PDA

View Full Version : All Good Things.....

strikehawk
June 28th, 2012, 17:18
Must come to an end. One of my favorite activities in FS has always been multi-player, about 2004 I belonged to a group of players that through 'server politics' found ourselves lacking a home very suddenly. Well just as quickly we found ourselves a new place to fly at FS Top Gun. Over the years I went from player to channel admin to finally lead server admin, number 2 behind the owner Lendog. During that time I have seen the server go through it's ups and downs and everything in between. The past few weeks have been hard on the regular members as the server has been non-op since the end of last month. Today I made the descision to post it's end on our Face Book page. Now I know that we never had a good rep and our SA's could be heavy handed at times, mostly when the kiddies would start their garbage, and I won't make any excuses for our lack of redeeming and endearing qualities, we were rude, foul tempered and slightly left of center. Having said that, if you could get past all that we were also very tight, like a family and with us what you saw or heard was the real thing. You had to have spent more than a couple of hours there to understand the 'locals', if you did manage to get past all our bluster you would find yourself in the midst of some of the most unhinged members of the FS community, just kidding, we did try to make sure new players new the rules of the server, help someone add their first 3rd party file to FS and not screw up their game, celebrate a birth_birthday_wedding_or an A on a report card. We would also get drunk and cry with our friends over a break up, grieve over a death and cheer a divorce. We had players of all ages and during the school year a common question to a young person was "have you done your homework?" if the answer was no they'd get kicked for that night. Some of those kids from that time are now in collage, one young man made the mistake of listening to our sea stories, he's now an Ensign at Pensecola doing his flight training.

So why the post? because I suppose that FSTG was for some of us a good place to be. No self respecting server would have us, and all of us just kind of fit in with the others. FSTG had some of the most arrogant, foul tempered, egocentric and just plain insane members that normal folk tended to shy away from. I am proud to say that I was one of those guys, at some point or another the leader of those crazies and I am sorry to see that we closed because of finances and probably to the relief of many there won't be another server like it. I will miss everything we worked for and I know I will miss the friendships as everyone finds new places to fly.

If anyone is interested and were ever on our server, my alter egos were Strike and Firehawk, if I did anything to anyone there that offended, I'm sorry and I won't let Strike to it again, Firehawk was the most stable of the two anyway.

Cag40Navy
June 28th, 2012, 19:00
Hard to read but hell! I hope you guys continue to hang out together. Wish the best of luck!

Warhawk1130
June 29th, 2012, 13:59
Hard to read but hell! I hope you guys continue to hang out together. Wish the best of luck!

Most of em hang out with me at the RBFC...hard to get rid of a bad penny!