PDA

View Full Version : FSX S2F3 Stoof update

euroastar350
July 8th, 2012, 07:18
Exterior right about done, need to convert 1 material which I can't find reference to in the UVW folders that I have, will have to get with Uncle Milton on that one. Will double check all animations to make sure I tagged all of them to work in FSX....and then....work on the VC will start, and it will be a piece of cake to do:wiggle:

Firekitten
July 8th, 2012, 08:21
awesome work :)

Milton Shupe
July 8th, 2012, 08:43
That is looking great! Just shoot me a PM and I'll get right on it. Will be uploading the S2F-1 shortly as well so I will be here.

Quicksand
July 8th, 2012, 08:54
Looks very nice, Eurostar. Thanks for your hard work... It will be nice to have this aircraft for FSX.. :salute::applause::medals::icon29:

Warrant
July 8th, 2012, 09:20
Awesome, simply art!

Will this be available as a whole package in the future?

euroastar350
July 9th, 2012, 07:21
Thanks gents and yes it will be a whole package. VC was a very piece a cake to do since it is a clone of the exterior minus the pilots, so I did not have to redo any materials. I am going to start gathering testers as suggested by Uncle Milton and he will have the final release authority. Soon:ernae:

Daube
July 9th, 2012, 07:52
Fantastic job !! Thank you so much for this conversion :applause:

By the way, since you're working in the VC, have you checked the origin of the clickability problem ? Some buttons cannot be clicked when the camera is in the default location. You have to move the camera forward and up if you want to click the overhead panel buttons for example. It's like an invisible 3D object blocks the access to the button until you pass through it. Did you notice anything while you were converting the VC ?

Milton Shupe
July 9th, 2012, 07:58
Fantastic job !! Thank you so much for this conversion :applause:

By the way, since you're working in the VC, have you checked the origin of the clickability problem ? Some buttons cannot be clicked when the camera is in the default location. You have to move the camera forward and up if you want to click the overhead panel buttons for example. It's like an invisible 3D object blocks the access to the button until you pass through it. Did you notice anything while you were converting the VC ?

I think this issue was discovered and resolved a few years ago by Fr. Bill Leaming. I forget exactly what the cause was but think the resolution was to reset the scales for the animated parts.

Maybe Bill will pop in with the answer soon.

Daveroo
July 9th, 2012, 08:39
i was speaking to a man at the museum at McClellan airpark last friday,he was a "transplant" from florida,and had flown "stoofs" off carriers in the Navy,i told him about this project for FS9/FSX and he was intrested,but for the life of me i cant remember his name,at the time i was going to take a picture of him and his name tag ( he was a docient) and he said he spent all most his entire flying carear in the S2,he flew other planes,but put many many hours in it,and he had something to do with the big museum down there that has all the grumman planes,he said they had one of every grumman built plane in that collection...forget where he said it was other than florida,my short term memory sucks

fliger747
July 9th, 2012, 10:02
We had contact with a Navy S2 pilot during the original FD development, which was quite helpful.

Cheers. T

euroastar350
July 10th, 2012, 01:30
The first beta copy has been sent out to the beta testers as chosen by Uncle Milton. We will keep you updated when a final release is near:ernae:

Milton Shupe
July 10th, 2012, 06:27
euroastar,

First, thank you so much for taking on these projects. The S2F-3 is looking awesome :-)

1. I have added a documentation folder and updated the docs to reflect the your native conversion and the related changes.

2. The Flight Model will need to be updated to reflect the latest FSX version and I will do that here with Fliger's help.

3. I have attached screenshots to better explain the minor issues I have found so far.

Let me know if you have questions.

euroastar350
July 10th, 2012, 07:11
Hi Uncle Milton,

Thanks for the first feedback.

1.) For the flaps, what is the degrees in which the flaps are extended?

2.) Prop disk fixed

3.) Searchlight switch was animated, it wasn't tagged or assigned an FSX animation. Then again, I didn't spot it until you showed it in the screenshot:icon_lol:

4.) Specular shine on the engine is easily fixed, just have to adjust the material in gmax

5.) Other smaller issues easily fixed.

I will try to have these fixes done and revised files sent out by later today or maybe this evening:ernae:

Milton Shupe
July 10th, 2012, 07:17
Hi Uncle Milton,

Thanks for the first feedback.

1.) For the flaps, what is the degrees in which the flaps are extended?

2.) Prop disk fixed

3.) Searchlight switch was animated, it wasn't tagged or assigned an FSX animation. Then again, I didn't spot it until you showed it in the screenshot:icon_lol:

4.) Specular shine on the engine is easily fixed, just have to adjust the material in gmax

5.) Other smaller issues easily fixed.

I will try to have these fixes done and revised files sent out by later today or maybe this evening:ernae:

The flap positions are 0, 15, 30, and 45.

bruce448
July 10th, 2012, 07:41
Euroastar, I have noticed the lack of trim tabs all round,

Milton Shupe
July 10th, 2012, 08:15
Ditto on the trimtabs. Thanks

Also, would you move the pilot and co-pilot upwards about 4-5" in the exterior model. They seem a bit low. I did this in later models but not this one.

Also, please consider putting a bottom floor in the bombay. Wasn't necessary when the doors did not open. Nothing fancy, just block the see-through.

euroastar350
July 10th, 2012, 08:28
Trimtabs: Do they move up to down or reverse? Will fix the seats. Do any of the other models have the floor I can drop in the stoof?

Tako_Kichi
July 10th, 2012, 08:55
Trimtabs: Do they move up to down or reverse?
Trim tabs are animated in the opposite direction to the control surface, i.e. if the elevator is in the down position at frame zero the trim tab will be in the up position and vice versa.

I have attached a screenshot of the model I am currently developing in FSX with the animation slider set to frame zero.

Milton Shupe
July 10th, 2012, 09:29
Trimtabs: Do they move up to down or reverse? Will fix the seats. Do any of the other models have the floor I can drop in the stoof?

The easiest way might be to:

In the exterior model, clone the part vcfloor.
Collapse the stack of the clone.
Convert to emesh and flip the polys.
Link to the vcfloor part.

n4gix
July 10th, 2012, 11:45
I think this issue was discovered and resolved a few years ago by Fr. Bill Leaming. I forget exactly what the cause was but think the resolution was to reset the scales for the animated parts.

Maybe Bill will pop in with the answer soon.
The two possibilities that spring to mind are:

The eyepoint is "inside" the seat and/or headrest. Shifting forward slightly moves the eyepoint "outside" the seat/headrest.
There is a non-uniform scale applied to one of more of the "clickable objects." Open the Dope Sheet and check the Scale entries for any "unclickable objects." Correct scaling will read: X=100.0 Y=100.0 Z=100.0

n4gix
July 10th, 2012, 11:55
With regards to trimtabs, as stated above they always move opposite the commanded position. Remember, as the air flows across the trimtabs, forces will move the controlled surface in the opposite direction!

In fact, if you want to be more "realistic," you'll apply the trim setting to the control surface as well while at speed...

At cruise speed for example, a small amount nose up trim will result in a small amount of down trimtab, which then in turn will force the elevator up by a similar amount...

...in effect, the trimtab will then be horizontal to the aerodynamic waterline of the aircraft!

Using a speed based scalar will allow for a smooth transition from slow speed to cruise speed, 'cause you don't want the control surface(s) suddenly snapping into position... :wavey:

fliger747
July 11th, 2012, 09:27
As some things got lost in the FDE translation for the new plane, some mods are on the way. Indeed the viewpoint was a bit too far back as it was originally set before the headrests were installed.

Cheers. Tom

euroastar350
July 11th, 2012, 23:39
Ok, next beta with updated files will be up later after I get off of work. I will contact the testers so they can get the latest.

Milton Shupe
July 12th, 2012, 15:47
euroastar,

You might include the attached in the package; updated docs, effects, and flight model.

Thanks

bruce448
July 13th, 2012, 00:41
Tom, you might want to look at the dimensions of the -3 (S2-D) according to the airfile/cfg

1. Aircraft length is 55.84ft where in reality it was 43.5ft (1.5ft added just aft of the cockpit area compared to the -1/-2's 42.0ft, unless you are counting the MAD boom),

2. Wingspan was also lengthened to house the ESM sensors in the tips, span goes from 69.80ft to 72.80ft.

3. Wing surface area from 493.00 to 499.00 sq ft,

finally I had added this to the bottom of the [propeller] section to give the correct location of the prop hubs

minimum_on_ground_beta=1 minimum_reverse_beta=-14
rotation = 1, 1
propeller.0= 2.0, 0, 0
to
propeller.1=2.0, 0, 0

I apologise if I am stepping on your toes.

http://www.aero-web.org/specs/grumman/s2f-3.htm
http://www.history.navy.mil/museums/paxmuseum/s2/S2specs.htm

Bruce

euroastar350
July 13th, 2012, 05:26
Beta 2 released to the testers, expect feedback soon:ernae:

Milton Shupe
July 13th, 2012, 05:58
Tom, you might want to look at the dimensions of the -3 (S2-D) according to the airfile/cfg

1. Aircraft length is 55.84ft where in reality it was 43.5ft (1.5ft added just aft of the cockpit area compared to the -1/-2's 42.0ft, unless you are counting the MAD boom),

2. Wingspan was also lengthened to house the ESM sensors in the tips, span goes from 69.80ft to 72.80ft.

3. Wing surface area from 493.00 to 499.00 sq ft,

finally I had added this to the bottom of the [propeller] section to give the correct location of the prop hubs

minimum_on_ground_beta=1 minimum_reverse_beta=-14
rotation = 1, 1
propeller.0= 2.0, 0, 0
to
propeller.1=2.0, 0, 0

I apologise if I am stepping on your toes.

http://www.aero-web.org/specs/grumman/s2f-3.htm
http://www.history.navy.mil/museums/paxmuseum/s2/S2specs.htm

Bruce

Bruce,

Thanks for the heads-up on the dimensions.

The propeller statements should actually be the thrust locations which are as follows:

propeller.0= 7.798, -9.0, .026
propeller.1= 7.798, 9.0, .026

We appreciate your interest in helping us to the finish line. :applause:

bruce448
July 13th, 2012, 06:36
We appreciate your interest in helping us to the finish line. :applause:

What made me look in the first place was the model had a tendency to climb, no matter what the trim input.

Bruce

fliger747
July 13th, 2012, 10:42
I did note in the first beta presented that the CG was way off, something in the translation to the new model, the CG was at the leading edge, rather than near the 25% MAC, which probably accounts for some wierd pitch tendency. I had not provided and tested a specific new FDE for the new model, so I expect some translation of coordinates was responsible. Because of the great number of variants, the original betas for each often rely on a previous version and then have to be modified to fit. Takes a while, so Beta comments on stuff we have missed is great.

Just sent Milton a new set of files this morning, which should fix a few more minor issues.

Cheers: Tom

fliger747
July 13th, 2012, 10:58
Try this: Also flap lift reduced slightly to allow a slightly more nose up landing attitude.

T

fliger747
July 13th, 2012, 11:15
As was brought up earlier with regards to the trim tabs and elevator; the tab moves in the opposite direction to the control surface. The issue arises because FSX adds a pitch or yaw moment in reaction to the tab application, and the animation generally moves the tab. For an aircraft at rest this looks OK, however in flight the tab should displace the flight control, ie. down elev tab should result in up elevator. Not even some recent high end payware aircraft have figured this out currently. For aircraft with hydraulic controls it might work to animate the elevator deflection to have an additive to the manual position input. At autopilot cruise the plane in animation is really flying off the tabs and not the elevator position.

Bit of an issue, due to the way FS treats elevators.

T

Roger
July 13th, 2012, 12:22
I'm really enjoying this:applause:
Just a comment on the props where the vertices of the prop model can be seen, I believe that if the texture is a little smaller than the prop diameter you will lose the polygonal appearance at the circumference.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/G7-F2-1.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/G7-S2-2.jpg

euroastar350
July 13th, 2012, 18:05
Updated propeller texture which I forgot to include

heywooood
July 13th, 2012, 18:17
so how is it around the carrier?

fliger747
July 13th, 2012, 18:57
Pretty stable deck approach at about 85 knots. Mostly tested aboard Nimitz, but some aboard straight deck Valley Forge.

T

heywooood
July 13th, 2012, 19:53
I'm going to plug the numbers into VLSO and try it out when its ready - it sure looks good to a Grumman fan

fliger747
July 13th, 2012, 21:08
Euro:

Noticing with the right light angle a reflection off of the engine, looking as if has a glass window across the cowl opening, remains with the engine shutdown.

euroastar350
July 13th, 2012, 21:26
Will check it out first thing in the morning. One thing I can't get to work is the mouse react for the recog/searchlight, its animated in sim but no mouse reactions to it..will check that out as well. Keep up the great work gents.

fliger747
July 13th, 2012, 21:38
Anyone else not getting any movement with the inner flaps?

T

euroastar350
July 13th, 2012, 21:54
The updated MDLs for the exterior and VC has the animated inner flaps. If not, I uploaded the updated MDLs. If still not working, I will check into it.

fliger747
July 13th, 2012, 22:23
Thanks! Always possible to be an edition behind.

With regards to the issue of a plane climbing uncontrollably without response to trim. This CAN occur if starting out on a runway with Autopilot alt hold engaged (guess how I know this???). The autopilot runs the trim full up to gain the set altitude and does not reapond to manual trimming....

Cheers: T

An-225
July 14th, 2012, 05:26
Looks great so far, about time we got an FSX native Stoof. My only question is, will the console underneath the GPS be textured? That Garmin looks a bit out of place on the S-2, and I'd prefer to comment that gauge out on my plane.

Milton Shupe
July 14th, 2012, 06:36
Looks great so far, about time we got an FSX native Stoof. My only question is, will the console underneath the GPS be textured? That Garmin looks a bit out of place on the S-2, and I'd prefer to comment that gauge out on my plane.

No problem. In the panel.cfg, vcockpit04 section, you can add/delete anything you want, as you can on any panel in the cockpit on this aircraft. The texture is console.bmp. Add "//" as shown in the below example to remove the gps.

[Vcockpit04]
file=console.bmp
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=1024,1024
visible=1
pixel_size=1024
texture=$console
gauge00=ST_Tracker!AP Panel, 539,21,235,208
gauge01=ST_Tracker!AP Power Panel, 539,229,235,79
gauge02=ST_Tracker!Radio NAV2 an-arn14, 774,110,235,89
gauge03=ST_Tracker!Radio UHF2 panel, 774,334,235,190
gauge04=ST_Tracker!Trim Panel, 539,396,235,217
gauge05=ST_Tracker!Panel Console Lights, 774,21,235,89
gauge06=ST_Tracker!Panel Stall Test, 774,524,235,89
gauge07=ST_Tracker!Panel AP Add, 539,308,235,89
gauge08=ST_Tracker!SW Panel Blank2, 774,197,235,137
gauge09=//fs9gps!gps_500, 14,18,481,397
gauge10=ST_Tracker!magcompass, 148,890,103,97

FSX68
July 14th, 2012, 06:53
Is it possible that the upper (overhead) console could be made to appear clearer. The labels and switches are fuzzy/blurry when compared to the mail console.

Also some other fixes/additions requested: View out from small window (circled in yellow) and functional controls (circled in yellow)

Milton Shupe
July 14th, 2012, 07:13
euroastar,

Thanks again for all your efforts. :-)

The elevator trim works fine.

The flaps work just fine.

Yes, the searchlight switch does not respond.

The only thing I see is that the seat adjusters on each side of the seat cushions need to be lowered.

falcon409
July 14th, 2012, 07:16
Is it possible that the upper (overhead) console could be made to appear clearer. The labels and switches are fuzzy/blurry when compared to the mail console.

This was one of my suggestions with the first round of checks last week. I could not find the correct texture for the overhead. Yes, there is an overhead texture, however it does not contain any of the labels, switches, graphics shown in the sim. I was going to redo it myself but no luck. It needs to be done in at least 2048x2048. Most of the ones I've redone on other ports are even larger at 4096x4096 and are super crisp in-sim.:salute:

euroastar350
July 14th, 2012, 07:33
The overhead texture is in the main texture folder. I can provide a UVW template if anyone wishes to do one at high resolution. As for the other issues, I will continue to work on them later today.

FSX68
July 14th, 2012, 07:44
The overhead texture is in the main texture folder. I can provide a UVW template if anyone wishes to do one at high resolution. As for the other issues, I will continue to work on them later today.

That would be a Ducky thing to do if possible. Would match the clarity of the main cockpit console/instrumets/switches et al.

:applause:

Milton Shupe
July 14th, 2012, 07:55

The texture in the texture folder is for the exterior model, not the VC.

For the VC, the wing panels and overhead setup is as follows:

Texture = overhead.bmp for the VC is in the Panel Folder.
The left wing panel is on the bottom right of that texture.
The gauges have the textures on them and are in the ST_Tracker.cab folder.

The gauge for the left wing panel is SW Panel Eng Controls.
If you open that XML gauge in the cab file, you will see the first texture is Sw panel Eng Controls.bmp

Open that bmp to see the texture and text for the left wing panel.
That texture is sizeable for a gauge.

So, if you can sort that out to improve resolution, please do.

I am attaching a 2048 template for the overhead.

falcon409
July 14th, 2012, 08:01
May or may not help.

The wing panels and overhead setup is as follows:

Texture = overhead.bmp for the VC is in the Panel Folder.
The left wing panel is on the bottom right of that texture.
The gauges have the textures on them and are in the ST_Tracker.cab folder.

The gauge for the left wing panel is SW Panel Eng Controls.
If you open that XML gauge in the cab file, you will see the first texture is Sw panel Eng Controls.bmp

Open that bmp to see the texture and text for the left wing panel.
That texture is sizeable for a gauge.

So, if you can sort that out to improve resolution, please do.
lol, actually. . .now that I think about it, lol, the overhead is just fine as is.:salute:

Milton Shupe
July 14th, 2012, 08:05
lol, actually. . .now that I think about it, lol, the overhead is just fine as is.:salute:

Ed,

I was updating my post as you typed yours. Take a look again please.

FSX68
July 14th, 2012, 09:38
I swapped out the overhead panel (fix) and now you can see the result. I don't think all the blue is supposed to be there right?

Milton Shupe
July 14th, 2012, 10:34
The 2048 texture template is blue. You will need to texture it the same as the original.

falcon409
July 14th, 2012, 11:06
The 2048 texture template is blue. You will need to texture it the same as the original.
You'll have to pardon my "senior" brain lapse here Milton, but I've never worked with a wireframe from scratch before. I assume that what we would need to do is locate all the original textures for each area of the overhead, re-size them to fit the wireframe and then redo all the labels, art, etc to the new resolution?

Addendum:Ok, I see another problem, aside from locating the correct panels for each section of the overhead, there is the artwork used for the original texture. Once you enlarge the textures (let's just say 4096x4096 for the very best clarity). The art would need to be enlarged as well (talking about handles, switch mountings. . .hardware in general) so that would either have to be redrawn or supplied to whoever takes this on, so that there's continuity. So it's not just simply replacing the labels, that's the simple part. . .the rest would be very involved.

Milton Shupe
July 14th, 2012, 11:46
You'll have to pardon my "senior" brain lapse here Milton, but I've never worked with a wireframe from scratch before. I assume that what we would need to do is locate all the original textures for each area of the overhead, re-size them to fit the wireframe and then redo all the labels, art, etc to the new resolution?

Addendum:Ok, I see another problem, aside from locating the correct panels for each section of the overhead, there is the artwork used for the original texture. Once you enlarge the textures (let's just say 4096x4096 for the very best clarity). The art would need to be enlarged as well (talking about handles, switch mountings. . .hardware in general) so that would either have to be redrawn or supplied to whoever takes this on, so that there's continuity. So it's not just simply replacing the labels, that's the simple part. . .the rest would be very involved.

Yes, no one said it was easy. :-) Kind of gives you a feel for what the modeler and gauge maker goes through.

falcon409
July 14th, 2012, 13:52
Yes, no one said it was easy. :-) Kind of gives you a feel for what the modeler and gauge maker goes through.
lol, yep. . .I stand by my previous assessment of the current Overhead panel. I think it looks just fine the way it is, lol.:salute:

euroastar350
July 16th, 2012, 04:26
All the overhead levers were functional in the last MDL release, just the white knobs aren't clickable, but the handles themselves are.

The searchlight switch is now functional and clickable in the VC, just had to reset the scale on the part.

If anyone wants a lighter glass, I can provide an alternate texture with a lighter alpha channel applied

I will readjust the seats, I don't know how I missed that post:icon_lol:

Will double check the material settings for the engine faces, I thought I had fixed it or unless I did it to the exterior model only.

Milton Shupe
July 16th, 2012, 04:43
Thank you Sir! If that is all that is left, you might just post the .mdl file update for final testing before you release it to the masses ... for the real test :-)

FSX68
July 16th, 2012, 13:17
lol, yep. . .I stand by my previous assessment of the current Overhead panel. I think it looks just fine the way it is, lol.:salute:

Yup....me 2, I put my old panel file back. Maybe someone who know what they are doing will improve on it. It's all Greek to me.

I know just enough to be dangerous. I enjoyed playing Flight Sim 5 on a 5 1/4" floppy disk was the good old days (played it on my Tandy 1000 TX)

http://pcmuseum.tripod.com/trs1000.htm

euroastar350
July 23rd, 2012, 18:06
Ok, last round on the S2F3 and here some things:

1.) Seat adjusters. How far do I have to lower them Uncle Milton?

2.) Bloom/specular effects on engine. Tried everything to remove them, but it still shows up. If I can find another solution later down the road, then I will update the MDLs as a future update.

3.) Tried retiming the door animation sequences, but it still does the same thing when opening them. I could reassign all door tags I am using, what do you think guys?

Other then that, I think she is ready for one more round of testing and then release to the masses:icon29:

As a side note, the E1B Tracer will be the next model for conversion, but that one will take a while because of my involvement with Milviz and their Bell 407 which I am coding, on top of my other free projects including our own freeware Bell 222, Mario Noriega's Nardi FN333 which I have FSX native and his Piaggio P149 which will get the same treatment later in the future as well:applause:

Oh so many projects with so little time:icon_lol:

Milton Shupe
July 23rd, 2012, 18:20
Ok, last round on the S2F3 and here some things:

1.) Seat adjusters. How far do I have to lower them Uncle Milton?

2.) Bloom/specular effects on engine. Tried everything to remove them, but it still shows up. If I can find another solution later down the road, then I will update the MDLs as a future update.

3.) Tried retiming the door animation sequences, but it still does the same thing when opening them. I could reassign all door tags I am using, what do you think guys?

Other then that, I think she is ready for one more round of testing and then release to the masses:icon29:

As a side note, the E1B Tracer will be the next model for conversion, but that one will take a while because of my involvement with Milviz and their Bell 407 which I am coding, on top of my other free projects including our own freeware Bell 222, Mario Noriega's Nardi FN333 which I have FSX native and his Piaggio P149 which will get the same treatment later in the future as well:applause:

Oh so many projects with so little time:icon_lol:

Sounds great!

1) Actually they are seat belt holds so just align them under the seat belts on the sides.

2) The engine texture is on a sheet with other items. Try Copying the material, then remove the "specular" effect (is that bloom in FSX?).

3) Trivial ... go for it. :-)

Daube
July 24th, 2012, 01:03
Oooooh you're going to convert the P-149 ? That sounds so good to me, because this particular model has always been a FPS nightmare on all of my computers, even the most powerfull one. At that time, I tried to remove all the gauges and evertyhing else, and the FPS hit would never be solved...

Anyways, back to the S2F3, concerning your problems with the shine etc... could it be a "buffer" problem, where FSX doesn't really reload the new textures but keeps using the old ones from memory ? It happened to me a couple of times...

Milton Shupe
July 24th, 2012, 05:32
This beta looks great!

I have checked everything I know to check and see only one issue.

The nose wheels seem to be duplicated, or both sets animate partly when turning.

Sit on runway and move the aircraft forward slowly. You see half the wheel turn, then the other half. Appears to be two sets of wheels and tires and and only half can be seen to rotate at a time.

Other than that, everything looks great :-) :applause:

bruce448
July 24th, 2012, 10:50
1) I'm still going on about the rudder trim,

S2F (S-2) was as short-coupled as carrier airplanes get, so in order to size the rudder both for the single engine takeoff and wave-off condition and—relatively speaking—high-speed flight, it had a two-piece rudder. Up and away, the forward portion of the rudder was just used for directional trim and only the aft portion of the rudder moved with the rudder pedals. For takeoffs and landings, the forward and aft portions of the rudder could be selected to move as a unit, doubling the width of the rudder and reducing the S2F's minimum control speed to one suitable for carrier launches and wave-offs. Also have a look here for a good explanation of the operation
http://aviationtrivia.blogspot.co.uk/2010/03/need-to-fit-aboard-smaller-elevators-on.html

2) the inner face of the slat seems to be missing

3) there is a gap in the seat frame

Bruce

euroastar350
July 24th, 2012, 13:12
Ok, we are working the issues bought up. Since I animated the inner rudder as a rudder and since that's how it was named when I got the source from Milton, would it be ok to leave as a rudder or add an animated box as a trimtab and link the rudder to that?

Roger
July 24th, 2012, 13:20
Doing a great job here euroastar350:applause:

Milton Shupe
July 24th, 2012, 13:38
Ok, we are working the issues bought up. Since I animated the inner rudder as a rudder and since that's how it was named when I got the source from Milton, would it be ok to leave as a rudder or add an animated box as a trimtab and link the rudder to that?

I had them animated incorrectly because frankly in all my research and reading, I have never seen this explanation or ever heard of this.

You could simply name the forward rudder as the trimtab, the rearmost rudder is already named rudder, and Bruce does not mention the trimtab on the rearmost rudder which is clearly shown in most pictures.

You second idea may be the easiest but not sure how that might work.

euroastar350
July 24th, 2012, 13:47
Ah ok, so what I will do is link the inner rudder to the already animated trimtab to avoid reanimating and retagging of parts. The seat gaps are being worked on as we speak, I will check the wheels to make sure everything is well and tagged properly. It should be 1 set for the still wheel and 1 set for the blurred wheel, again will double check. Will check to see if the inner face for the slats is there, I can easily create one if not present.

bruce448
July 24th, 2012, 14:41
I had them animated incorrectly because frankly in all my research and reading, I have never seen this explanation or ever heard of this.

You could simply name the forward rudder as the trimtab, the rearmost rudder is already named rudder, and Bruce does not mention the trimtab on the rearmost rudder which is clearly shown in most pictures.

You second idea may be the easiest but not sure how that might work.

Beg to differ http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?68871-FSX-S2F3-Stoof-update&p=729844&viewfull=1#post729844

What you might find are to ones on the rear of the "rudder" section are trim tabs that are set/positioned by the maintainers during control surface rigging (only a guess).

Bruce

(its been a long day/week and its only Tuesday)

Milton Shupe
July 24th, 2012, 17:32
Beg to differ http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?68871-FSX-S2F3-Stoof-update&p=729844&viewfull=1#post729844

What you might find are to ones on the rear of the "rudder" section are trim tabs that are set/positioned by the maintainers during control surface rigging (only a guess).

Bruce

(its been a long day/week and its only Tuesday)

My point was that you did not mention how that rear trimtab was deployed in your other explanation. If the forward component is the trim component, then that left the question of the trimtab on the rear component as to its role and operation. In the link you offer, you were pointing to trimtabs, not to the rudder operation.

You sound like you have experience with these aircraft, I do not, never saw one, and I am not an expert on these things. I just model from data I can pull together. I do lots of research, do a lot of reading, acquire Pilot Manuals, and do extensive testing. I have not seen the explanation you offered. I have no problem with that; it was just new data for me. This aircraft was modeled last year and euroastar is converting it to FSX native using what I incorrectly modeled. No one to my recollection pointed this out in the original beta phases or in the months since it and the other 6 like aircraft were released. Good info to have ... and maybe euroastar can get it working as you describe.

euroastar350
July 24th, 2012, 18:38
Already done, just got to compile and test it out in sim:jump:

bruce448
July 25th, 2012, 00:14
My point was that you did not mention how that rear trimtab was deployed in your other explanation. If the forward component is the trim component, then that left the question of the trimtab on the rear component as to its role and operation. In the link you offer, you were pointing to trimtabs, not to the rudder operation.

You sound like you have experience with these aircraft, I do not, never saw one, and I am not an expert on these things. I just model from data I can pull together. I do lots of research, do a lot of reading, acquire Pilot Manuals, and do extensive testing. I have not seen the explanation you offered. I have no problem with that; it was just new data for me. This aircraft was modeled last year and euroastar is converting it to FSX native using what I incorrectly modeled. No one to my recollection pointed this out in the original beta phases or in the months since it and the other 6 like aircraft were released. Good info to have ... and maybe euroastar can get it working as you describe.

Sorry If I offended, as stated Its been a long week, missus in hospital (again) and 2 young kids off school for 6 weeks summer holidays and still only on the first.

I do not have first hand experience with these aircraft being a maintainer in the RN, but in the past we cross polled between the carriers in the good old days and had a good old nosey at each others aircraft.

Bruce

delta_lima
July 25th, 2012, 06:28
Dumb question ... (just got back from holiday ... maybe a bit too much sun on the brain)

Is the F3 the first FSX native model of the family? As in, the Trader that I installed a few months back - that was a port-over, correct?

Thanks,

Milton Shupe
July 25th, 2012, 06:56
The S2F-3 is the first in the series to be converted to native FSX.

The E-1B is next on the list per euroastar's earlier post.

delta_lima
July 25th, 2012, 09:06
The S2F-3 is the first in the series to be converted to native FSX.

The E-1B is next on the list per euroastar's earlier post.

Great - thanks!

I thoroughly enjoyed the the ported versions - though on my wimpy system, they were a bit tough on fps. Not a complaint - I expect that in certain portover situations. The quality of the modelling, and attention to details was fantastic, so a native set will be just delightful.

Thanks for all the hard work.

DL

lazarus
July 25th, 2012, 09:10
The rudder trim on S-2's is set by a jack screw in the SERA actuator, it trims the whole rudder assembly a few deg . You really don't even notice it the same way you see a tab type move. Other than that, S-2's have no other fixed tabs on the rudder. The flight rudder is the rearmost segment. The forward rudder is locked in trail with the fin untill the single engine rudder assist hydraulic boost is turned on, wouldn't even worry about moddeling it.
Sounding great, looking forward to it!

Sundog
July 25th, 2012, 18:34
Here's what I found;

1) Sky shows through the weapons bay. It looks like some of it may have to do with the sides of the nose gear bay. See the first two photo's below.

2) There needs to be a note in the read me to check the documentation for VC night lighting, as I found out the hard way. ;)

3) Is there an internal switch for the Nav Lights? If so, I've not been able to find it and use the kb shortcut to get turn them on and off.

4) If you want to know how awesome the sounds are for this plane, go find a good airport to fly over at 2000 ft agl (I used Orbx KORS) and go to tower view, after turning on the AP, as it approaches the airfield and listen to it fly by. Listening to it fade into the distance and hearing the chirping birds at the airfield was very cool. Well done Nigel! (The sounds!)

5) The extra pics are just to make sure it looks as good on the forums as it does in the sim. ;)

http://www.sdwaypoint.us/pics/S2-5b.jpg

http://www.sdwaypoint.us/pics/S2-6b.jpg

http://www.sdwaypoint.us/pics/S2-7.jpg

http://www.sdwaypoint.us/pics/S2-9.jpg

euroastar350
July 27th, 2012, 18:18
The last changes to the S2F3 are complete minus the inner slats, since we have been working on what was given to by Milton. We could go further with this model improving and adding more detail, but our time is short and I have to get ready to start coding the instrument panel for the Bell 407 by Milviz and that is going to require most of my time and effort since it is my first commercial add on project I've worked on. Here is the deal, for anyone wishing to improve upon the work I've done to the S2F3 and future G7 series aircraft, I would be happy to provide the FSX source and materials I have. We have to draw a line somewhere, but I need to move on to other projects, mostly with Milviz and future G7 series aircraft, on top of our own work, but don't let that distract from enjoying this fine aircraft in FSX. RC2 will be out soon.

heywooood
July 27th, 2012, 18:21
The last changes to the S2F3 are complete minus the inner slats, since we have been working on what was given to by Milton. We could go further with this model improving and adding more detail, but our time is short and I have to get ready to start coding the instrument panel for the Bell 407 by Milviz and that is going to require most of my time and effort since it is my first commercial add on project I've worked on. Here is the deal, for anyone wishing to improve upon the work I've done to the S2F3 and future G7 series aircraft, I would be happy to provide the FSX source and materials I have. We have to draw a line somewhere, but I need to move on to other projects, mostly with Milviz and future G7 series aircraft, on top of our own work, but don't let that distract from enjoying this fine aircraft in FSX. RC2 will be out soon.

looking forward to flying it in FSX - thank you for your efforts, this has been an interesting thread to be sure - just the kind of stuff I come into this forum for -

Milton Shupe
July 27th, 2012, 18:54

You guys have done an excellent job with this conversion to native FSX. I salute you for going above the call of duty on this one. My heartfelt thanks for all of your efforts to-date.

Sundog
July 27th, 2012, 20:30
Thanks to everyone, from the original FS9 crew to the FSX conversion crew. This plane has been sorely missing from FS and JIC you couldn't tell by those last two shots, I really enjoy flying the Tracker. :)

heywooood
July 29th, 2012, 14:10
can anyone say when this project will be released to the general community..?

:kilroy:

euroastar350
July 29th, 2012, 15:50
Sometime tomorrow, been a busy weekend for me at work that I haven't had the chance to send out RC2 yet:wavey:

heywooood
July 29th, 2012, 17:46
Sometime tomorrow, been a busy weekend for me at work that I haven't had the chance to send out RC2 yet:wavey:

This is great news - better than expected in fact - thank you :salute:

euroastar350
July 29th, 2012, 18:09
It's been our pleasure:ernae: And there is more where that came from:applause: http://www.eaglerotorcraftsimulations.com/

euroastar350
July 30th, 2012, 05:51
RC2 has been sent out and all I need is green lights from them so we can have a launch today:ernae:

hae5904
July 30th, 2012, 06:12
Thanks George! :salute:

Cheers,
Hank

Milton Shupe
July 30th, 2012, 10:18
Not seeing any major issues here with the model work.

I have adjusted the contact points for the main gear and static pitch.

I do notice the space in the seat frame beside the seat back that someone mentioned earlier. That's the way I put it out and I have no issue with that.

Animations look good here as well; nice job there. :-)

The native FSX texture enhancements work is great; I commend you guys for that work. :applause:

I would like Tom to take a final look at the flight model before release. Negative nose trim (-2.5 to -2.8) is required for takeoff and level flight at cruise and that seems a bit awkward to me (although it may be realistic) and could bring surprises on launch.

Thanks to your team for the extraordinary work here. :applause:

fliger747
July 30th, 2012, 10:45
Will have a look at the FD today, I usually takeoff at neutral trim with flaps at the first notch. I did notice one issue remaining with the model; the fairing inboard of the inner flap does not cast a shadow, flaps up or down.

Tom

bruce448
July 30th, 2012, 11:49
euroastar350, Other than what has been said today no faults from me. :salute:

Bruce

fliger747
July 30th, 2012, 15:43
Small change to the FDE, slightly increased the nose up pitch moment (very small change).

T

euroastar350
July 30th, 2012, 15:44
Are we good to go with launching the Stoof to the community?

bruce448
July 30th, 2012, 16:04
A yes from me.

Bruce

FSX68
July 30th, 2012, 16:37
It is about as good as it gets. 10-4
Launch it!!!!

:salute:

fliger747
July 30th, 2012, 16:48
As noted before, the fairings between the inner flap and the fuselage does not cast a shadow, as does the wing and flap.

T

bruce448
July 30th, 2012, 17:30
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/9779/20127311426803.jpg

fliger747
July 30th, 2012, 17:41
Very nice! She is a lot of fun to deckland, though the wingspan even on an angle deck requires a careful accurate lineup! Especially if static aircraft line each side!

T

Milton Shupe
July 30th, 2012, 18:10
No freeware product of mine is without issues; or, any program of complexity has at least one bug. :-)

Wrap it up. :-)

euroastar350
July 30th, 2012, 18:33
FSX has an awkward way of casting shadows on aircraft. Trust me on that one:icon_lol: Anyways, I think it's as good as it's going to get. So with that being said, we are going to build the installer tonight, run a test to make sure all folders are setup properly before handing it over to Uncle Milton for release:salute:

Milton Shupe
July 30th, 2012, 18:37
Sounds good to me sir.

Attaching Tom's FM with the contact points updates I did earlier today. Please include.

Sundog
July 30th, 2012, 18:49
This looks great to me. Going to try the new FDE and contact point updates, but I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone else thinks of it.

As for the shadows, I know what you mean about FSX doing "weird" things. Look at the strakes on the F/A-18 in different light and angles and the shadows will make it look like they aren't attached to the fuselage. But that happens and this Stoof is so much fun to fly I think everyone is going to love it.

Thanks for all the work you guys have done on it, because as much as I enjoy the port overs I think I'm stuck in this one for a while. :)

Nice pic Bruce.

Hughes-MDflyer4
July 30th, 2012, 18:58
She seems to be good to go for release. Just awaiting the latest docs from you, Milton. (according to George) Once we've got 'em, I'll build the installer.

Milton Shupe
July 30th, 2012, 21:17
She seems to be good to go for release. Just awaiting the latest docs from you, Milton. (according to George) Once we've got 'em, I'll build the installer.

Ah, my apologies. I had in my mind that I would do that once I received teh package (DUH!) LOL but the fact that you were doing the installer just did not sink in. Will knock that out and have it early Tuesday morning.

EDIT: Attaching updated text documents in next post. Modify as you wish to properly credit your work.

Milton Shupe
July 30th, 2012, 21:42
Here are the text documents for the Documentation folder. Replace the 3 current ones.

Modify as you wish to correct or supplement what I have stated.

Hughes-MDflyer4
July 31st, 2012, 07:27
No worries, Milton. Just wanted to make sure that people still had documentation to read somewhere, even after installation. (probably will be placed in the S2F3 aircraft folder...not really a better place!) Thanks! I'll get the installer built shortly. :salute:

Hughes-MDflyer4
July 31st, 2012, 09:06
Alright, Milton...the installer is created and all zipped up. Should I upload it, or would you prefer me send it your way for that? If you want me to upload it, what places are OK with you? (I take it the usual are fine, Simviation, AVSIM, FlightSim)

Milton Shupe
July 31st, 2012, 09:46
Alright, Milton...the installer is created and all zipped up. Should I upload it, or would you prefer me send it your way for that? If you want me to upload it, what places are OK with you? (I take it the usual are fine, Simviation, AVSIM, FlightSim)

Of course, you may upload it as you wish. I usually do SOH first, then the others later to give SOH first pop at it, but use your discretion as sometimes SOH uploads take a while to show with all the library activity.

I would also like you to make the description prominent to include:

FSX Native and "Conversion by The Eagle Rotorcraft Simulations Team by Permission" or words of your choosing.

Thank you :-)

Hughes-MDflyer4
July 31st, 2012, 09:50
Of course, you may upload it as you wish. I usually do SOH first, then the others later to give SOH first pop at it, but use your discretion as sometimes SOH uploads take a while to show with all the library activity.

I would also like you to make the description prominent to include:

FSX Native and "Conversion by The Eagle Rotorcraft Simulations Team by Permission" or words of your choosing.

Thank you :-)

Thanks Milton! I'll get it uploaded soon. :)

Hughes-MDflyer4
July 31st, 2012, 11:47
She has been uploaded to all major sites...just waiting approval. (not sure if the one at SimV went through...will upload again if it doesn't get approved within a few weeks)

JensOle
July 28th, 2013, 01:24
Hello,

I'm very late to the Tracker party, but with Melbourne in FSX I had to get he Stoof myself. Is there any paintkit for the FSX version available? As far as I can see so is the FS9 and FSX textures different.
Have any Canadian repaints been released?

euroastar350
July 28th, 2013, 14:31
Since Uncle Milton's website is unavailable, give me time to upload the neccessary files.

JensOle
July 28th, 2013, 14:38
Thank you!

malibu43
August 27th, 2013, 07:38
Are the air tanker (CDF) versions being converted as well?

gribouil
February 22nd, 2019, 09:23
Good evening everyone,
would one of the talented SOH repainters be interested in doing the colourful "Legacy Flight museum" grumman tracker repaint as can be seen here:

http://mwithakaviation.blogspot.com/2014/05/gallery-update-more-rexburg.html

Best regards,

Stéph.

FlyingsCool
February 22nd, 2019, 10:30
I don't know how talented I am, but I just saw a pic of that one last night I was thinking of doing it. ]

tgycgijoes
February 22nd, 2019, 16:03
If any of you are interested and have TACPAC I collaborated with Corrado5834 from FSDeveloper and we released a TACPAC version with working bombs and rockets including an armament wizard with Milton's and Euro350's permissions. It can be found here but you must have a working copy of TACPAC. Since it uses their model all the textures are compatible.

gribouil
February 24th, 2019, 08:27
I don't know how talented I am, but I just saw a pic of that one last night I was thinking of doing it. ]

Hi FlyingsCool,
I'd be delighted if you were to do this!!!
Cheers,

Stéph.

FlyingsCool
February 24th, 2019, 09:40
Which model would you like me to use?

The plane in question is an SF2-1 with the radome on top and underneath removed and the capped engine nacelle's

The S2F-1 model has the top (and bottom) radome and the new model S2F-1 Engine nacelles (with a nose)
the S2F-3 has the chopped tall Engine nacelles and rounded wingtips
The FS2004 US-2A model is the closest, it's got the bombays, No Cargo door and the right engine nacelles. But I don't think an FSX Native model has been created for it yet, and the glass is really dark on the outside. I could attempt to upgrade the textures and see if that helps.
The C-1A Trader is probably the closest, it doesn't have the top radome and it's got the correct engine nacelles. But it's got the cargo doors on the side and windows for passengers and no radome slot underneath or bomb bay doors.

Edit: I was able to upgrade the texture for correct appearance in the US-2A model. I'm not sure what other issues there are with that model given it's not a "Native" FSX model, but it looks good and is closest in configuration to N8115M

FlyingsCool
March 6th, 2019, 12:19
So I've got all the major stuff done, now I need to color all the little bits appropriately.

S2F-1 N8115M from the Legacy of Flight Museum at KRXE Rexburg Municipal Airport, Rexburg, Idaho

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kk8gbswt35f45t2/ScreenShot_190306_002.png?dl=0

gribouil
March 7th, 2019, 07:29
Hi FlyingsCool,
that's great news!!!!
Looking forward to it... :ernaehrung004:
Cheers,

Stéph.

tgycgijoes
March 8th, 2019, 06:31
Which model would you like me to use?

The plane in question is an SF2-1 with the radome on top and underneath removed and the capped engine nacelle's

The S2F-1 model has the top (and bottom) radome and the new model S2F-1 Engine nacelles (with a nose)
the S2F-3 has the chopped tall Engine nacelles and rounded wingtips
The FS2004 US-2A model is the closest, it's got the bombays, No Cargo door and the right engine nacelles. But I don't think an FSX Native model has been created for it yet, and the glass is really dark on the outside. I could attempt to upgrade the textures and see if that helps.
The C-1A Trader is probably the closest, it doesn't have the top radome and it's got the correct engine nacelles. But it's got the cargo doors on the side and windows for passengers and no radome slot underneath or bomb bay doors.

Edit: I was able to upgrade the texture for correct appearance in the US-2A model. I'm not sure what other issues there are with that model given it's not a "Native" FSX model, but it looks good and is closest in configuration to N8115M

I did some repaints of the US-2A here. I actually found the model at AVSIM I believe by accident. I found that if you copy the "glass" textures from an FSX native STOOF or C1A that it lightens it up to how it should appear. At least it did for me. Worth trying for you.

FlyingsCool
March 8th, 2019, 07:26
I did some repaints of the US-2A here. I actually found the model at AVSIM I believe by accident. I found that if you copy the "glass" textures from an FSX native STOOF or C1A that it lightens it up to how it should appear. At least it did for me. Worth trying for you.

Yep, I've already released one texture set for that model, with the exception:

There's a major problem with the texture mapping of the right engine nacelle in the US-2A model. It is (mostly) fixed in the US-2B model found here on SOH (link in my recent TS-2A texture upload description). I say mostly fixed because there's still a bit of double use of the texture across two surfaces, but at least it looks ok in the textures I've been creating for it. As long as you don't put any text in the offending area you don't see a doubling of the text and a line across the offending area still seems to look ok.

I'm just about done with N8115M on the US-2B model. I'm just trying to figure out how to add an appropriate glossy sheen to it.
I'm starting to learn how to upgrade models to FSX, but I've got a ways to go.

So far my attempts to upgrade it to use _spec and _bump textures using ModelConverterX aren't working because it screws up the animations in the re-saved version of the model (a known problem). Otherwise I don't know how to (re)map texture file use to add these features.

I'd also like to fix the mapping of the antennas on top of the wing, as they are pointing to the same portion of the miscparts2 texture as a red placard in the cockpit, so I can't change their color without affecting the most important part of the airplane (the cockpit).

Given Mr. Shupe released the S2F-1 model to the public domain, if I can figure out all the things I need to do, I may ask his permission to create an FSX TS-2A model from it in the future, as there's a bunch of cool paintjobs out there for it (and I'm obsessed with naval flight training at the moment :beguiled: ).

tgycgijoes
March 8th, 2019, 10:42
Yep, I've already released one texture set for that model, with the exception:

There's a major problem with the texture mapping of the right engine nacelle in the US-2A model. It is (mostly) fixed in the US-2B model found here on SOH (link in my recent TS-2A texture upload description). I say mostly fixed because there's still a bit of double use of the texture across two surfaces, but at least it looks ok in the textures I've been creating for it. As long as you don't put any text in the offending area you don't see a doubling of the text and a line across the offending area still seems to look ok.

I'm just about done with N8115M on the US-2B model. I'm just trying to figure out how to add an appropriate glossy sheen to it.
I'm starting to learn how to upgrade models to FSX, but I've got a ways to go.

So far my attempts to upgrade it to use _spec and _bump textures using ModelConverterX aren't working because it screws up the animations in the re-saved version of the model (a known problem). Otherwise I don't know how to (re)map texture file use to add these features.

I'd also like to fix the mapping of the antennas on top of the wing, as they are pointing to the same portion of the miscparts2 texture as a red placard in the cockpit, so I can't change their color without affecting the most important part of the airplane (the cockpit).

Given Mr. Shupe released the S2F-1 model to the public domain, if I can figure out all the things I need to do, I may ask his permission to create an FSX TS-2A model from it in the future, as there's a bunch of cool paintjobs out there for it (and I'm obsessed with naval flight training at the moment :beguiled: ).

will continue to monitor your progress.

FlyingsCool
March 8th, 2019, 16:06
I just uploaded S2F-1 N8115M, originally owned by the late Merle Maine, now owned and operated by the Legacy Flight Museum at KRXE Rexburg Municipal Airport in Rexburg, Idaho. It should be available soon for download in the Civilian Prop and Military Cold War Prop skin sections. There's an AFX for KRXE available at Flightsim.com and Avsim if you're interested, though it's quite out of date and doesn't even have the Museum hangar in it. Maybe I'll update it at some point.

Unfortunately, I couldn't figure out how to make it glossy (the alpha channel controls transparency, and the model doesn't yet support _spec and _bump textures), but it looks good...

Enjoy!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uqxkj2bpvfyhw63/2019-3-8_18-2-52-404.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wblvrt48ytssdl0/2019-3-8_18-4-44-484.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/16wnooom6l57eoe/2019-3-8_18-5-1-208.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4cylp7hgulgnaro/2019-3-8_18-6-39-349.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/64tqwakz8vrjzuv/2019-3-8_18-7-18-366.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tq2dn1u6lo7tl5z/2019-3-8_18-10-41-935.png?dl=0

FlyingsCool
March 8th, 2019, 18:44
I gotta say, I love flying this plane, it's just such a fun plane to cruise around in. Just spent a couple hours cruising around the Orbx NoCal scenery from Redding east to the coast and down to SF and back over to Nut tree in Vacaville. Very nice. I also think it's got the best looking pilot figures I've seen in any plane. I really like having the co-pilot next to me in the US-2B model like it is. Too bad you can't turn on the co-pilot in VC view in the other versions of the plane. But I'm happy, such a fun plane. Thanks to everyone who's worked on it. :)

gribouil
March 8th, 2019, 22:26
Hi FlyingsCool,
I can see none of your pictures... do you have any idea how to?
Let's hope your repaint to get the "green light" from SOH in a few hours... :wavey:
Cheers,

Stéph.

FlyingsCool
March 9th, 2019, 03:33
Yeah, the setup of this BB software is so weird. I can see SOME pictures inline when I'm not logged in, but as soon as I log in, all I see are links. In ALL the other boards I'm involved with, they need DL=1 for files hosted on dropbox, but I am told here DL=0 is what should be used (which means people can't download the pictures).

I can't see most of the pictures people post on this BB. Photobucket NEVER works for me, imgur works sometimes, and there's some other host lots of people use that never works for me either.

I wish somebody would really help me understand this. They've tried. But when I follow their instructions, I get comments like yours. It's a little frustrating.

Any thoughts on ways to host pics that actually works on this BB? I can't see most pics people post either, and, as I noted, nothing shows up inline when I'm logged in. Funny that some links to videos show up inline, though. I've gone through all my settings in my profile and I can't see anything I need to change.

The file is up btw