PDA

View Full Version : Smoking engines on Stratocruiser

Sid2008
July 10th, 2012, 05:20
Hi, Just a simple question about the A2A Boeing 377 for FSX. After takeoff, i lower throttles and prop RPM so that all needles are in the "green". Soon thereafter the engines start to smoke as if we are having a barbecue. I fiddle with the cowl flaps and intercooler flaps but to no avail. Pressing F2 tells me all 4 engines are very happy. So, how do I get my engines to quit smoking?
Thanks,
Sid

Ferry_vO
July 10th, 2012, 05:31
Turn off 'auto mixture' in the FSX realism settings.

:)

Sid2008
July 10th, 2012, 06:16
Thank you, I will try that tonight.
Sid

Firekitten
July 10th, 2012, 09:39
Patches?

Gum?

Hypnotherapy?

No?

I'll get my coat...

bushpilot
July 10th, 2012, 09:47
Haha, the latest trend seems to be the electronic cigarette. Although I would recommend going cold turkey.

Firekitten
July 10th, 2012, 09:50
I have one... its actually rather good. USB charger for the battery... refillable... neat, and works... There's something about fire though... *grin*

Though to be honest, after a guy in the UK got pounced on by all the kings horses et al, when johnny simpleton reported him as having a bomb on an intercity bus... I'll be keeping mine at home...

Though its a pity for the antismoking campaign that they didn't slot him... they'd have had a real case with 'smoking kills' then.

PRB
July 10th, 2012, 10:12
Turn off 'auto mixture' in the FSX realism settings.

:)

Thanks Ferry, have to try that too. Up to now, the fun with the A2A Strat has been to see how far away from the airport I can get, and still have time to turn around and make it back before all the engines quit. And this is without "Accu-auto-engines-explode" installed. :icon_lol: