PDA

View Full Version : Triplehead2Go Digital Question...

Warrant
December 29th, 2008, 12:33
..Hi fooks,

Quick quistion to all who have experience with this magnificent piece of hardware....

Just received and installed the thing, and WOW it looks great :jawdrop:
The only thing i wonder about is, can i zoom out further (beyond FSX default)?

It is nice to see the DVC in 3 screens when in a side by side cockpit, but when in a single or tandem seat plane i'd like to zoom out untill i see my cockpit including instruments in the centre screen and the world from left to right in my left and right screens. I need to be able to zoom out a little more then FSX allows me (in DVC, without moving back my head with the TRACIR device).

Any suggestions?

jetstreamsky
December 29th, 2008, 12:53
I don't know anyway outside of FSX, but you could move the viewpoint back a little in the aircraft config file so that you naturally have more of the cockpit in front of you.

Warrant
December 29th, 2008, 13:08
I don't know anyway outside of FSX, but you could move the viewpoint back a little in the aircraft config file so that you naturally have more of the cockpit in front of you.

Too simple, but a very good point! :ernae:

Just a simple Crtl + Enter when in DVC.....it was in front of me all the time (actually i have a peek note hanging at my desk with the view-controls all the time).

I might have to revise the aircraft.cfg's of my most fav planes as well to avoid having to adjust manually each time.

Thanks Jetstreamsky :medals:

Pepere
December 29th, 2008, 14:02

Where in the aircraft config file do you make the changes?

David :mixedsmi:

Warrant
December 29th, 2008, 14:20
Where in the aircraft config file do you make the changes?

David :mixedsmi:

That would be in the aircraft.cfg file, in the [Views] section

Underneath you find the line : eyepoint=00.00, 00.00, 00.00

The numbers vary, it is up to you to adjust these

The first string of numbers refer to your position from the center model point (back/forward)

The second string refers to your position (left/right)

The third string refers to your position (up/down)

You have to play a bit with those, with minor adjustments (maximum 1 in front of the point at the time), and check the results.

hey_moe
December 29th, 2008, 14:42
If you are using all three monitors and you zoom out...it zooms out further than FSX ans FS9. On mine when I zoom out I see loads more scenery.....Mike