PDA

View Full Version : Coming soon-ish from Flying Stations

SkippyBing
June 27th, 2012, 08:14
Due to a couple of power supply failures earlier in the month I couldn't access the latest copies of the Buccaneer S2 and Victorious models so I turned to something else for a bit of a change.

Cockpit shot below, first person to post the aircraft type at the Flying Stations forum (http://z13.invisionfree.com/Flying_Stations/index.php?showtopic=259) gets a free copy when it's released, which should be sometime soon so I can go back to modelling the new autopilot and radio in the S2 and figure out the wing-fold on the Firefly...

Oh and oddly for us it's never been near an aircraft carrier.

SkippyBing
June 27th, 2012, 11:49
Disturbingly the correct answer was got on the second post so I'll have to find something more obscure next time I'm at a loose end!

It is the Percival Mew Gull, specifically G-AEXF the London-Cape Town-London record holder for 70 odd years and faster than a Hurricane at low level.

Seen here overhead Oran in Algeria after a six hour test flight from Rochester, England, after I proved a) the fuel consumption is about right, b) the cruise speed is there abouts and c) my dead reckoning nav could use some work as I missed the Balearic islands on route and had to turn on time and use google Earth to figure out where I hit Africa...

Bomber_12th
June 27th, 2012, 12:09
Excellent news! I've always had a thing for that design.