PDA

View Full Version : Argosy for FSX

FSX68
July 14th, 2012, 06:04
I found this Armstrong Whitworth Argosy AW650 SRS 100 and 200 by Rick Piper
Originally for FS9 (FS2004) this model will also work in FSX with the usual port over side effects.

This would be a great Native FSX redo for one of our talented manipulators of the polys.

http://www.cbfsim.org/cbfs_lib/thumbnails.php?album=2

Both Native FS9 and port over to FSX are there. No installer provided.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsjE9j3MtgM

Dave Torkington
July 14th, 2012, 06:57
This would be a great Native FSX redo for one of our talented manipulators of the polys.

Don't get me all excited Rich... Oh the sound of those RR Dart engines... Weren't they fitted to the HP Herald and Avro 748's?

Takes me back to spotting on the piers at EGCC many moons ago.

FSX68
July 14th, 2012, 07:05
Don't get me all excited Rich... Oh the sound of those RR Dart engines... Weren't they fitted to the HP Herald and Avro 748's?

Takes me back to spotting on the piers at EGCC many moons ago.

Not sure but most likely were....the sounds in the FSX port over are pretty much spot onto the video and really cracking on FSX.

Rich
July 17th, 2012, 00:20
Is that Screenshot of Safe Air, Fs9 or Fsx ??

FSX68
July 17th, 2012, 04:21
Is that Screenshot of Safe Air, Fs9 or Fsx ??

FSX.

FSX68
July 17th, 2012, 04:25
I recently figured out how to open the rear cargo door by using the wing fold key assignment.
I am still trying to figure out how to open the nose cargo door. Shift + E 1/2/3 won't work.

Rich
July 17th, 2012, 06:15
shift+e+2 opens the nose door, the door warning lights also work. How come you do'nt have black prop discs ?

Firekitten
July 17th, 2012, 07:33
He swapped the alphas

Rich
July 17th, 2012, 07:42
How ?? the prop textures amongst other things are missing in the FSX download but present in the Fs9 download, the FSX download is being sorted by Classic British Flight Sim

He swapped the alphas

FSX68
July 17th, 2012, 09:42
How ?? the prop textures amongst other things are missing in the FSX download but present in the Fs9 download, the FSX download is being sorted by Classic British Flight Sim

The props supplied in the FSX version work pretty good although they hide some clouds in certain situation.
THis is where Banana Bob would of been some help.

Either I am pressing the Shift E + 2 to fast or ?? but I don't see that nose door moving. Maybe I am not
giving it enough response time from when I hit the key but I do know that when I hit the Shift E + 2
the passenger door opens and once in awhile a dude will be in the doorway.

All in all I do enjoy the FSX version despite some warts. I can imagine the FS9 version has no issues.
Those engine sounds are awesome. Wish I knew of other brit planes that used those engines.

FSX68
July 17th, 2012, 09:45
He swapped the alphas

Who swapped alphas? The author?

jetstreamsky
July 17th, 2012, 12:50
Farnborough 1959 - Argosy (http://youtu.be/2Om9WhJBiaU)

Ian Warren
July 17th, 2012, 14:11
So regular these wheelbarrows whistled overhead , the amount off times , you would have thought SAFE Air had a fleet of thirty - New Zealand's famous story with Argosy was in the late 1970s was when having a TV crew on board the un-expected happened .... UFO encounter .... guess they were just saying:wavey:<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Firekitten
July 17th, 2012, 14:27
Tbh, I don't know what the fsx version is... the fs9 one is about as 'ported' as the x one, and has the missing textures et al.... Btw, anyone notice huge gaping visible holes in the vc?

Rich
July 17th, 2012, 17:14
This may or may not be of interest re props and other missing textures. Prior to the update yesterday the props were black discs and other textures were missing, cargo nets, gear legs were black = missing texture and cockpit glass was black.

http://www.cbfsim.org/cbfs_lib/index.php?cat=6