PDA

View Full Version : SibWings Bird Dog Question...

rdaniell
July 15th, 2012, 05:48
I'm enjoying flying this airplane but, I have a question about it. My question is: Do any of you who have this airplane have problems with tuning the radios in it? The F model has both a VOR and ADF in it which I've been unable to tune to the correct frequencies at my local airport.

Thanks for any information.

RD

Edit: I see from taking a look at earlier posts concerning this airplane that this issue has been raised before. I did not see any posts where it had been resolved.

jojohnson9
July 15th, 2012, 07:42
I modified the radio section of the aircraft cfg to this:

[Radios]
// Radio Type = availiable, standby frequency, has glide slope
Audio.1 = 1
Com.1 = 1
Com.2 = 1
Nav.1 = 1
Nav.2 = 1
Adf.1 = 1
Transponder.1 = 1
Marker.1 = 1

I've had to do this to some other planes to make the radios tune. Don't know why it works, but it does. I also added a 2D radio panel to make it easier to tune the ADF.

rdaniell
July 15th, 2012, 12:18
I modified the radio section of the aircraft cfg to this:
[Radios]
// Radio Type = availiable, standby frequency, has glide slope
Audio.1 = 1
Com.1 = 1
Com.2 = 1
Nav.1 = 1
Nav.2 = 1
Adf.1 = 1
Transponder.1 = 1
Marker.1 = 1

I've had to do this to some other planes to make the radios tune. Don't know why it works, but it does. I also added a 2D radio panel to make it easier to tune the ADF.

Thank you. I'll copy and paste the above into my config file.

RD

jojohnson9
July 15th, 2012, 16:33
Could you post here if it works for you? I haven't seen anywhere if my fix is just my computer or not. Hope it does it for you.

rdaniell
July 15th, 2012, 17:25
Could you post here if it works for you? I haven't seen anywhere if my fix is just my computer or not. Hope it does it for you.

NO JOY. I'm glad it worked for you.

RD

jojohnson9
July 16th, 2012, 06:52
Bummer. I went back to the original radio configuration and could not adjust frequencies on the NAV and COMM radios, ADF worked fine. Went back to my modified radios and can change all frequencies. So it must be something with my install. I'll work on it and let you know if I find anything that will help.

rdaniell
July 16th, 2012, 06:56
I spent some more time attempting to "tweak" the panel and radio section of this airplane. I've tried all kinds of things that have worked for me with other airplanes but, still NO JOY. I cannot get a 2D radio stack popup to work. It just will not show up. I tried to swap out the radios in the vc. That didn't work either. I've swapped out the radio section in the aircraft config file and that didn't work. Needless to say but, I'm kinda perplexed at this situation.

And then there is the lack of any feedback from anybody but jojohnson9. What's going on here fellows. Nearly 260 views and he's the only one with any suggestions. Should I just give up on this and simply enjoy flying the airplane strictly VFR? Which by the way, I thoroughly enjoy doing.

RD

Edit: While I was writing this, jojohnson9 responded again. Thanks jojo....

rdaniell
July 16th, 2012, 11:54
...I just went back and made sure that all evidence of any tweak attempts had been removed from the panel config and aircraft config. Now the radios, VOR
head and ADF head is working. :applause: The Nav radio still skips over a couple tenths on some frequencies but for the most part is working correctly.

I think I'll quit while I'm ahead...LOL..

RD

jojohnson9
July 16th, 2012, 15:31
Good news. It is a fun airplane to fly.