PDA

View Full Version : Next from Flight Replicas: Me-262 Special Edition

mike_cyul
July 14th, 2012, 09:23
What, you thought I would take a nap after the 109K-4? :)

We haven't told anyone, but over the past year Bernt, Warwick and I have put together a new version of the Me-262 for FSX. It's a reworking of the existing Flight Replicas Me-262a-1a, but now features, among other things, very, very accurate flight dynamics (including single engine flight, which with a Jumo is not easy), working gun system and collimated Revi 16B reticule, upgrades to the model, new high res textures, and best of all (depending on your point of view), all the famous headaches of accurately controlling the engines of the world's first operation jet fighter, including the ability to flood and shut down the power plants if you don't move the throttles at the correct speeds at the correct rpm. As far as I know, this is a first in FSX.

Other new feature? It's free. Yes, free, with only one small requirement: The Special Edition Me-262 will be free to anyone who has purchased any of the earlier Flight Replicas Me-262 packages for FSX. After the package is released, you will just need to send an email with your previous purchase info from any of the existing Me-262 vendors, and receive a download link in return.

The Special Edition will also be available for sale for new purchasers, but only on the Flight Replicas site. This because I do not imagine other vendors will want to hand out free aircraft, and wouldn't be happy to have to redirect customers to a potentially competing site.

There are still some details to work out. I will post more news as things move towards release, so stay tuned.

Mike

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/mike_cyul/FR_262_SE/2621.jpg

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/mike_cyul/FR_262_SE/2622.jpg

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/mike_cyul/FR_262_SE/2623.jpg

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/mike_cyul/FR_262_SE/2624.jpg

Chunk
July 14th, 2012, 09:40
Very impressive Mike. My first Flight Replicas purchase was the 109-K, and I'm hooked!

CodyValkyrie
July 14th, 2012, 09:51
Will this apply to both 262 packages? I'm very much looking forward to this upgrade. I've had your 262 package for some time. :)

YoYo
July 14th, 2012, 10:09
Finally ! Cant wait :jump: !

RyanJames170
July 14th, 2012, 10:14
that is cool i was just wondering if you were going to update that thing! looking good

MudMarine
July 14th, 2012, 10:17
I was just flying my 262 the other day. I've had the FS9 and FSX 262's for a while also. I'm looking forward to the upgrade.......I'm sure I'll burn that sucker up!:applause::icon_lol:

Stickshaker
July 14th, 2012, 10:45
This is more than I dared hope for! I bought all your 262’s but wouldn’t mind to have to pay for this new beauty! Thank you so much. Mike!

pbearsailor
July 14th, 2012, 11:21
That is such good news! :applause:

Like others have posted, I was flying this after using the 109 a couple of days ago and just hoping that something like this might happen. Thanks, Mike.

cheers,
steve :wavey:

Ferry_vO
July 14th, 2012, 11:56
I hope this will also apply for those who, like me, bought the Flight1 box..?

mike_cyul
July 14th, 2012, 12:22
I hope this will also apply for those who, like me, bought the Flight1 box..?

Absolutely.

Mike

mike_cyul
July 14th, 2012, 12:35
Will this apply to both 262 packages? I'm very much looking forward to this upgrade. I've had your 262 package for some time. :)

Any of the FSX Me-262 packages.

Mike

Ferry_vO
July 14th, 2012, 12:41
Absolutely.

:applause: :applause: Thanks Mike!

Daube
July 14th, 2012, 13:22
Excellent news !!
thanks a lot :ernae:

Mach3DS
July 14th, 2012, 13:32
What a nice surprise! Purchased the original FSX version a few years back. What a magnanimous offer! Thank you!

Ian Warren
July 14th, 2012, 14:20
SHOCK HORROR and DISGUST:eek:on my part :sleep: I must have been in la la land , I'll wait till the upgraded package is completed <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Roadburner440
July 14th, 2012, 14:45
You guys are awesome! I purchased this years ago and still enjoy flying it. Have been mulling about buying the 109 (my hangar is getting quite packed these days), but this is awesome news. Especially knowing Bernt is in on it too. Guess this means I will actually have to learn how to fly the thing properly now since the engines will flood.

mike_cyul
July 14th, 2012, 14:59
I should perhaps just add, in case there is any misunderstanding, that the Me-262 Special Edition is not a patch for the original Me-262's. This is a stand-alone package, and will consist of the 262a-1a version only.

Mike

Cirrus N210MS
July 14th, 2012, 15:40
that Me262 Is amazing airplane i will have to Go Pick a Copy of it up i am a fan of german WW2 Planes

:salute:

P38man
July 14th, 2012, 16:15
thanks so much Mike!!

I have your me262 already

really looking forward to it

btw I have wished for the throttle management for a long time but thought it was not possible
I loved it in il2-1946 , amazing and totally unexpected

RyanJames170
July 14th, 2012, 16:17
if you get a chance mike you should do one of those modern Me-262's i think those are cool

Roadburner440
July 14th, 2012, 16:58
if you get a chance mike you should do one of those modern Me-262's i think those are cool

I currently volunteer for a guy who owns 1 of the 5 replica's, and am going to see it Sunday. I am going to be taking a ton of photos, and will put them up here when I get back. Supposed to let us do a walk around, and check it out. Then it is supposed to fly.

I figured it would not be a full package update. I am grateful for any updates that come. The aircraft is still good in my eyes even without an update. Although the new features will add a whole new life to the bird.

P38man
July 14th, 2012, 17:19
I currently volunteer for a guy who owns 1 of the 5 replica's, and am going to see it Sunday. I am going to be taking a ton of photos, and will put them up here when I get back. Supposed to let us do a walk around, and check it out. Then it is supposed to fly.

I figured it would not be a full package update. I am grateful for any updates that come. The aircraft is still good in my eyes even without an update. Although the new features will add a whole new life to the bird.

Now that would be awesome, lucky dude!! thanks for showing the photos, cannot wait!

agree with your comments about Mikes me 262

RyanJames170
July 14th, 2012, 18:52

if u make it up in a flght in is let us know how i feels compired to mikes new one.

P38man
July 14th, 2012, 19:12
if u make it up in a flght in is let us know how i feels compired to mikes new one.

with Bernt doing the fde it's going to feel like the real thing !!!!

thanks to Warwick for the gauges as well

obviously big thanks to Mike

ErnstF
July 14th, 2012, 22:27
Bravo, exciting news ! This I look very much forward to :jump:

some1
July 14th, 2012, 23:42
Great, looking forward to it :applause:

huub vink
July 15th, 2012, 00:41
Nice gesture Mike!

Huub

Stickshaker
July 15th, 2012, 02:42
In 1945, Me-262á got a regulator that enabled the pilot to put the throttle anywhere he wanted, and then the regulator would automatically adjust the power in such a way as to prevent flame-outs etc. So the limitations of the engines remained, but there was less chance of the pilot exceeding them. Will this be modelled in your plane, Mike?

greenie
July 15th, 2012, 04:02
I too already have the 262 so this comes as an exciting annoucement. Many thanks , its appreciated ! Looking forward to it.

...also curious about the other projects . I hope the will be of similar ilk to the Boomerang, Me 109
...any clues ?..will it be military ? ...

Roadburner440
July 15th, 2012, 05:54

Unfortunately there is no flying of the Me-262 for us volunteers. Gerry is very kind to all of us, and the museum is a great place to be. However there are liabilities and such that need to be taken in to account, and as such we are not normally allowed to go up on flights... If we go on a flight it is usually in the Dragon Rapide, Stearman, B-17, or stuff like that. A big deal by any measure, but certaintly not the Me-262 or P-51 if you will.

Lionheart
July 15th, 2012, 07:44
I didnt know you could improve the 262 package! The first one blew my mind. Awesome work, Mike!

Bill

dvj
July 15th, 2012, 12:29

The Rare versions are quite excellent and unique in flight sim!

Ian Warren
July 15th, 2012, 14:17
Nice Screen dvj :cool: don't think i need all the variants , think the single Me-262 should suit me at the mo :cool:<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

warchild
July 16th, 2012, 00:54
I've owned your me-262 since its first release for fs9, but gotta admit, i didnt buy the fsx version. guess i always thought i'd just update the textures as needed since the original 262 was a fantastic plane to fly.. So, being as i am one of those who dont qualify ( couldnt anyway as my os and email stuff has changed since thwen and all that information was lost ) i guess my question would be; how much will be charged normally??
Pam

mike_cyul
July 16th, 2012, 05:31
I've owned your me-262 since its first release for fs9, but gotta admit, i didnt buy the fsx version. guess i always thought i'd just update the textures as needed since the original 262 was a fantastic plane to fly.. So, being as i am one of those who dont qualify ( couldnt anyway as my os and email stuff has changed since thwen and all that information was lost ) i guess my question would be; how much will be charged normally??
Pam

I don't know yet, Pam. We're not that far along with the release right now.

Mike

warchild
July 16th, 2012, 06:34
Thanks mike. Its appreciated..

mike_cyul
July 16th, 2012, 07:11
In 1945, Me-262á got a regulator that enabled the pilot to put the throttle anywhere he wanted, and then the regulator would automatically adjust the power in such a way as to prevent flame-outs etc. So the limitations of the engines remained, but there was less chance of the pilot exceeding them. Will this be modelled in your plane, Mike?

What Warwick (Wozza) did was match the throttle movement speeds in the official Messerschmitt training film, coupled with some known rpm thresholds. Whether this film depicted an early or late fuel system, I do not know.

By the way, did I mention that the throttle management gauges have been made seperate (i.e. are in the Gauge folder, and not incorporated into the model), so that you will be able to retrofit all the earlier Flight Replicas 262 packages? (Only this throttle aspect, however, all the other upgrades remain unique to the Special Edition.)

Flight dynamics, too. :)

Mike

Stickshaker
July 16th, 2012, 11:47
All clear, Mike. What a clever way to extract information! And excellent news that the throttle gauges can be retrofitted! I’ll certainly do it with the nightfighter!<o:p></o:p>
What do you mean by ‘flight dynamics too’? Are they, too, unique for the new package or can they, too, be retrofitted?

mike_cyul
July 16th, 2012, 12:02
What do you mean by ‘flight dynamics too’? Are they, too, unique for the new package or can they, too, be retrofitted?

Yes, flight dynamics can be retrofitted. Users will just have to copy and paste the .air and .aircraft.cfg files from the new Me-262, and then copy over and update the [fltsim.xx] entries in the aircraft.cfg to include the older paint schemes.

Mike

Stickshaker
July 17th, 2012, 01:38
What more can we ask for? Thanks for the information, Mike.

Stickshaker
September 29th, 2012, 10:35
Hello Mike, any news on this wonderful 'new' bird?

mike_cyul
September 29th, 2012, 12:56
Hello Mike, any news on this wonderful 'new' bird?

It's really just a matter of finding the time to finish up the package. Bernt and I have both been busy, and with other projects that have had a higher priority. But if you check the Flight Replicas home page, you'll see it's now at the top of the list, now that the FSX 109K and P-51/Bf-109K packages are out of the way. I think there's a three-day weekend coming up here soon, and that should give me some much needed extended development time.

Mike

MudMarine
September 29th, 2012, 13:26
It's really just a matter of finding the time to finish up the package. Bernt and I have both been busy, and with other projects that have had a higher priority. But if you check the Flight Replicas home page, you'll see it's now at the top of the list, now that the FSX 109K and P-51/Bf-109K packages are out of the way. I think there's a three-day weekend coming up here soon, and that should give me some much needed extended development time.

Mike

Can't wait! I wish Flight Replicas would adopt me! I don't eat much but I do spend a lot of time simm-flying! :icon_lol:

olderndirt
September 29th, 2012, 16:53
Sitting here wondering - will it be cheaper to buy the original and be eligible for the free upgrade or to simply buy the upgrade?

Stickshaker
September 30th, 2012, 02:10
Top of the list! Great! Thanks, Mike.

Ferry_vO
September 30th, 2012, 02:27
Sitting here wondering - will it be cheaper to buy the original and be eligible for the free upgrade or to simply buy the upgrade?

I guess it depends on what models you want; the new version is a single-seat only, if you buy the pack now you'll get a twinseater too, and if you buy the boxset you get all the variations (Recon, anti-tankgun and nightfighter). The upgraded version will still be the single-seat only though.

:)