PDA

View Full Version : Happy Fourth of July!

Jagdflieger
July 3rd, 2012, 15:28
If you are an American, may all of your BBQs and fireworks be memorable and please remember why we Americans celebrate the day!

Hern07
July 3rd, 2012, 20:24
Happy Birthday America. I think your best days are still ahead of you.

Talon
July 4th, 2012, 12:35
Yesterday we left Harbor and anchored a few miles off shore of Tahiti to have our own little celebration.Guess the people on shore will be wondering what's going on out here.:icon_lol:

Ghostrider
July 4th, 2012, 14:18
Happy fourth, all - also my wife's birthday!

Morton
July 4th, 2012, 15:44
Happy Fourth of July!
If you are an American, may all of your BBQs and fireworks be memorable and please remember why we Americans celebrate the day!

Well, i'm not an American Jagd, but i'll celebrate anyway! In fact i'm sitting in Key West right now waiting for the thunderstorm to finish so I can join the crowd out in the streets..

cheers!!!!
Morton

dmaloof
July 4th, 2012, 15:56
just wish it fell on a monday or friday. back to work tomorrow

Jagdflieger
July 4th, 2012, 19:12
Morton,

Have a great vacation in the USA!

Too bad you didn't visit a few years ago as I was stationed down in South Florida for a few years in 09 and 10. We could have met for a beer.

Killer Svend
July 5th, 2012, 07:18
Congratulations from me as well
It seems to be celebrated all ower the world . In Denmark it is 100 years since the first Rebild meeting took place. Rebild is some wonderfull hills south of Aalborg and every year danes and americans with danish roots are congregating andthis year it was also with the presence of H.M the Queen of Denmark , the Danish prime minister and H.E The american ambassador mrs. Fulton. fortunately the weather was excellent and around 3000 people was participating.
Killer Svend

Shadow Wolf 07
July 5th, 2012, 08:30
Happy birthday USA!!

I'm leaving on Wed to try to get a Space-A, AMC (military flight to Germany for about 10 days... My first time trying this internationally.

Rami
July 5th, 2012, 08:34
Good afternoon,

I had a fantastic fourth of July in Boston; it is truly a unique place to celebrate our nation's independence. Down at the esplanade, (the place where you see the concert on CBS at 10pm, though it starts locally at 8:20p) there were numerous flyovers of helicopters, the Blue Angels, a C-130, and some F-15s, as the USS Constitution made her annual turnaround. We also got to listen to the howitzer firing tests, to make sure they were ready for the 1812 overture during the concert.

However, I have to admit I overdid it with a long day in the sun, and too many beers hoisted at a pub in Boston. I had the brilliant idea to go toe-to-toe with US Navy sailors and British soccer hooligans at Cheers in Boston. I ran up a bit of a tab buying a round for military personnel who came in when I was there, though they got me a few rounds in good turn. I still feel pretty lousy; I had a bad hangover.

Having my wife chew me out over the bar tab didn't help.