PDA

View Full Version : Damnit CaptainSim

CodyValkyrie
December 29th, 2008, 15:00
I'm pissed. The e-mail said 23:59:59. I saw the 9.99 Euro price, went to pay for it, and the product poofed at 23:30:00 or abouts. I KNOW I was on time.... Technically when I wrote this, the sale just ended. Now I wasted an hour of work, went to Vancouver WA to put a small deposit in my bank account and ran back for nothing...

30 minutes before the end of the sale, and they poofed it.

Drats.

Tweek
December 29th, 2008, 15:03
If I'm not mistaken, on the actual sale page on the CS website, it said the sale would run for 23 hours - 00:00:00GMT-23:00:00GMT. That's not what they advertised in the original e-mail, but that could be why you didn't get the sale on time.

CodyValkyrie
December 29th, 2008, 15:04
Well, I was going off of their e-mail, which apparently was wrong, so am I just screwed or what?

This just adds insult to injury to me for these last 2 weeks of hell I have been going through.

Marlin
December 29th, 2008, 15:19
Well :censored:in :censored:t dude.

God I hate it when that happens.

It's like ordering a top sirloin and getting a big mack by mistake, and your stuck with the big mack.

Write them an Email right now and say, " WTF". Just make sure to double check your email letter first to see if it was 23 or 24 hours.

Marlin
December 29th, 2008, 15:23
Here, I checked your email for you.

Greetings,

We are pleased to announce that exclusively at Captain Sim online store, on the 29 Dec ' 08 from 00:01 to 23:59 (GMT) everything is Euro 9.99! Visit us at: http://www.captainsim.com (http://www.captainsim.com/)

Important:
- 24 hours only. On the 29 Dec ' 08 at 23:59:59 (GMT) all prices are back to regular.
- All sales made during the sale event will be treated equally to regular price sales.
- If traffic will exceed our expectations some of our servers slowdown/outage is possible during the sale event. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Stay tuned,
Captain Sim News

You have subscribed to the newsletter by signing up on our web site.
Please add news@captainsim.com (http://us.mc503.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=news@captainsim.com) to your address book to ensure future delivery.
To unsubscribe please forward this e-mail to: news@captainsim.com (http://us.mc503.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=news@captainsim.com)
or click Unsubscribe in Your Profile at http://www.captainsim.com (http://www.captainsim.com/)

CodyValkyrie
December 29th, 2008, 15:24
Yes, according to the e-mail, I arrived to purchase 30 minutes or so BEFORE the sale ended.

The worst part is I clicked on the 9.99 Euro sale. When I went to purchase it however, the item poofed. They switched over right as I went to buy it.

I used their support e-mail thinger that they have. Anyone have a direct e-mail address or something that might get me a quicker response by chance?

Marlin
December 29th, 2008, 15:29
Nope, can't help you on that one. Good luck though!!!

CodyValkyrie
December 29th, 2008, 15:32
I really hope they make good on their e-mail offer. I simply cannot afford this addon at the regular price right now and was looking forward to getting this today. ;)

My only redeeming factor is I have a time stamped e-mail confirming my support question to them set at 23:45:-- GMT.

MCDesigns
December 29th, 2008, 15:35
Yeah, I hear ya Cody, these things happen.

I purchase items for my CGI habit from a site that has things called fastgrabs, basically they offer an item for 70-80% off (usually $15-$25 normally) for a limited time or amount. I can't tell ya how many I have missed on or put an item in my cart to have it change before my eyes, hey, life goes on.

CodyValkyrie
December 29th, 2008, 16:53
Well shucks. In my last ditch effort, I posted on their forum. I'll continue to cross my fingers and hope they give me some type of exception.

Howdy folks, this is Cody of Jaggyroad Films.

Don't want to give a sob story, but here it goes. All day I looked forward to getting the CS C-130 Pro Pack for the advertised price in the e-mail of 9.99 Euro. I would have purchased it the night before, but my Verizon paycheck was held up due to VERY inclimate weather we have been having, so I had to wait until Monday. So I get my paycheck today about 1330 PST and head to Vancouver to put my check into the bank. I get home roughly 1520 PST and go to purchase the Pro Pack.

Now, here is where the sob story begins. As I go to purchase, I see the advertised price of 9.99 Euros and begin the payment process. Well, apparently I entered my card data incorrectly and it obviously didn't go through. When I reloaded the site to start over from scratch, the price had changed to the original price?!

I frantically looked through my e-mail to check the time of the sale to again ensure I wasn't late. The e-mail confirmed my suspicion...

Greetings,

We are pleased to announce that exclusively at Captain Sim online store, on the 29 Dec ' 08 from 00:01 to 23:59 (GMT) everything is Euro 9.99! Visit us at: http://www.captainsim.com

Important:
- 24 hours only. On the 29 Dec ' 08 at 23:59:59 (GMT) all prices are back to regular.
- All sales made during the sale event will be treated equally to regular price sales.
- If traffic will exceed our expectations some of our servers slowdown/outage is possible during the sale event. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Stay tuned,
Captain Sim News

You have subscribed to the newsletter by signing up on our web site.
Please add news@captainsim.com to your address book to ensure future delivery.
To unsubscribe please forward this e-mail to: news@captainsim.com
or click Unsubscribe in Your Profile at http://www.captainsim.com
I checked the clock, 1540 PST, did the math, (2340 GMT). I was in the sales time... When I reloaded the package which no longer offered the price of 9.99 Euro but was now changed to 59.99 Euro, it said the offer ended at 2300 GMT? ? ?

Going off the e-mail, I still had 20 minutes.... but the sale poofed on me! I REALLY wanted to get this package. I sent a support e-mail ticket to my e-mail address of cody@jaggyroadfilms.com which is time stamped at 2345 GMT.

So please, help me. I was looking forward to getting this all day, took an hour off of work, spent 2 hours in traffic to deposit my check, rushed home within the timeframe of the e-mail... but somehow missed out?

I know I am asking for a miracle, but please let me purchase this product. I simply cannot afford at this time to get it at the full price due to my spouse being laid off and REALLY wanted to take her to the air to blow off some steam. If you cannot, I understand, but I would ask that you please confirm to me what the e-mail said, that it would end at 23:59:59.

Thank you kindly for your time,
-Cody
Jaggyroad Films
www.jaggyroadfilms.com

gera
December 29th, 2008, 17:26
good luck amigo.....may Capt Sim be kind to you.......Time sure flies!!!! I forgot the whole Sale!!!!!.....I'll wait for next year but only if they beg me!!!!!:costumes::costumes::costumes:

fliger747
December 29th, 2008, 17:35
Last year I forgot the Aeroplane Heaven birthday deal, since my B-day is in December.... Oh well!

Makes me feel like Dianne Zurbrugg in Hight School, we went alphabetical in those days... for everything.

Tweek
December 30th, 2008, 05:00
You don't really expect CS to turn into a bunch of charitable souls, do you? :costumes:

But seriously, good luck to you. I know I'd also feel a bit pissed off if I'd gone through all that trouble to get something I ended up missing out on!

gera
December 30th, 2008, 05:29
If someone goes from what? 60 Buckaroos to 9.!!!!!!!!!!.....who will ever buy for 60 Buckaroos?????........crazy man, the marketing manager of CS must go!!!!!!!!!!!!!if someone did that in my company he would be out of a job right now!!!!!!!!,,:isadizzy::isadizzy:...like a US General said in the Battle of the Bulge...." Nuts".

CodyValkyrie
December 30th, 2008, 09:52
Well, you can't win em all. Here is the response along with my reply.

We are sorry you didn't catch the sale.
Actually it was 23hrs sale. Beause unfortunately, right before the sale due to technical reasons we decided to make it 23hrs sale, from 0000Z to 2300Z. That information was clearly listed on all sale banners all day 29DEC.

Sadly, due to work constraints and the fact I was going off the newsletter, I never saw any of those banners EXCEPT the one when I went to re-do my order.

Well, thank you for at least taking the time to comment back to me. I haven't checked my e-mail as I am on a work computer. Please, next time you offer a sale and put out a newsletter, post corresponding times.

Again, thanks for your time.

Kind regards,
-Cody Bergland
Jaggyroad Films
www.jaggyroadfilms.com (http://www.jaggyroadfilms.com/)

bluediamond
December 30th, 2008, 10:34
Sorry to hear they aren't going to give you a break on this.What did you order?I got the C-130 pro pack and the 757 pro pack during the sale and haven't even downloaded them yet.I will probably never even fly the 757 and I already have the C-130 base pack.Provided that you did order one or both the above mentioned items and if there is any way you can cancel your order and use my download links and order number I'll glady give them to you for providing us with all the great flightsim videos you have produced over the years.

Michael

6297J
December 30th, 2008, 10:39
Surely if you really, really wanted the C130 you would have either bought it when it was released or would not have left it to the last half hour to buy it in the 9.99 sale.

If I missed out like this my philiosophy would be that I couldn't have really wanted it in the first place so, why worry!

Nick C
December 30th, 2008, 11:06
I'm certain it's possible to get this sorted out, just waiting for Cody to check his damned emails! ;)

CodyValkyrie
December 30th, 2008, 11:38
Yes, sorry Nick. I'll check it when I get home in a few hours. Thanks mate.

6297J, naturally you are right, however, in my specific circumstance, I had no other choice but to attempt purchase at this particular time.

harleyman
December 30th, 2008, 13:47
Man CodyV...That would make me angry too....Sorry to hear that for you.....