PDA

View Full Version : Computerpilot mags owner on SOH?

Daveroo
July 17th, 2012, 12:38
this isnt a personal attack...BUT if you are on SOH please PM me...we need to talk....i keep getting "done" notices from your magazine,,and i never ordered it...

Canelo
July 17th, 2012, 13:30
Daveroo, maybe they will send you a preview issue and give you a subscription. Computerpilot is a good magazine, if we had a member with a preview subscription then maybe we could give them more credit. I for one love their magazine, good content!

Daveroo
July 17th, 2012, 13:44
its not about wanting a subscription..if i wanted it...id pay for it,and may in future when i can...but i recieved a bill today giving me 5 days to pay up or else! and it made me mad,i had a subscription back when pc aviator had the magazine...but i stopped it more than 2 years ago and NEVER renewed anything and i dont like being told to payup or else,,,i get another and ill go see my fraud buddies at the DAs office

cheezyflier
July 17th, 2012, 14:22
when fsx first came out, i had bought a few issues. with the taxes, that mag is VERY expensive here.
there wasn't anything in them i didn't already learn here, or the old hangar, and (gasp!) fly away.

Holger Sandmann
July 17th, 2012, 14:28
Hi Daveroo,

see http://www.computerpilot.com/apologies-from-the-publisher/

Cheers, Holger

Dangerousdave26
July 17th, 2012, 16:26
ouch looks like a mess for sure

Canelo
July 17th, 2012, 16:46
There are good people, sh%t happens.......

I wish that I will not make mistakes, but SH%t happens!

Daveroo
July 17th, 2012, 17:27
i thought this "
Francois" guy was a member here..i must have been mistaken ,maybe someone else...sorry if i got anyone one leses hankles up...but im still upset,i read the site posted above and im not satisfied,ive allready called my friend,and he is willing to help me....so we'll see what happens from here

roger-wilco-66
July 17th, 2012, 23:34
I understand your frustration, but I'd give them a chance to clear this up. Also, in regard of Francois, this is barking up the wrong tree, IMHO.

Best,
Mark

joe bob
July 18th, 2012, 09:10
Friend or not I would hope any District Attorney would have more important actual crimes on his plate
This is an instance of good people trying to get technical issues sorted out which they have owned up to.

Daveroo
July 18th, 2012, 10:18
its about the "attaching your credit" issue he is /was interrested in.no ones going to screw with my credit rating and get away with it,specially when its for something i did NOT request!! (my DA friend)..but im satisfied on my end...i left a note for some one in PM and will end my complaining.....

delete this entire thread if ya want

Francois
August 6th, 2012, 06:37
Daveroo and I cleared this up... as I have done with hundreds of disgruntled readers. Very unfortunate turn of events, but we're working on getting things back on track.

And for info: no, the owner is not on SOH ;-) But I am, so I will try and answer questions and concerns if I happen to catch them.

Daveroo
August 6th, 2012, 08:14
Daveroo and I cleared this up... as I have done with hundreds of disgruntled readers. Very unfortunate turn of events, but we're working on getting things back on track.

And for info: no, the owner is not on SOH ;-) But I am, so I will try and answer questions and concerns if I happen to catch them.

yes its all good

rpjkw
August 8th, 2012, 11:16
Had the same problem with Reader's Digest 10 years ago. Sure wish I could have cleared it up as quickly and easily as Daveroo and Francois.

Willy
August 8th, 2012, 12:04
My 78 yr old mother in law who gets confused easy had similar with a magazine she subscribes to. She paid her annual subscription and then they kept billing her for more. If Mrs Willy hadn't of got involved, she'd probably have kept paying them considering how the state of her mind is now. It was quite the fun listening to my wife on the phone with those people, accusing them of taking advantage of the elderly in their scams.

cheezyflier
August 8th, 2012, 13:11
tbo, i had the opposite happen to me once. i joined b.a.s.s. way back in the 80's.
after the first year, i had (i felt) all the information i needed. i tried to let the subscription lapse. after the subscription ran out, i received an issue every month, right on time, with a letter telling me if i didn't renew right away they weren't going to send any more magazines. well, by the 18th time, i could plainly see that they really meant it. no more magazines came after that. :icon_lol: