PDA

View Full Version : Two Tornados down in the Morey Firth, Scotland

IanHenry
July 3rd, 2012, 08:11
It seems that two RAF Tornado Gr4 collided today. One crew have been picked up the other is still missing. Here's hoping that they find them ok.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-18692532

Regards,

Ian.

Daveroo
July 3rd, 2012, 09:25
im wishing for the best ooutcome to this...

IanHenry
July 3rd, 2012, 10:41
Yes Dave, it's very worrying that they haven't found the other crew yet. Lossiemouth is a very tight community and I feel their pain (I visit there regularly)

Ian.

lefty
July 3rd, 2012, 23:57
They have stopped searching, which sadly tells all. Those boys would scour the ocean if there was any chance.

stiz
July 4th, 2012, 00:17
They have stopped searching, which sadly tells all. Those boys would scour the ocean if there was any chance.

they said they stopt because the weather was getting to bad to carry on, but intended to continue when the weather improved. The fact they found 2 people out of 4 makes me wonder if the pilots told the rear seaters to eject then didnt get a chance to themselves.

IanHenry
July 4th, 2012, 00:44
On the news this morning, they said that the MOD is deciding if to resume the search today. Sadly I don't think they can stand much chance of surviving a night in the North Sea, even in summer. Here's hoping.

IanHenry
July 4th, 2012, 12:17
Sadly, it's been reported that one of the two rescued crew members has passed away, and the other one is critical in Inverness hospital. Here's praying for him.

Regards,
Ian.