PDA

View Full Version : New IRIS store goes online with 50% off!

Smudge
September 26th, 2008, 17:56
We have the greatest pride in announcing the new look IRIS Storefront has come online for purchases.

This new storefront increases site security for more secure transactions, provides a great deal more information on each product including internal and external images, promotional videos and downloadable product manuals so you know exactly what you're getting prior to purchase. All of this and more have been created to give you a far more informative and secure purchasing experience than ever before.

To celebrate the launch of the new storefront and the release of the new IRIS product, P-40 Kittyhawk: Aces of the Commonwealth, we have placed the store on sale for a period of 24 hours where everything with the exception of the new P-40 is HALF-PRICE! Now is the chance to try out the new IRIS store and purchase some products for a MASSIVE 50% off!

Panther_99FS
September 26th, 2008, 18:04
Guess I have to get the P-40 now - can't beat 50% off :mixedsmi:

Panther_99FS
September 26th, 2008, 18:06
Is the $19 AUD before or after the 50% discount :ques:

Zoren
September 26th, 2008, 18:10
To celebrate the launch of the new storefront and the release of the new IRIS product, P-40 Kittyhawk: Aces of the Commonwealth, we have placed the store on sale for a period of 24 hours where everything with the exception of the new P-40 is HALF-PRICE! Now is the chance to try out the new IRIS store and purchase some products for a MASSIVE 50% off!

Hey P, I don't believe the P-40 is included in the half-off sale.

Zoren

MCDesigns
September 26th, 2008, 18:11

where everything with the exception of the new P-40 is HALF-PRICE!:d:d:d:d

Panther_99FS
September 26th, 2008, 18:12
Hmmm....
Store still wants to charge me $32.98 AUD...:kilroy:

Panther_99FS
September 26th, 2008, 18:14
Hey P, I don't believe the P-40 is included in the half-off sale.

Zoren

Screenshot on the front page shows $19.99 AUD....:cost1:

fsafranek
September 26th, 2008, 18:15

You shouldn't have mentioned that one specifically. It's the only not on sale. :frown:

Panther_99FS
September 26th, 2008, 18:16
everything with the exception of the new P-40 is HALF-PRICE!

Whoops!
My fault...:redf::redf::redf:

stovall
September 26th, 2008, 18:24
Panther, you need to remove the insurance for download and the price is $19.99. You have to do that during the order process.

Here is one of your favorites, remember? With a little work and the paint kit all my repaints work on the new bird.

Regards, Tom

Smudge
September 26th, 2008, 18:29
Aye, don't know why I can't order the download protection items... hence why I've added in the big red text on the product page asking people to double check their order details prior to purchase..

Either way, even at 19.99 AUD, the P-40 is in my humble opinion a good buy..but I'm biased... I had to do a new soundset, new textures a shedload of work to convert it..and well, bills have to still be paid. have pity on us poor old designers.. :costumes:

MudMarine
September 26th, 2008, 18:36
Great P-40! But the modern flight helmets have to go!!:d

stovall
September 26th, 2008, 19:18
Ed, here is another from the old days. After a little work this is the result using the new paint kit.

One JayHawk coming up.

Smudge
September 26th, 2008, 19:23
Great P-40! But the modern flight helmets have to go!!:d

Easy, press Shift+3 to open the classic window and click to switch from Modern to Classic mode.

:)

Modern was added on request for those wanting to simulate 'restored' warbirds.. :) Not to everyone's taste I'll admit, but it's very simple to change.

simkid22
September 26th, 2008, 19:54
I must admit the modern to classic model change is a nice touch which results in changing the pilot model and some instruments on the panel too!

Panther_99FS
September 26th, 2008, 20:31
You're tempting me Tom!

MudMarine
September 26th, 2008, 21:14
Easy, press Shift+3 to open the classic window and click to switch from Modern to Classic mode.

:)

Modern was added on request for those wanting to simulate 'restored' warbirds.. :) Not to everyone's taste I'll admit, but it's very simple to change.

Thanks Smudge!! I just haven't had time to play around with it much; just got it.:d I'm starting my OZ tour right away!

Bandit
September 26th, 2008, 21:38
any more shots of the VC looks pretty simple compared to the A2A version?

course its half the price so you get what you pay for.

MudMarine
September 26th, 2008, 22:30
It's a nice VC. It's hard to compare anything to A2A! But the Iris P-40 is well worth the money in my opinion! The sounds are great. The framerate is great. It handles nice, looks nice. And it has some really cool paints! What more could a guy ask for........oh, almost forgot....a cup holder in the pit for my beer would be nice!!hehe:costumes: Other than that I like it!!

Epsillon
September 26th, 2008, 23:26
Don't forget to look in -your FSX folder-\IRIS Premium Series\P-40E Kittyhawk\Bonus Schemes

Regards,

Stephan

Epsillon
September 26th, 2008, 23:28
Here is one of your favorites, remember? With a little work and the paint kit all my repaints work on the new bird.

Regards, Tom

You're right, Tom...
I've already reinstalled all your repaints and the MADKOT was the first...;)

Best regards,

Stephan

Txmmy83
September 27th, 2008, 00:47
purchased the the Fs9 version of P40 and Tomcat
maybe I purchase the P40 for FSX
at a later date

BR
Tom

SpaceWeevil
September 27th, 2008, 01:41
Don't forget to look in -your FSX folder-\IRIS Premium Series\P-40E Kittyhawk\Bonus Schemes

Regards,

Stephan

Ha, missed that completely! Thanks for the H/U, I was too busy having fun in the desert sky. This was just about the quickest & easiest FS purchase I've ever made online, very slick.

dswo
September 27th, 2008, 03:20
I'm looking at the PC-9 and the Texan II. No reviews of the former (that I know of). Which should I get?

jmig
September 27th, 2008, 03:58
I'm looking at the PC-9 and the Texan II. No reviews of the former (that I know of). Which should I get?

Do you want a military airplane or a civilian bird? The T-6 contains USAF & USN pilot training versions. It also contains USCC and Navy Attack versions with HUD. The PC-9, although used by several nations as a military trainer, is to me, more of a civilian airplane.

However, it does not contain a VC GPS. The T-6 has two versions of GPS. A limited OEM version and the Garmin 500 version. The two airplanes have different guages to match the OEM counterparts. Both panels are very well done and completely functional.

The PC-9's engine will blow up if you run it to hard and the windshield and canopy will fog up at altitude without cabin heat on. The T-6 won't.

My personal airplane, Lady Midnight is based on the T-6 with a repaint and modified gauges. I used the Eaglesoft Gauge pack for the ADI, HSI and GPS. I also included the HUD. I fly this airplane more than any other.

I have both the PC-9 and T-6. I rarely fly the PC-9. It has a greater frame hit than the T-6 on my computer. However, both are excellent airplanes.

harleyman
September 27th, 2008, 04:11
HELP....I need a link......Please....LOL

Google has let me down..I don't want to purchase flowers...:banghead:

IanP
September 27th, 2008, 04:53
http://www.irissimulations.com/

Ian P.

WarHorse47
September 27th, 2008, 05:48
I just ordered the Texan II - I think. At least it took my credit card money, but contrary to the sale page there was no link for downloading.

I did receive a confirmation e-mail, but it stated that a download link was pending administrator approval? I thought that the new payment system enabled an immediate product download? How long have the rest of you waited before you could download their products?

--WH

doublecool
September 27th, 2008, 06:16
The Texan included both fs9 and FX original down load

Does the PC9 now include both fs9 and FX? answered my own question No it does not

stovall
September 27th, 2008, 06:17
Okay Ed, this should do it. One more P-40 converted. I see that Stephan is in the ball park, with him on board some really cool paints should be showing up.

Take the plunge, Tom

Smudge
September 27th, 2008, 06:21
Warhorse

It should have gone through straight away..can you PM me or send an e-mail to david@irissimulations.com with your name and order details and I'll see what's happened. Alternately, I have a Live support via Skype button on the storefront too if you have Skype and need to run something by me whilst I'm still awake.

We've had a fair few orders in today, and mostly they've all been fine. A few customers have cancelled their orders mid processing which leaves an abandoned order on our system, however the vast majority are paying by credit card and getting an immediate download.

DB.

Panther_99FS
September 27th, 2008, 06:23
:d:d:d Tom....

Problem is,
There's a certain "Gamma" that I'm holding out for....:kilroy::kilroy::kilroy:

stovall
September 27th, 2008, 06:28
:kilroy::kilroy::kilroy: Yea, I know the feeling, my eyes are on the Aerosoft website for several tasty tidbits. First and foremost is their F-16 due any time.
Several others are the Catalina and the Bushhawk. All good stuff.

The P-40 is less than $20 bucks US. Go ahead and jump in there.

Panther_99FS
September 27th, 2008, 06:35
Tom,
Normally I probably would....:costumes:

But after a few hundred bucks on a new dryer, and a grand on dental bills, my wallet is at the "meltdown" stage....:cost1:

Smudge
September 27th, 2008, 06:47
Well I've solved WH's problem.. don't know what happened but for some reason his order went a bit haywire (technical term I know!) between his shopping cart and the merchant provider. All is fixed now though.. :)

WarHorse47
September 27th, 2008, 07:20
Well I've solved WH's problem.. don't know what happened but for some reason his order went a bit haywire (technical term I know!) between his shopping cart and the merchant provider. All is fixed now though.. :)Yes, you did. :jump: Thank you. Found the link, made the download, installed and went for a quick hop. Beautiful work. Well done. Thank you, David... err, Smudge...for your response, the sale and the product. :ernae:

--WH

Txmmy83
September 27th, 2008, 13:17
Thanks Smudge,
for the 50% off sale
used this chance to get the Pre FSX P40 V1.5 and the lovely F14A Tomcat
in case of the P40 I would say their would be fictional aerobatic liveries in development by me (at the moment I am thinking of suitable designs!)

BR
Tom

proud owner of these Iris Products (probably the best planes in my Hangar)
PC9,T6,F35,FGR2,Mig29 Fulcrum,EAP,F20,P40(FS2004),F14A Tomcat

jankees
September 27th, 2008, 22:51
I like it!

Panther_99FS
September 28th, 2008, 12:31
I had to do a new soundset,

This new sound set is MUCH BETTER than the FS2004 version of this aircraft...:mixedsmi:

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e390/Panther99FS/2008-9-28_14-57-0-15.jpg

WarHorse47
September 28th, 2008, 17:10
NNooooooo........... :banghead::banghead::banghead:

I didin't read the fine print. The sale only lasted 24 hours.

I spent the last six hours doing backups on my HD so I could go back and get the Pilatus PC-9. It's now 6:06 pm Pacific Time, and the prices are all back to normal.

Dang. :kilroy:

--WH