PDA

View Full Version : really sad side of wildfire...

Daveroo
June 28th, 2012, 09:08
this brought a tear to my eyes...i guess i really am a big soft mass of goo after all...( ok cheezy have at me,,,lol)...but this is just sad...they will prolly put this kitten down....but i hope not,,

stuartcox
June 28th, 2012, 09:27
That is a very disturbing picture! It certainly got to me, showing the side of wildfires usually going unnoticed.
Very sad indeed!

cheezyflier
June 28th, 2012, 12:42
nah, i wont tease you for having a heart. i don't care too much for cats, but i sure don't like seeing them (or any creature) suffer.

napamule
June 28th, 2012, 14:44
What gets me is how no one (even the Fed Gov) is looking into developing new ways to fight fires. It's the same ole way. Then if the wind blows a little the fire rages out of control. I mean there has to be metals, insulation, remote controled catepillar type equiptment that can be made to toss explosives at fire, or blow huge amounts of dirt, to smother fires. Or plow a wide fire break, set heat activated 'land mines' to blow up and spread dirt in the vicinity of fire front (the fires 'suck' in wind, do they not). There has to be a way. But we are not working on ANY 'new' way(s) to fight fires. I don't get it.
Chuck B
Napamule

cheezyflier
June 28th, 2012, 20:59
actually, some people are

http://youtu.be/U_7nMphB6JY