PDA

View Full Version : FYI /Project by Dino Cattaneo /F-35 Cleared to taxi

fox18delta
July 15th, 2012, 11:38
Just a heads up for the FSX comunity
Good flying to you
paul

http://indiafoxtecho.blogspot.ca/2012/07/f-35-cleared-to-taxi-and-hold-short.html

stovall
July 15th, 2012, 12:08
Thanks Fox18Delta, great news, must keep our eyes open for this one.:jump:

fox18delta
July 15th, 2012, 15:17
Thanks Fox18Delta, great news, must keep our eyes open for this one.:jump:

Yes, Dino does great work...and only a hobby for him, sheesh, what a talent.
Very cool, the creative individuals and insights on this forum.
:-)

heywooood
July 15th, 2012, 16:21
Yes, Dino does great work...and only a hobby for him, sheesh, what a talent.
Very cool, the creative individuals and insights on this forum.
:-)

I am not real big on modern jet fighters in FSX - but I will be purchasing the F35 to support Dino's work and as a way of showing appreciation in some small way for the F-14 and the Goshawk

Dino Cattaneo
July 15th, 2012, 23:47
Guys, thanks for your support and appreciation!

I hope the F-35 will not disappoint. I still need to write a couple of pages of the manual and it is done.
Fact is that I do not have much time during working days...and since I live close to the sea I'm spending most of my weekend at the beach :-)!

But rest assured - it is coming soon. And then there will be news on the next iteration of the Tomcat!

IanHenry
July 16th, 2012, 00:23
Thanks Dino, can't wait!

Regards,
Ian.

gtirob01
July 16th, 2012, 09:09
Excellent news! I just happened to fly the first F-35 by Dino the other day!

Discount or not, Im buying this one either way!

JAllen
July 16th, 2012, 12:56
As Heywooood says, "I will be purchasing the F35 to support Dino's work and as a way of showing appreciation in some small way for the F-14 and the Goshawk"
:salute:
Thank you Dino,
Jim

ryanbatc
July 16th, 2012, 17:54
I need a fast jet for vatsim and pilot edge...

How is the fps with the glass cockpit?

Dino Cattaneo
July 17th, 2012, 00:06
Honestly, the FPS is not spectacular. The MFD, especially in the map mode, is not the lightest gauge you may have, and the visual mesh complexity is quite high.
On my system (i7 920 + Nvidia 295) there is a significant hit to the frame rate - definitely not the best model in that respect.
In general the visuals are more accurate, but also more complex. Beta Test results were that the new F-35 performs slightly worse than the previous iteration (on average) although fps hit was not reported as catastrophic.

And again, even if I am the author, I'm trying to be as unbiased as possible as I am not trying to "sell" anything. The only reason why I am asking an "admission ticket" for this project is that I've acquired 3D professional meshes to obtain the best visual fidelity... and those came with few thousands euros bill attached...

GB
July 17th, 2012, 01:37
Dino

Where do we expect to find the new F-35's for purchase? Is there a possibility of release by this weekend?

Dino Cattaneo
July 17th, 2012, 03:36
Unfortunately I don't have a firm date at the moment. I hope I will have the final package (including manual and installer) ready by tomorrow. Then it may well take another week to have the whole thing up to SimMarket... It is depending on a lot of factors, the main one being my real-life job...

ryanbatc
July 17th, 2012, 14:27
Honestly, the FPS is not spectacular. The MFD, especially in the map mode, is not the lightest gauge you may have, and the visual mesh complexity is quite high.
On my system (i7 920 + Nvidia 295) there is a significant hit to the frame rate - definitely not the best model in that respect.
In general the visuals are more accurate, but also more complex. Beta Test results were that the new F-35 performs slightly worse than the previous iteration (on average) although fps hit was not reported as catastrophic.

And again, even if I am the author, I'm trying to be as unbiased as possible as I am not trying to "sell" anything. The only reason why I am asking an "admission ticket" for this project is that I've acquired 3D professional meshes to obtain the best visual fidelity... and those came with few thousands euros bill attached...

Thanks for the honest answer... I'll probably buy it anyway. Like I said I need something fast.. well faster than the NGX.

Bone
July 17th, 2012, 14:46
It will be a good model to have, even if it's a slight drag on FPS. I'm in, bring it on.:icon30:

crashaz
July 17th, 2012, 14:53
:Ditto! I'm in line with Heywooood ! :jump:

StormILM
July 17th, 2012, 15:07
I had FPS issues with the previous versions and what I did to correct this was the open the Panel Cfg and adjust the pixel_size= from the higher numbers down to 512,512. The FPS shot up to target FPS and so far as I can tell, there were no ill effects except very minor(if even perceptible) resolution loss. Perhaps this adjustment will help some with the VC FPS issues.

cortomalteseit
July 17th, 2012, 21:33
My pc is not very performant, but, during the beta testing, i didn't see any particular frame-rate issue. Otherwise, the general frame-rate of the aircraft is very good, if compared to other modern jets.

kdfw
July 18th, 2012, 18:03
Is performance close to VRS F/A18? Since I'll be doing carrier circuits (no land near by), frames should be good, no?

Looking forward to Dino's newest creation.

Dino Cattaneo
July 19th, 2012, 03:57
@cortomalteseit
Well, yes, there are some models that are worse or comparable. Actually, not many developers are staying within the limits reccomended in the SDK (which will give you an excellent performance).
Although the drawing calls are comparable in complexity, on my system the new F-35 performs worse than the 1.0... but we all know that FSX performance is a complete mistery in many respects :-)

@kdfw
On my system, the F-35 has better frame rates than the Superbug - unless you activate the MAP mode... again, that is just on my system.

Dino Cattaneo
July 19th, 2012, 22:58
69419 69420 69421

Above are screenshots of the final models for the F-35 A, B and C.
Also, a copy of the manual can be downloaded from this post on my blog:

http://indiafoxtecho.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/f-35-manual-draft-1-for-download.html

As usual, thanks for your appreciation!

Cag40Navy
July 19th, 2012, 23:25
Awesome work Dino!! Ill be putting this on my Christmas list.

letourn
July 20th, 2012, 11:45
FSP is also much better on my system with the F-35 than the F/A-18E VRS

YoYo
July 20th, 2012, 12:18
Looks better and better, crg Dino! Nice to see manual too.

XLR8
July 20th, 2012, 12:19
So will this release be the A,B and C versions.

DennyA
July 21st, 2012, 10:19
Oh, wow, Dino, I cannot wait to give you some of my money!

I bought your original A and liked it, love the idea of the STOVL and carrier birds! And IMHO the F-35C is the best-looking of the bunch. :)

morpheusfz
July 22nd, 2012, 00:40
A "clean" Version without Stores for the F-35C where cool to.

Barnes
July 22nd, 2012, 00:56
My amex card numbers are yours! It looks fantastic.

Ps - just took your Drifter for a flight after leaving it in the hangar for ages - great experience.

cajj1
July 25th, 2012, 07:02
It seems this is now released http://secure.simmarket.com/dino-cattaneo-the-real-f-35-lightning-ii.phtml and very reasonably priced especially if you already own the previous version :jump:

letourn
July 25th, 2012, 08:20
Yes and already flying

69701 69702

Thanks Dino for those 3 birds

MiG Killer
July 25th, 2012, 10:43
Thank you Dino for another awesome plane.

What scenery is that?

Dino Cattaneo
July 25th, 2012, 11:36
Well, I though I was supposed to give my authorization to SimMarket to proceed - but they put it online too early. Honestly, I wanted to make a couple of changes to the webpage before releasing it... For one, calling the project "The Real F-35" is not an idea of mine, and I will ask SimMarket to change it. I believe it is a reasonable simulation - but it is far from being as "real" as other addons.

The product has still some bugs - sorry for that - but I hope that the quality level is acceptable for most users as the price - if my calculations are right, this will be just enough to cover the development costs. Again, this is not a job for me, nor I do not want it to be - still, I hope the F-35 is "professional" enough for most users to enjoy flying it. Have fun!

Dino Cattaneo
July 25th, 2012, 13:49
One note... I've been noticed that the installer has a little bug and does not place the model files in the proper folders. Please see my blog for details: indiafoxtecho.blogspot.com

A fix is being uploaded right now...sorry for the inconvenience!

letourn
July 25th, 2012, 19:09
Thank you Dino for another awesome plane.

What scenery is that?

What you see is the LHA by AJ Weber freeware static amphibious and SSW AV-8B and of course The F-35B by Dino.

What you dont see is Sea Knight, Cobra and Osprey All create with FSrecorder. So its not a static scenery.