PDA

View Full Version : close to buying?

chet twowolves
July 13th, 2012, 10:57
Hi.Im just woundering.How of you folks are likeing pd3.Is it easy to install.Does it work better than fsx.What i mean is faster.Than fsx frame wise.Thanks for your time.Chet twowolves

luckydog
July 13th, 2012, 13:06
Chet....

I've had it for several months now, and I'm LOVIN' it !!!! I did have some problems with junk add-ons at first but I've learned how to avoid them.
Frame rates are excellent except around big cities and then its still acceptable. I haven't had anywhere near the number of problems I used to have with FSX.

I think you'll like it.....

LD

chet twowolves
July 13th, 2012, 15:30
Thanks for the feed back.Again thank you.Chet Two Wolves.:salute:

Lionheart
July 13th, 2012, 16:36
Hey Chet,

Ive really been loving it as well. Its nothing like FSX (for me). Runs really smooth, no studdering, no blipping and hopping, no disappearing clouds, no pink runways. Just flying.....

I cannot run Anti Aliasing on my rig, so its not super pristine picture quality. I can turn on AA, but it slows it down quite a bit.

I do not have maximum settings. Its about mid sliders, except for a few, like special effects scenery, which is maxed out. Gotta have that.

Its really nice to be able to fly with clouds on, traffic on, 50% autogen, cars on the freeways, all the cool scenery, flying in ORBX land, and running smoothly. Some great flying times on this sim.

Dave Torkington
July 13th, 2012, 21:38
Hi.Im just woundering.How of you folks are likeing pd3.Is it easy to install.Does it work better than fsx.What i mean is faster.Than fsx frame wise.Thanks for your time.Chet twowolves

Chet, P3D [as someone said] is running like FSX on steroids for me.

I have an 'old' i7 920, GTX285 based system and P3D runs much much smoother than FSX. Do you get better frame rates than FSX? Not necessarily. As Bill said, it doesn't suffer so much from the stutters, stammers and brief lock ups that plague FSX and older machines like mine.

Naturally, you'll need to do some tweaking to your settings, but in my opinion the shader effects, improved ground textures, compatibly with FSX addons and the fact that P3D's being improved and updated as we speak make this a natural progression from FSX.

You can always get a refund within 60 days if P3D doesn't do the business for you.

http://www.prepar3d.com/support/refundpolicy/

Regards, Dave. :salute:

kjb
July 13th, 2012, 22:09
Hey Chet, it's been a while. You'll recognize this one, shown in P3D.

chet twowolves
July 13th, 2012, 23:31
Hi.My friend its has been a long time.Looks great in PD3.I'm getting Prepar3D.Good to here from good friends.T Or C.Looks good in pd3.Wash Ta Acola.Chet Two Wolves.

chet twowolves
July 13th, 2012, 23:37
My friends. Thanks to you all for your feed back.I've made up my mind.I.m ordering Prepar3D.Again Thank You.Good to have friends.Chet Two Wolves.