PDA

View Full Version : Time To Say Good-Bye

MudMarine
December 30th, 2008, 07:37
It's been nice folks, I've enjoyed my time spent here. Lately it seems, at least to me, their have been way too many touch-holes around. Really, I don't even know why I'm wasting my time posting. Say what you like.......Bye.

Brian_Gladden
December 30th, 2008, 07:52
? ? ? ?

Brian

Craig Taylor
December 30th, 2008, 08:21
I'll be sorry to see the Marine contingent here reduced by one.

heywooood
December 30th, 2008, 08:30
whats a 'touch-hole' ???

Its a question to me why some people on forums make a big deal about going away as they usually don't stay gone and almost always get over whatever the deal was after a day or so...

and who ever heard of a thin-skinned marine...?
c'mon - its just a forum.

see ya around in a couple of days Mud - and remember what the Joker said..."why so serious?"

heywooood
December 30th, 2008, 08:41
Ickie - I don't know you guys as well as some other members as I just joined this year

that said I have found this to be the one of the most well maintained and well mannered places I have ever visited.

people seldom express their oppinions in a considered way - always popping off the cuff and only realising their inadvertent transgressions after the fact - after re-reading what they typed or having it interpreted in another way entirely by someone else who read it.

I hope cooler heads will prevail here and based on the general level of maturity and respect I've seen on this board I trust they will.

the Holidays can drive up the stress level and blood pressure at times - take it from me - my mother in law is not at all jokingly refered to as 'Endora' incase anyone is old enough to remember that old TV show....which makes me Derwooood I s'pose haha

so whatever it is that I've tried to say here today - remember what my old hockey coach used to say "never complain - never explain, just go to the box and serve your two minutes...you weren't helping us win this game anyways"

michael davies
December 30th, 2008, 08:48
It's been nice folks, I've enjoyed my time spent here. Lately it seems, at least to me, their have been way too many touch-holes around. Really, I don't even know why I'm wasting my time posting. Say what you like.......Bye.

Now who am I going to fence with ?, besides you cant have the miserable hat today [frown] <FROWN>, I booked it out before you, please return it and take another [grin]<GRIN>.

Sincerely

Michael

6297J
December 30th, 2008, 08:51
You learn something new on these forums every day

touch·hole (tuc̸h′hōl′)
noun
in early firearms, the hole in the breech through which the charge was touched off

;-]

huub vink
December 30th, 2008, 09:07
Yeah Mud, the place has never been the same after I resigned as staff ( As we obviously don't have icons anymore, I can't add :costums: anymore)

Huub

RCAF_Gunner
December 30th, 2008, 09:11

MudMarine, I hope we'll see you back here sometime soon.

Rick

Cactuskid
December 30th, 2008, 09:19
I was a moderator on a health related forum for several years and every year it was apparent that the stress of the holidays starts to show up in people's posts. This year especially with the added burden of financial stress that so many of us are experiencing. I can certainly empathize with Ron, as he has a thankless job that all too many forum members take for granted.

Can we all please just move on as SOH is by far the BEST flightsim forum on the net, bar none! It would be a cryin' shame to see SOH deteriorate because of nonsense like smilies and other things unrelated to flightsimming. SOH is an oasis for me to escape the animosities of politics and other things that are so prevalent on the internet. Aside from actually flying my sim, logging on to SOH is one of my favorite daily routines. Where else can I find like-minded friends who are as obsessed with this hobby as I am?

Mud, I would be truly saddened to see you leave us, as I enjoy your posts very much. Please reconsider.

Richie

hews500d
December 30th, 2008, 09:27
Can we all please just move on as SOH is by far the BEST flightsim forum on the net, bar none! It would be a cryin' shame to see SOH deteriorate because of nonsense like smilies and other things unrelated to flightsimming. SOH is an oasis for me to escape the animosities of politics and other things that are so prevalent on the internet. Aside from actually flying my sim, logging on to SOH is one of my favorite daily routines. Where else can I find like-minded friends who are as obsessed with this hobby as I am?

Mud, I would be truly saddened to see you leave us, as I enjoy your posts very much. Please reconsider.

Richie

Ditto....

Darrell

JimC1702
December 30th, 2008, 09:46
Hate to see a fellow upstate NY'er leave. There aren't many of us up here in the barren wilderness.

Hopefully whatever happened will blow over soon. I haven't been here that long, but I find it to be one of the best and friendliest flight sim boards on the 'net.

Jim

CodyValkyrie
December 30th, 2008, 09:50
Well dang. I enjoyed the short lived anti-USAF (as I am a vet) banter.

Hope you change your mind regardless.

ryanbatc
December 30th, 2008, 09:53
Why make a post....just leave....

weak sauce...

fliger747
December 30th, 2008, 09:54
If I were to identify a weakness in the Marine philosophy of life (On of My best buddies retired as a Bull Col and my grandrfather served with Smdley Butler in Central America....) is that they do not suscribe to the Stick and Stones.... view of life and are somewhat reactive to verbal criticism. Somewhat in the manner of the Ante Bellum Southern Gentleman.

Too bad as I was anticipating some excitememnt on his part about the new Corsair in the works. 50 cals at 1000 paces anyone?

Cheers: T.

HundertzehnGustav
December 30th, 2008, 10:00
that related to the bull-s(h)itting thread?
ah come on now!

that thread sucked, was unnecessary, had negative consequences and was a complete waste of cyberspace.

to imagine i took the time to read it...

mjrhealth
December 30th, 2008, 10:42
There isnt a forum on the web that dont have isues like that. I for one spend more time here then avsim it seems to be more alive. As for those short tempered abusvive people, you cant escape them its just a fact of life, but why let them ruin a good thing. If you leave they won, there are more good people on here then those others so are we not here for the good of all, beside why leave and ruin all the good work the administrators are doing, lets give them a reason to continue by staying.

HundertzehnGustav
December 30th, 2008, 10:47
yea, but if we want to stay, they have to work for that!

need something more tangible.
simply "keep this place running for the good folks" is a very positive, yet weak reason, methinks...

? no?

Ickie and Canelo could be with the family, instead of monitoring the soft and hardware...
out fishing
playing pooter games
taking a nap

no?

Barvan40
December 30th, 2008, 10:57
Hope you change your mind Mud. Always enjoyed reading your posts, even the occasional cantankerous one.

Barry

HundertzehnGustav
December 30th, 2008, 11:08
oh, i am just questioning.
i want these people to open their eyes and see what they got.
then, if i can get them to fire up their brains, they might be willing to contribute.

maybe.
possibly.

if it is worth it.

so far... little response, many passers-by.
rather dissapointing, but, the day is still young.

wilycoyote4
December 30th, 2008, 11:19
Seaons Greetings, Mud,

Stick around, FSX needs all the help it can get, and there's no such thing as a perfect FS forum, let alone an intelligent, all knowing forum.

I never did read the bull thread so I've no idea what the commotion could be, as is usual for me.

You're always welcome in my world, whether you want to be or not.

lifejogger
December 30th, 2008, 11:25
Where are you going to go?????? Most all of the other FS forums are worse than this one. But actually there is nothing wrong with this one.

HundertzehnGustav
December 30th, 2008, 11:26
oh, i am not a FSX dude at all (it is sitting on the shelf, waiting for me to mature)

what i want is stir the pot and make the people aware.

i know they read... oh, they read a lot.

but can they speak? think? care? not just type a bunch of thank you words that SOMETIMES mean nothing at all?

That is what i want to know.

who is truly grateful? in what way? for what?

i must say i am pretty mad at the moment and dont know why.

knowing no linux or web-magic, i cannot help the situation in an other way.

Cazzie
December 30th, 2008, 12:05

Semper Fi Mud!

You ain't going no place sir. If you are leaving due to a particular thread that has gained far too much importance for something so trivial, then you're being foolish sir. I know one thing, a jarhead ain't gonna let a few words upset his grace of living. And besides, too many of us still want you around.

Caz

heywooood
December 30th, 2008, 12:08
as it turns out - that really was a crappy smilie afterall haha

harleyman
December 30th, 2008, 13:01
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm Not good me thinks......

heywooood
December 30th, 2008, 13:07
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm Not good me thinks......

no - its pretty rediculous is what it is..like elementary school

Roger
December 30th, 2008, 13:19
I feel sorry for Bill Womack.

heywooood
December 30th, 2008, 13:22
he didn't do anything but pose a harmless question - Who could have known this would be the result of it...not his doing I assure you

CodyValkyrie
December 30th, 2008, 13:22
This isn't Bill's fault. Even if he might "think" so. Bill just brought up a topic, that apparently got WAY out of hand.

heywooood
December 30th, 2008, 13:23
not just out of hand but down the rabbit hole

Lionheart
December 30th, 2008, 13:31
Tim... Yah cant leave.... Your part of the unit, the platoon, the squadron.

Rest, get some RR...

All is well. :D

Bill

Lionheart
December 30th, 2008, 13:33
Yeah Mud, the place has never been the same after I resigned as staff ( As we obviously don't have icons anymore, I can't add :costums: anymore)

Huub

Since when did you step down Huub???

Bill

MorrisTheCat
December 30th, 2008, 13:40
A few years ago, 2000 and before, I created freeware for flightsim....Then in a matter of moments, actually a few nasty e-mails and comments, I left.....

Jump forward to mid 2007, I found a good group of people here and at "The Old Hangar"....I read many posts and threads, some bad most good, but the harshness of years prior had wained. With help from Tom C., Roger, Railrunner, and numerous others, I began to release freeware once again. Most comments now are good, some people provide good solid criticism, and yes, I've gotten one or two nasty e-mails or pms....but overall, the people here and at a few other sites have prooven to be above board and respectful of different design ideas and opions....

In the last 18 months, I've released over 2 gig of scenery files for FS9 and FSX. I've download countless gigs of aircraft, tools, gauges and the other. Now to my point....

Without this and other forums for the exchange of information and ideas, we'll all be at home flying default aircraft in a default environment....how fun will that be!

So, stay the course exchange ideas and thoughts but be respectful and above board. Remember that we are all different, but have a common enjoyment of flying in a customized world in custom planes!

Regards,

MoCat

huub vink
December 30th, 2008, 13:42
Since when did you step down Huub???

Bill

October 17th 2008. But don't worry I just left as staff but didn't leave the Sim-Outhouse *wink*

Cheers,
Huub

stiz
December 30th, 2008, 13:51
aw heck, now who am i gonna tease he he :p

scotsman
December 30th, 2008, 13:59
I am a newbee in simming who got FSX in August this year. I joined SOH some weeks before and found lots of information that had great influence on how i'm now spending my leasure time. OK - it took a while til I wrote my first comment but I didn't miss one day reading here because I considered this forum the best in information and etiquette.
Can't tell you how confused I feel now, seeing this community stalling.
So, please, keep the stick neutral and apply some rudder to the opposite site to recover - getting back control is way better than bailing out!

Mike

jankees
December 30th, 2008, 14:12
see you around mud, happy flying!

Scratch
December 30th, 2008, 14:28
Aw come on Mud! We almost had a full platoon dang it. :)

Crusader
December 30th, 2008, 15:19
Aw come on Mud! We almost had a full platoon dang it. :)

As you know Mud , we never leave any Marine behind . So , stay where you're at , That's an order !

Semper Fi ,

Rich

GT182
December 30th, 2008, 15:33
Mud will be back... curiosity always kills... I mean gets the cat's attention. Besides, he's a New Yorker and we always gotta see what's goin on.

Scratch
December 30th, 2008, 16:09
He'll be back 'SOON'!!

EgoR64
December 30th, 2008, 17:50
Hi Mud,

Don't Go,

Fly & have fun, Still have a F4U on the Horizon Somewheres !!

Make for some fun F6F & F4U Carrier Action, Yummy !!

Cheers !!

Kiwikat
December 30th, 2008, 18:36
He'll be back 'SOON'!!

You've done it now... the 'S' word. That'll bring him back for sure! http://www.deafonline2.com/xforums/images/smilies/jestera.gif

txnetcop
December 30th, 2008, 18:38
Tim I hope this is all just a bad dream and I wake up tomorrow and see everyone in place here at the forum. I don't know what the issues are and we hardly agree on much but I do value your place in this forum. Please reconsider.
Ted

GT182
December 30th, 2008, 18:50
I know where to find him if he doesn't show up soon. A2A website.

Rami
December 30th, 2008, 19:05
Mudmarine,

Best wises in whatever your next endeavor might be.

Odie
December 30th, 2008, 19:41
Mud, don't leave us now !

polecat0942
December 30th, 2008, 21:16

Huub

Sorry to see you resigned as staff. :( Man why can't this place just go back to being people helping people.

hey_moe
December 31st, 2008, 08:41
I have had enough of this thread...if you don't want to be here just leave. If you don't like me closing this email me so we can have a one on one chat....good grief!