PDA

View Full Version : Admins! I am on a distinguished road. So there.

hairyspin
June 26th, 2012, 11:18
I am on a distinguished road, says a small green blob above my avatar. :mix-smi: So are lots of other people.

Really? Wot does it mean? Or is this some Facebook-related nonsense I can happily ignore?

hawkeye52
June 26th, 2012, 12:24
Hairyspin, y'all read-my-mind!

Don'tya just LOVE IT when these li'l gizmos show up without an explanation?

- H52

Willy
June 26th, 2012, 12:28
Looks like a new feature included in the last forums software upgrade.

Looks like I'm going offroad! :icon_lol:

TeaSea
June 26th, 2012, 14:56
You've come up positive.

Roger
June 26th, 2012, 15:20
If you're on an undistinguished road do you:
a. Need to clean your glasses
b. Wipe your gps screen

hawkeye52
June 26th, 2012, 16:26
Great fun, fellas.

:stop:

However, WHAT does the thing mean?

- h52

hey_moe
June 26th, 2012, 17:07
What the green dot stands for is >> SOHCV. Once you get it you have it forever. BTW, in case some of you old fart don't know what that means>> Sim Out House Cootie Virus.

hawkeye52
June 26th, 2012, 17:19
I know what a cootie is & I know what a virus is.
I DO NOT know what a "cootie virus" is.

Kindly explain THAT to this old fart. :mix-smi:

- H52

napamule
June 26th, 2012, 17:25
Here is a picture of that virus (blown up 1000x times). If you right click and choose 'Download Picture' you MIGHT be able to see what it's all about.
Chuck B
Napamule

aeromed202
June 26th, 2012, 20:20
I'm too old to be pregnant.

Toastmaker
June 27th, 2012, 06:19
I know what a cootie is & I know what a virus is.
I DO NOT know what a "cootie virus" is.

Kindly explain THAT to this old fart. :mix-smi:

- H52

Well, cootie Viruses are fully explained in those old Army films they showed recruits.

By the way - I don't see these things above your avatars. . . I been cheated !!

:running:

hairyspin
June 28th, 2012, 13:13
I should like a second opinion doctor, the blob has disappeared. Does this mean I have now lost my way?? Weird. :isadizzy:

napamule
June 28th, 2012, 14:24
Oh, come on guys. For crying out loud. It's not a virus. It's probably a 'programming' 'typo' by the mods in trying to set up that 'green' dot that when 'on' indicates that that person is 'Online'. That's all it is (or was 'intended' to be). No skeletons. No cutties. No virus. No 'road'. Not even an 'Attitude_Positive' indicater anymore (aparently). So if you are 'Inline' that is Good. If you are 'Online' that is also a Good thing. But you can't be both (hehe).
Chuck B
Napamule
(Since I 'solved' this 'problem' - what did I win?)

Toastmaker
June 29th, 2012, 12:27
All joking aside, I've seen other forums operated via vBulletin that have that feature. Generally, it's a rating tool tied to posters giving each other "good reps" or "bad reps" which adjusts the targeted poster's rating up or down - depending upon how it's set up.

Does this sound like something teenagers and bored slackers like ? Yes - exactly. That's the kind of forums that use it. Probably slipped onto ours temporarily by accident of manipulating an upgrade, or something.

Don't get too depressed, Hairyspin - you're probably still marginally acceptable here. . .

:running:

Rich
June 29th, 2012, 20:26
There is already a online green light capability next to your user name, it would be interesting to know what the other green blob was/was for.

TeaSea
July 1st, 2012, 06:39
Not before taking your anti-biotic though........