PDA

View Full Version : My latest method of P3D startups

Lionheart
June 28th, 2012, 13:10
Hey all,

Jumbling through that cool little addon to start presaved Flights in P3 has become frustrating to me; the keyboard Tab Tab, scroll, find, select, reverse Tab twice, Enter....

Now, I open a Windows Explorer window, go to the Documents / Prepar3D files folder, and have it open at the flight I want. (FLT files).

Then, when I need to reboot the sim, I Alt / Tab to the P3 FLT files, click Enter, and done. With the previous FLT file left selected, I can keep going back to that window and click Enter on the preselected FLT and I am on my way.

I know, 'what is up with you Bill that you need the quickest shortcut ever!' Time...... I work on this day and night, always tuning and testing. Going directly to flights tons of times a day, you need as many shortcuts as you can get.

Plus, looking at the FLT files in a large format is sort of like a Catelog of flight selections.

Anyways, I dont know if its worth sharing, but thought I would share it with you. Most of you guys probably do not need any shortcuts like that.

Some other shortcuts would be to....

* Copy the FLT file you use for testing to your desktop (with its WX file too if needed) and click from there....

* Save test flight as your Default (grim if you have accidentally turned off systems on your plane and go into another plane, which will need to have that system turned on somehow).

Bill

roger-wilco-66
June 29th, 2012, 16:31
Nice write-up, Bill. Actually, as I do scenery designing and also develop effects and other stuff, I came to appreciate the way P3D starts. Much faster.

Cheers,
Mark