PDA

View Full Version : Sea Venon diaplay problem-help?

lazarus
June 27th, 2012, 23:56
68263Okay, I'm stumped. I get this with the native MiG25PD as well. I've re-loaded the file a few times, coppied the shared textures to each folders, messed with the texture config, no soap. It will show just fine in the pre-view except for the rudders, but looks like this in sim. Any ideas?

peter12213
June 28th, 2012, 08:36
Its a missing file for sure, I've had it a few times on various aircraft, never this one though. Reinstalling the aircraft has worked everytime time for me.

lazarus
June 28th, 2012, 10:56
A missing texture is what I thought as well. I re-downloaded and re-installed a number of times, looked the texture assignments over in MDLX, and can find nothing missing. Its a poser allright!

AusWilko
June 29th, 2012, 02:55
Just a random thought, are you deleting the entire folder and reinstalling? maybe it has a extra thing sitting there interfering with the standard install.

lazarus
June 29th, 2012, 16:25
Clean re-install each time. Shared textures copied to each folder, texture config ammended, or removed. No change. :isadizzy: So far, it has defeated resolution.
Sea Venon? Why the keys are so close together , I'll never know. I need a mechanic finger sized keyboard!

Roger
June 29th, 2012, 16:50
Is your FsX Sp1 and SP2 or FsX/Acceleration?

AusWilko
June 29th, 2012, 19:10
The other thing to try maybe is try turning on and off AA and Ansio and see if that does anything, do you run inspector? maybe reset that

Rich
June 29th, 2012, 20:10
Maybe you can post screenshots of the 2 Suez paints, are the tail booms the same dark colour, the shot you posted seem to have the texture but either that has been messed up colourwise or the tailboom bump has been messed up.

If it was lack of SP2 or Accel I would have expected missing textures but everything seems to be there.

Try it with boom_L_R_bump.dds disabled

lazarus
June 29th, 2012, 22:57
Thanks for the replies, Gentlemen. So. I'm running sp2 accel on a nvida 6150se, I don't use inspector. Other wise , its an average EMachines box (great pooter for the price,BTY) win7/64. All the V2 Seavenoms display the same way, dark booms and rudders. All the textures seem to be there. The V1 seaVenom, Vamps, Venoms all work fine. An odd datum is that the preview in aircraft selection menu displays normally, the dark texture bits only manifest in sim. Q: whats AA and Ansio? A wee bit odd. Its like a missing spec map or something, but a list of textures in MDLX editor shows all present and accounted for. I know it must be a bug on my end as I have not seen any other reports of the issue. I'll disable boom_L_R_DDS and see what that does. I'll also try some different texture file formats and see where that goes(DXT3,DXT5,mips/nomips, BMP ect) Oh. Duh. Anisotropic filtering and anti-alaising. Dont use em, per the jesus tweeks setup, but I`ve not tried those from the GC control panel, so now I will. Off to try that out. Thanks Gents. I shall keep you all apprised.

Rich
June 29th, 2012, 23:18
Unless you have messed up boom_L_R.dds your problem is possibly here unless you messed up somewhere with MDLX editor

Try it with boom_L_R_bump.dds disabled this dds is used in all Venom models

boom_L_R_DDS is individual models

Preview I think is the thumbnail.jpg

lazarus
June 30th, 2012, 11:38
68430 No love there. This is the preveiw, the booms show ok, but the rudders are dark. In sim, the whole boom map is dark. Tried without boom_dds, with boom as a bit map, in DXT3, 5, BMP, 888bit, tried the boom dds from the first release. With shared tex folder. without shared tex folder and the tex config removed with shared tex's in each texture folder. AA and A.F in the nvida panel off and on. Resolution changes, default settings, tex max load up and down. No autogen in case I'm out of memory(unlikely-8GB RAM) Change alpha to white(flat) Tried with alpha channel removed. Put each individual model in it own separate aitcraft folder. Lights on-lights off(in case its a light map) with and with out bump map. No change. It seems to be in the model-all of them. Very odd. I guess she goes in the boneyard; as I'm supposing its a angry computer sprite thing with my box.
Thanks Gents! I'll chip away at it, perhaps drop Rob a line and see if he has any thoughts or has run across this before. ITMT, the V.1 works just fine, though is tough to repaint. At least I can do an Aquillon! Maybe get back to that RN Sea Lightning skin (have you seen the size of the hook on that thing. How could you resist not deck landing it!) A digression- Is that a Gannet AEW3 on Robs sites headder? Ho-ho-ho. Christmas might be early this year!

Rich
June 30th, 2012, 16:10
I will drop out of this, whatever problem you have is self inflicted, Another one of your fantasies gone wrong ?

There is a black bit on the tail vertical fin with a white J in it HMS Eagle

Sea Lightning ????????

There is nothing wrong with the models of any version, if as you said you have done removed the offending models and replaced them with new you should have new non problem models.

Roger
June 30th, 2012, 17:02
Rich, I'm locking this down. Regardless of the reasons, personal abuse is against all we stand for here.