keep this forum running, it would be a real shame to lose it. As for the neerdowells that cause problem posts, the best we can do is ignore them, they are looking for attention, and if we rise to the ocassion, and respond back, it makes thier day. Life is to short, to bother with people that are so obnoctious, so smile, let it go, and get on with it. Just my ten cents worth.

Frosty
December 31st, 2008, 08:00
After some doing some paintwork for my latest model I just popped in to see what was going on at the CFS3 forum and it feels like :jawdrop: - What the :censored: is going on here?

I have been member since I-don't-know-when, switched from CFS2 to CFS3 when it came out, learned to paint textures, to do some 3D modelling, donated to the SOH when I could afford it, been asked to do some small stuff for a major mod of CFS3 (an honour!) and generally have met nothing but nice, helpful people that somehow gathered here not only because they share a common interest, but also because it is one of the most :ernae: places on the web. So all thanks to the SOH!!

Doing research for my CFS3 work I sometimes stumble onto other forums but after reading a few posts I usually flee back here in disgust. As somebody already pointed out, the anonimity of internet sometimes brings up the worst in people and posing a newbie question or having an avatar of the wrong kind evokes reactions that would make even this guy :icon_twi: go :redf:. This seldom happens here. I don't know why that is but I do feel that with the positive atmosphere here people apparently don't see the need to act like :a1451: .

And why should you? You don't have to react to everything you don't like. You can count to ten before answering or you can choose to ignore a post that makes you go :redfire:. But you should always try to be polite - especially because it is the internet!!

SOH for me is like home (or at least an extension of it) and as the saying goes, there's no place like home. As for a lot of people, it's the first place I go to on the internet. What was the slogan of 'Cheers'? 'Where everybody knows your name'? If that isn't an expression of 'being at home', I don't know what is... But it's like that or me!
Some here have said that nothing is forever, and that might be true, but if 'my' bar closes and I would go to another one, the beer wouldn't taste the same. 'SOH forever' - if you ask me!

IanP
December 31st, 2008, 08:08
I stayed out of the BS thread, not least because it was partially me that started it, but because it was the person I found offensive, not the emoticon.

Unfortunately, I am far more than aware of how difficult it is to run these things - particularly having been the only "on duty" member of staff on over Christmas at another site and spent at least a couple of hours every day deleting adverts for "Runescape Gold", "WoW Powerlevelling" and "Generic V14&ra!" and banning the spammers posting them. If the admins here have been dealing with the same people, they have my deepest sympathy. If not, they still have my deepest admiration for what they do.

I'll definitely be putting money in when the drive comes around.

Ian P.

GRS_Cobra 1
December 31st, 2008, 08:10
PLEASE DON"T PULL THE PLUG!!!!!!!!!!
If it was not for you guys most of us would have moved on to other things ( Thanks to Microsuck pulling the plug on their server and leaving us stuck out like step-children) Most of our games would be on the shelf collecting dust.
Thank God alot of us found our way here.
CFS3 is almost the only thing that frees my mind of all the daily BS in the world! All the people that have found there way here and have any sence at all would be saddened greatly to see this site go away.
The People here are fun to fly with and have helped me alot to become a worthy opponant and to be able to create a very heavily modded game ( 315 Planes ) if not for the people who have devoted so much time and effort to keep cfs3 alive as well as some of the other FS games we would be screwed!!!!!
I would hate to think that this site has become a health issuse ( though it has raised MY blood pressure from time to time..lol ) for anyone, but if it has, we all, I'm sure, would understand and wish them the best on a speedy recovery.
I'm sure that that the SOH staff are doing their best to help keep the site going. And I could promise you that if I had the knowledge to help with this endeavor I would do what I could to help.
So to all you Lovers of the game and this site that can help in any way I'm sure the SOH staff and all of us virtual pilots would be greatly indebted to you.
And thats all I have to say about that.

stumpjumper1
December 31st, 2008, 08:32
i have to agree almsot the same as capt winters, foudn this place after buying cfs3 and havent left yet, even after allthats gone thru the years i have donated wheni could provided help when i coudl to anybody that needed it, and have always tried to be as appreciative as i can be to allthe admins, even tho im sure my excellant typing/sapelling skills have annoyed htem thru the ages, but whateever the decisioni will supprt it as i have always doen with soh,

PRang
December 31st, 2008, 08:51
Lots of info, lots of help, a single place to put excellent info on CFS items and a lot of usefull info from complete strangers that want to help all of us enjoy the sims to the fullest extent.

Please do not close it down

Stop this conflict :mixedsmi:

PRang :jeep0a:

JorisVandenBerghe
December 31st, 2008, 09:34
Sorry I'm not voting in the poll as I feel it is pointless, what member of SOH would want it to close?
I second that. I haven't read anything else about SOH around this topic, actually...I don't post often, but I love this forum! The only forum where developers lurk around, answer questions, give WIP shots, details,...

And, it's one out of three forums which are daily visited by me (not sure or this construction is correct, however...)

Anyway, as someone has said before, it'd be a huge loss to the community...

:ernae: - Happy New Year, everyone. Hope SOH stays on.

Cameljockey
December 31st, 2008, 09:41
To all here at SOH. I feel as though I am partly responsible for this mess as I started a thread on the OFF forum about the aforementioned emoticon. http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=6078. The post wasn't really a complaint, just an observation and a question.
If I am seen to be part of this whole mess, I will, though reluctantly, remove myself from the SOH roster, never to return. I just hate to think that I may have had a hand in the closing of SOH. If I have, I offer my heartfelt apologies to the Admins and all the members here at SOH.

Mike aka Cameljockey

RCAF DC
December 31st, 2008, 10:04
After the CFS WEB went down.... many of the flyers passed on that Sim had a thread and a way to keep us flying.. Thank you Sim out-house for being there for us.... I hope that you will still be here as you have become a great web and a great way to keep in touch with the many friends we have all made becuase of you site...

I plan to become a chartered member as will many others..... if you are still comitted to having this great site remain up

Thank you

RCAF-DC

grizzly50
December 31st, 2008, 11:12
:kilroy:To Ickie and his crew:

Gentlemen,

I have been here as a member of SOH for over 11 months now. I have seen a lot of things going on, some good, some bad.

Concerning the bad things that have occurred, I can give you a million reasons for shutting down SOH. It must be quite a burden on you all.

I can think of only one good reason not to shut it down. The overwhelming majority of the members here, and, for that matter, the admins and the mods, are good people. Mostly, there is help, understanding, and learning to be found here in immeasurable volume. Not to mention the tremendous cameraderie and gregariousness of all of these people, and through thick and thin alike. We really no where else to go where we can experience this in so many different Forums.

Ickie, et al, I have had nothing but repect for what you have done for this site, and still do. It must be very trying at times, trying to run this "watering hole for flight-sim misfits" (of which I am one). Way too many different personalities with which to deal. But, I like it here. So do the others. Why else would we continue to came back here day after day, sometimes a dozen times a day or more?

Yes, a million reasons to shut it down, and only one good one to keep it going. You all have done very well at keeping this site on its feet and running. I, for one, commend you for that, and respect what you do.

For that reaason, I hope that you can keep it open, but I will support whatever decision that you make.

Grizzly50:d

P.S. Thank you very much for returning the smilies. Now I can sign my posts the I always do.:medals::ernae::medals:

klarm
December 31st, 2008, 13:36
Posted my reasons in detail on several related threads. To sum it all up...

There is simply no place like it on the internet and I'm afraid there likely won't be again once it's gone.
Please keep the door open and lights on!