PDA

View Full Version : (Freeware) 7WA3 West Wind for Orbx PNW

imn2sims
June 26th, 2012, 22:37
Just spent a couple of hours exploring this great area. Managed a few landings at West Wind with the Real Air Lancair Legacy. I buzzed Riverside but thought it a bit to risky with the Lagacy so I switched over to the A2A Cub and that was great fun dropping in over the tree and power lines. Now I'm looking forward to ridding some of the crops in the area of those pesky insects with the Alabeo C188B. Oh, here's the link http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/index.php

Steve

Roger
June 26th, 2012, 22:48
Missed this...will be downloading tonight! Thanks for the hu.

jpmouse
June 27th, 2012, 15:44
I'm still searching for it. If you have found it, would you share the coordinates?

Thanks

JP

Bomber_12th
June 27th, 2012, 15:49
I've been looking forward to this since hearing about it earlier today, and downloading now. Thank you for the original heads-up, Steve!

Sundog
June 27th, 2012, 15:57
Another cool airfield, though not receiving the full Orbx upgrade, is WN08 in the valley to the east. It's a fun grass field to land in, if you like landing on a hill. :)

imn2sims
June 27th, 2012, 16:08
I'm still searching for it. If you have found it, would you share the coordinates?

Thanks

JP

Haven't really looked yet but I'll be looking for it later on tonight.

Steve

imn2sims
June 27th, 2012, 16:09
Another cool airfield, though not receiving the full Orbx upgrade, is WN08 in the valley to the east. It's a fun grass field to land in, if you like landing on a hill. :)

I'll check it out, Thanks.

Steve

Sundog
June 27th, 2012, 18:34
As per the readme, though it was the first airfield I spotted flying down the valley, the Farmers airfield is directly west across the river from the small town with the roundabout. I flew in to 7WA3 from 2W3. I wasn't sure I was going to be able to get the RV-7 in there, but I had grass to spare. I love the approach over the river from the south. I'm going to be flying here a lot. I also love how Orbx is adding traffic lights now to their scenery.

jpmouse
June 28th, 2012, 02:06
As per the readme, though it was the first airfield I spotted flying down the valley, the Farmers airfield is directly west across the river from the small town with the roundabout. I flew in to 7WA3 from 2W3. I wasn't sure I was going to be able to get the RV-7 in there, but I had grass to spare. I love the approach over the river from the south. I'm going to be flying here a lot. I also love how Orbx is adding traffic lights now to their scenery.

Thanks, I'll try to locate it again.

italoc
June 28th, 2012, 05:12

Thanks

JP

Here you are, JP

N48 53.07 - W122 19.73

Enjoy
Italo

jpmouse
June 29th, 2012, 02:23
Here you are, JP

N48 53.07 - W122 19.73

Enjoy
Italo

Thanks Italo, and thanks, Sundog. I found it. My trouble was that I was expecting it to be farther away from the Nooksack River. Very nice field and scenery. Al 3 of the strips are interesting and a great addition for me since I live in the heart of the PNW ORBX airports. Almost all of them are within 150 miles. In fact the Everson addition is only 8 miles away. (I was tempted to drive there to find Farmer's field. LOL)

Thanks again and happy flying!

JP

griphos
June 29th, 2012, 09:38
Now this is lovely scenery! Perfect for the low and slow flying I mostly do. The river is beautifully done. I love the nice touch of flashing railroad crossing lights (even if they are a bit too bright), and the airports are superb. Riverside has an incredibly challenging approach from the west! Trees right in the way, and power lines just beyond them. And the tree line at the eastern edge is no piece of cake for takeoff in that direction either!

The farmer's strip has a great Lake pulled up to the shore of the river near the western threshold.

I love all the ag equipment scattered throughout the fields as well, and the granary (I suppose it is) at trackside all make this scenery come alive. Feels almost like actually flying. Perfect for the Cub (or the new little freeware Ercoupe I just flew around the area in).

Roger
June 29th, 2012, 10:28
Yep, I'm flying the Alabeo Ag truck from there and it's a great little relaxing field.:engel016:

imn2sims
June 29th, 2012, 12:56
Yep, I'm flying the Alabeo Ag truck from there and it's a great little relaxing field.:engel016: I hope you're having as much fun as I am trying to "hone" your spraying skills. Steve

tomford
July 7th, 2012, 17:46
i landed my cub to get fuel... at least they had fun with it

Tom

heywooood
July 7th, 2012, 19:00
i landed my cub to get fuel... at least they had fun with it

Tom

Fun??!

Here in San Diego those are the actual gas prices

jpmouse
July 8th, 2012, 00:47
Yep, I'm flying the Alabeo Ag truck from there and it's a great little relaxing field.:engel016:

Great minds think alike!! LOL I based my AG Truck out of the Farmers Field and am having a ball 'polluting' all the nearby fields. I had a friend come by yesterday to learn about what flight simulation is all about and I demo'd with the AG to start with out of FF. He went all gaga on me and rushed out to get started with flight simulation. When I started with Flight sims almost 30 years ago, they were wire-frame models in B&W. I was thrilled then, and still thrilled today. Great fun, great stress relief, educational, social interaction long before Twitter and Facebook, inexpensive (compared to, say, golf), coupled with something "new" to play:jump: with every day of the year. Wow! What a rush.

OK, enough cheering. :applause: Back to crop dusting for a while and then a leisurely flight in my Citation X to Mexico City.

Cheers