PDA

View Full Version : self-serving request

Mâra Trilokadev
December 29th, 2008, 13:34
Hi All,

First, happy New Year to all of you.

Secondly, as the title implies, I have a request... Are there any repaints for Dino Cattaneo's magnificent Goshawk disguised as a Bae Hawk? If not, I'm wondering if some kind soul please might make an 'export' variant or two for the Goshawk?

I know they're not the same but to the untrained eye they look reasonably close from external view, and if Piglet's superb Embraer Tucano can masquerade a bit as a Shorts Tucano maybe Dino's can wear a disguise as well?

I've tried my hand at it with the Gimp freeware paint software but, well, it is always good to realise one's own's limitations and painting (with a brush or a mouse) is one of my many limitations, hence this request.

I wish I were talented enough to offer something in exchange other than my gratitude and best wishes (which you all have regardless).

Happy Flying,
MT

noddy
December 29th, 2008, 14:20
Russel Smith did a pack which can be found over at AVSIM filename 4_t-45cs.zip, and as far as I know that is it for this model.

Tweek
December 29th, 2008, 14:24
Russel Smith did a pack which can be found over at AVSIM filename 4_t-45cs.zip

I believe he's looking for fictional RAF paints, as opposed to extra US Navy/USMC ones.

And I know you've probably considered this one already, and would prefer a freeware alternative, but it may be worth checking out Skysim/Rick Piper's Hawk T.1: http://www.avsim.com/pages/0908/Skysim/Hawk.htm

Mâra Trilokadev
December 29th, 2008, 15:25
Thanks, Tweek you are right - I am indeed looking for RAF, RN, RAAF, RCAF, Kenyan, Finnish, Indonesian, Malaysian, or any of the other nations using the Hawk. I know they'd not be accurate but they'd sure be fun!

Noddy, I've got the repaints from Mr Smith and they are indeed nice; thank you for pointing them out. I've been having a lot of fun with them too.

I've been eyeing the SkySim Hawk but after some medical problems I have to wait to get back to full speed (and full paycheck - the temp disability while indeed a blessing was a big hit to the pocketbook) before I can get back to buying toys for me.

Anyway, if anyone comes across any 'export' variants of Dino's Goshawk, I'd sure be grateful if you'd give a shout.

Happy Flying,
MT