PDA

View Full Version : The RV Queen

pilottj
July 14th, 2012, 10:48
Hey guys,

After the last scheme, the trekkie in me decided to have a little fun ala Tejanahawk..and I added an appropriate pinup. The pinup is based on drawing by Nathan Rork at Deviantart.com. I added some bumper stickers to the bulkhead. Since this paint was just some goofing off, I probably wont release it officially. If anyone still wants it, just shoot me a PM or email.

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshots/images/820pilottj_2012_jul_14_00.jpg
http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshots/images/859pilottj_2012_jul_14_00.jpg

Cheers
TJ

pbearsailor
July 14th, 2012, 11:25
Ah, TJ, you are so close, so very close. I live in an RV that looks just about like that one the RV is pulling, a 1957 Airstream. But San Fransisco Giants? Surely you meant to put a Texas Rangers bumper sticker in there instead?

But I still like it. :jump:

cheers,
steve :wavey:

pilottj
July 14th, 2012, 11:55
Haha yeah I just pulled a random airstream picture off of google pics, then resized and matched the RV-7 sillouette.

Yep Giants fan since childhood...which for me was the Roger Craig led Giants during the Will Clark/Kevin Mitchell era. I still remember Will the Thrill hitting a grand slam off of Maddux during the 89 NLCS against the Cubs. :salute: Many many years of getting my hopes up, only to be dissapointed by the end of the season. Finally saw them go to the gloryland in 2010...at the Rangers expense. The Rangers are a good team and can I see them staying a world series caliber team for a quite a few years still.

pbearsailor
July 14th, 2012, 12:10
Yeah, sorry to see my Rangers lose, but happy for the Giants--they were due. Lived in Fresno for awhile when they had a low minor league class A team and got to see Will Clark make his professional debut there. It was clear that he wan't going to be in the minors very long. I think they just wanted to see him transition to a wood bat, but he had no trouble with that.

I'll PM you with my email--I'd love that paint.

Seriously OT with the pic, but, oh well.

-steve

b52bob
July 14th, 2012, 21:29
Nice job on that airstream. We just got a new grand Teton for our lot in pahrump nv

flyingbrian
July 15th, 2012, 16:34
Nice paint for the RV. You are lucky to have seen the great Giants teams from the late 80's, I'm too young. One of my friends is a Giants and Rangers fan, so he didnt care who won the 2010 World Series. I'm a Giants fan all the way!:applause:

-Brian

pilottj
July 16th, 2012, 14:52
Thats great Brian, always good to meet a fellow Giants fan.:salute::icon29:

I went to the game yesterday with the family. We were lucky to score some club level tickets. The real treat was to go through the museum on the club level and see all the memoribillia. There was a shiny object in a glass case that caught my eye...
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f349/pilottj/cid__downsize.jpg
It was glorious:icon_eek: I think my life is complete now :icon_lol: sorry for blurry pic..caught it with my camera phone.

Cheers
TJ