PDA

View Full Version : First of many simple and dumb questions

binarkansas
June 26th, 2012, 11:01
I have read, looked, tried all options while in the sim...........I can't believe I can't find the answer, but there it is.

I fly exclusively in VC. I am using Lionheart's Tailwind. I want to set the vc view and have it stay set. I know I am at a disadvantage, having never learned FSX, I have it and have tried more than once to use it, but after suffering through several attempted flights with jerky movement and stutters, no autogen and a lot of frustration I took it off my computer. So, it want mean anything to me if you reference FSX, however I do know FS9 fairly well. In fs9, I have a joystick button set to return to reset the eyepoint vc view. I adjust this view with settings in the aircraft and panel cfg files. I have tried setting the eyepoint views with the panel cfg in prepar and no joy at all.

So how do I set a default VC view in prepar and how do I set a button to return to that view????

Hope this makes at least a little sense. I've been reading and fooling with this for about thirty minutes and my frustration level is almost as high as it was back 16 years ago when I was still working for a living!!!

Thanks in advance

Barry

cthiggin
June 26th, 2012, 11:43
Barry,
It was a stickler for me several years ago. Like FSX, you need to go into the Controls Area in P3d, Buttons/Keys - Views - by scrolling down you will see quite a few views with panning etc. Find the outside spot view and ASSIGN A JOYSTICK BUTTON to it. Now, when you click that button, it will take you to the view you're after. You can do several views like that. OR, you can purchase EZdoc camera and have a field day.
Hope this helps.
cthiggin

AussieMan
June 26th, 2012, 16:50
One way I use to set my eye view is tho select a default aircraft (in my case the Carenado 172) and use the SHIFT/ENTER keys to raise my eyeview to what I want then save it as my default flight. I believe there is a way you can set it in the aircraft.cfg.

If I can find it I will post it here.

binarkansas
June 26th, 2012, 18:49
I appreciate the effort guys, but I think I might not have made clear what I am trying to do. I can save the flight so when it opens it has the view I want. I'm in the VC with a decent view the windshield and of most of the instruments, I fly mostly from this view. All is good, the problem is when I pan to look around, there is no way I can reset the view to the what it was, without the hit or miss method using the hat switch (pan). (In fs9 the space bar would do this) I want to be able to reset the eyepoint as it is at the start. In prepar, the spacebar will reset the eye point, but it resets it to some default view, in my case the default view is panned up about 20 degrees. How do I change this default view in the VC that the sim goes to when you hit the space bar?

This should be a simple thing to do, but I can't find it addressed in the learning center or in the setting options during the simulation.

Lionheart
June 26th, 2012, 19:30
Hey Binarkansas,

I feel your pain. The problem is that when the sim starts, thats what you get, per the platform and how the core of the sim is set to start. Some things will not be set back when you restart. But, amazingly, they do store TONS and TONS of settings in the FLT (saved flight) files. But default startup even with a saved flight, will have you pointing dead ahead, default vision point, etc.

When I start a flight, I poke the Num-Key-5 button and that goes to dead front, then two taps of Num Pad 2 key to see all of the panel. I would love to be able to set up my view 'default' as being slightly down. You could do this in 2D panel mode in FS2004, but FSX and P3D are a horse of a different color.

You deleted the Tailwind!!!!! arrgh... (sniff... ) (wipes the tear away.. )

What a wild ride she was, a roadster for the skies... arrghh......

Lionheart
June 26th, 2012, 19:36
By the way, with planes that have tall noses (tail draggers) when on the ground, to see over the cowling (like you would in a real plane), you would normally raise yourself up on the seat and stretch to see over the panel.

In FSX and P3D, you simply hit Shift / Return a couple of times, maybe 3 taps, and you are looking over the cowling. Its just a couple of taps, so its no big deal. You can easily move your view point around in the seat, then tap Num Pad 5 to go back to center front. Shift / Control / Return and Shift / Control / Delete will move you left and right. Up and down is Shift / Delete and Shift / Return.

Oh, and Delete is on my Apple keyboard. On yours, I think its Backspace.

I used to fly with TrackIR until its updates made it impossible to fly. Tuning it didnt bring back any smoothness. I havent used it in a year. Its easy enough to tap the Num Key pads then deal with that mess.

Hope that helps.

Bill

Dangerous Beans
June 26th, 2012, 22:42
As cthiggin mentioned EZdoc camera will do exactly what you want.
If you've ever used Active Camera in FS9 its a lot like that only better.

binarkansas
June 27th, 2012, 04:23
Lionheart,

I would never delete the Tailwind!! Over the years I've loaded and deleted FSX a few times. I am still enjoying the Tailwind in FS9 and if I can figure this view thing out, I'll even finish a flight in her in prepar one of these days.

Everyone: Thanks for the replies.

Barry

vgbaron
June 28th, 2012, 09:22
I appreciate the effort guys, but I think I might not have made clear what I am trying to do. I can save the flight so when it opens it has the view I want. I'm in the VC with a decent view the windshield and of most of the instruments, I fly mostly from this view. All is good, the problem is when I pan to look around, there is no way I can reset the view to the what it was, without the hit or miss method using the hat switch (pan). (In fs9 the space bar would do this) I want to be able to reset the eyepoint as it is at the start. In prepar, the spacebar will reset the eye point, but it resets it to some default view, in my case the default view is panned up about 20 degrees. How do I change this default view in the VC that the sim goes to when you hit the space bar?

This should be a simple thing to do, but I can't find it addressed in the learning center or in the setting options during the simulation.

If I understand you correctly - have you tried CTRL SPACEBAR?

Vic

n4gix
June 28th, 2012, 10:59
If I understand you correctly - have you tried CTRL SPACEBAR?

Vic

Evidently not. Oddly enough I was just about to suggest **** since it's clearly mentioned...

Ctrl-Spacebar is my best friend! :sheep: