PDA

View Full Version : A little windows help please OT

Thoe6969
July 13th, 2012, 06:47
Hey guys would there be any advantage to upgrade from windows 7 home premium 64 to windows 7 professional 64? The reason I ask is my windows updater has stopped working and no internet fixes have worked ,and I've tried them all which leaves me facing a reformat,but I can upgrade to profesional for ninety bucks and keep all my programs and files which seems the way to go and that would take care of the missing services I have.Any advice guys?

mjrhealth
July 13th, 2012, 14:01
No there is no advantages. best to read up on the differences, but it will not make FSX or any programmes run any better.

ryanbatc
July 13th, 2012, 14:09
No difference for the simmer... I wouldn't spend 90 bucks for an upgrade when you can get an OEM full version for $130 for Pro.

PHo17
July 13th, 2012, 22:35
For any "up to date" flight simulator the Pro version has no advantage compared to the Home version. Here is a short list of the differencies: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/compare . On Microsoft pages you can find more exact information to compare. If you for some reason want to run some very old game that won't work with the Home version, then it might be worth to upgrade to the Pro version because it has a special XP mode (downloadable from MS pages for registered users) which might run the program.

Pekka