PDA

View Full Version : Excuse me but

Gogo
June 26th, 2012, 03:31
In all manuals speak over retractable landing gears. In my plane this part is fixed and I want the tire be the part to compress upwards into the spats.
How can rename my parts to abtain this resoult. Sorry I am dangling in this point. I suppose, I must call the principal part like R_Gear_1 in the right side and so

Milton Shupe
June 26th, 2012, 07:01
In all manuals speak over retractable landing gears. In my plane this part is fixed and I want the tire be the part to compress upwards into the spats.
How can rename my parts to abtain this resoult. Sorry I am dangling in this point. I suppose, I must call the principal part like R_Gear_1 in the right side and so

Attached is a sample of gear that retracts, has oleo suspension, and has "still" and "blurred" tires.

I have highlighted the "Makemdl" required names for FS9 but do not know the names for CFS 3. YOu should have teh CFS3 Makemdl SDK for proper naming conventions.

I show the hierarchy of the parent/child relationships for all the animation. In this case, r_tire_blurred and r_tire_still are the names that allow the wheels and tires to show depending on speed of rotation.

And for your information, r_gear_top is animated to retract,
r_gear_bottom is the oleo suspension animated up and down,
r_tire_still is for slow turning tires, and
r_gear_blurred is for fast turning of tires.

Gogo
June 26th, 2012, 08:05
Attached is a sample of gear that retracts, has oleo suspension, and has "still" and "blurred" tires.

I have highlighted the "Makemdl" required names for FS9 but do not know the names for CFS 3. YOu should have teh CFS3 Makemdl SDK for proper naming conventions.

I show the hierarchy of the parent/child relationships for all the animation. In this case, r_tire_blurred and r_tire_still are the names that allow the wheels and tires to show depending on speed of rotation.

And for your information, r_gear_top is animated to retract,
r_gear_bottom is the oleo suspension animated up and down,
r_tire_still is for slow turning tires, and
r_gear_blurred is for fast turning of tires.

Thanks, really, some names are new for me in cfs3, then I must look for more information, because my tires havenīt oleoneumatic suspension, perhaps I must put It.68141

hairyspin
June 26th, 2012, 10:56
In CFS3 the animated parts of the landing gear are named

l_gear, l_gear_1, l_gear_2 etc,
r_gear, r_gear_1, etc,
c_gear, c_gear_1, etc

which are keyframe animated. The tyres are named like in FS9 and only need the pivot points correctly positioned and aligned: CFS3 generates the turning animations itself.

All of which is documented in the CFS3 Aircraft and Vehicle SDK (http://www.microsoft.com/games/combatfs3/cfs3_sdk.aspx) which you'll need before you go much further. There is an error in the SDK which suggests you can use names like Milton has used for his FS9 model but be assured they won't work! Use the names as listed above.

Good to see someone new having a crack at CFS3 modelling. If you need anything, just yell! :wavey:

Gogo
June 26th, 2012, 13:44
In CFS3 the animated parts of the landing gear are named

l_gear, l_gear_1, l_gear_2 etc,
r_gear, r_gear_1, etc,
c_gear, c_gear_1, etc

which are keyframe animated. The tyres are named like in FS9 and only need the pivot points correctly positioned and aligned: CFS3 generates the turning animations itself.

All of which is documented in the CFS3 Aircraft and Vehicle SDK (http://www.microsoft.com/games/combatfs3/cfs3_sdk.aspx) which you'll need before you go much further. There is an error in the SDK which suggests you can use names like Milton has used for his FS9 model but be assured they won't work! Use the names as listed above.

Good to see someone new having a crack at CFS3 modelling. If you need anything, just yell! :wavey:

Thanks, I am beguinner.I'm starting on this, and everything I do causes doubts in the next step. I hope not to be an annoying bug in this great forum. Really I want to be a modeller in gmax like I am with my kits. thanks again.

Milton Shupe
June 26th, 2012, 13:51
Thanks, I am beguinner.I'm starting on this, and everything I do causes doubts in the next step. I hope not to be an annoying bug in this great forum. Really I want to be a modeller in gmax like I am with my kits. thanks again.

This forum is here to help anyone with a question. It is the reason that it exists. Do not hesitate to ask. :-)

Gogo
June 26th, 2012, 15:48
This forum is here to help anyone with a question. It is the reason that it exists. Do not hesitate to ask. :-)

Thanks Milton, Gmax is so hard to understand alone. The hierarchies for example, I link one object to other but donīt see
in the list like I want.

My list:
A correct list:

I think I must make a mistake before.

Milton Shupe
June 26th, 2012, 19:36
Thanks Milton, Gmax is so hard to understand alone. The hierarchies for example, I link one object to other but donīt see
in the list like I want.

My list:
A correct list:

I think I must make a mistake before.

When you do lists, you must select the proper display options to see the hierarchy. Otherwise they are listed alphabetically. See attached.

Gogo
June 27th, 2012, 02:35
When you do lists, you must select the proper display options to see the hierarchy. Otherwise they are listed alphabetically. See attached.

I know those comands, but the list show in the same way, and the unhide by name in the display case, donīt appear in color white.
Can the groups of pieces create some problems?
Iīm sorry. I am started, and although I am fully capable of designing anything, the issue of hierarchies prepare for their exports is tedious.
But donīt worry about it. I am notice my poor lenguage is quite limitate to show exactly what happen in this moment. I look for a solution and if I canīt solved the problem, I will try to ask again.
Thanks a lot, and best regards.

Dev One
June 27th, 2012, 23:26
There are a couple of Icons top left that have a couple of blocks, one linked with a chain, the other with it broken. You need to highlight the item to be linked, then press the link icon followed by the name in the listing to which you want to link. This item should change to white outline when its made. Very Important - after doing one link is to then change the link icon for say the arrow icon, otherwise the next item you hit will also be linked!
I find that it is sometimes possible to link items by just highlighting one, then hitting the link icon followed by highlighting the one to be linked to, but its not always reliable, so use the listing for consistency.
HTH
Keith

Milton Shupe
July 6th, 2012, 15:47
Pablo,

Did you resolve the problem?