PDA

View Full Version : No news is good news. :)

Lionheart
June 24th, 2012, 21:27
In my time in business, on both ends, I have learned one thing. No news can be very good news. I believe P3D for most is running smoothly along. No complaints, no asking for advice on setting things up, no comments on frame rates. Yep, some had some issues, but very few.

Great to see this.

:applause:

billythe
June 25th, 2012, 01:51
yeah but unfortunately seems developer don't give much attention to prepar3d...for now....but i like very much how look prepar3d ...at least with my ati card sceneries looks really better than fsx...seems a completely different simulation.

kjb
June 25th, 2012, 01:59
I think developers are coming around. Supporting P3D really isn't a major leap at this time. It think (could be wrong) that it's more about installers than actual compatibility. It seems that more developers are responding to the question about P3D support that they're are at least looking into it, if not working on it.

Dave Torkington
June 25th, 2012, 02:43
In my time in business, on both ends, I have learned one thing. No news can be very good news. I believe P3D for most is running smoothly along. No complaints, no asking for advice on setting things up, no comments on frame rates. Yep, some had some issues, but very few.

Great to see this.

:applause:

Agree totally Bill, but I think the switch from FSX to P3D will be real slow because it simply isn't the monumental change that FS8 was to FS9 and FS9 was to FS10. Also, because their existing favourite FSX default aircraft / Addons don't always install to P3D easily and flawlessly, [F-18 for example] they'd rather say 'better the devil we know' and stick with FSX. Agree totally with the above comments about developers too.

Personally, I love P3D and use it 80% of the time. I only switch back to FSX for developing scenery and [currently] flying the Sim Skunk Works Harrier [Propellor Axis config. doesn't work properly in P3D yet so I don't get full nozzle travel].

Only for this P3D forum and comments here did I investigate for myself and finally take the plunge.

Dave. :salute:

Lionheart
June 25th, 2012, 07:48
Roger that Dave.

Its slowly getting there. Cant happen over night...

Scenery does appear much nicer. Especially Alaska...

Bill

kjb
June 25th, 2012, 08:06
I think it's the color in P3D vs FSX. The color in FSX looks a bit washed out. In P3D it seems like the colors are more saturated, especially reds.

Lionheart
June 26th, 2012, 08:12
Roger that, KJB.

I was landing at Woodburne in New Zealand yesterday, and some of the different colors of grass were so real looking, super bright green, like they had just mowed the fields, that kind of intense green.

Nice.... :)

nio
June 26th, 2012, 11:46
The key thing for me is that this is an active project. I would love progress to be a little faster but even the prospect of some steady progress in development draws me.

best

nio

AussieMan
June 26th, 2012, 16:43
There has been some discussion on the ORBX forums regarding a V1.4 as an update to what we now have. The one thing I would like to see fixed is the AI traffic be it default or addon traffic like the FTXAI traffic.

modelr
June 26th, 2012, 17:41
I wish the ATC window could be made transparent like in FSX.

I also don't like the nearly complete reload of scenery and mesh everytime I check the map or any other quick look item from the menu.

Lionheart
June 26th, 2012, 19:49
The key thing for me is that this is an active project. I would love progress to be a little faster but even the prospect of some steady progress in development draws me.

best Nio

I am loving it. They listen to our requests and are nice about talking with us about things.

I had read how the person in charge of the project / Department was talking about how they were nervous about the 1.3 update release. The exe package was over 1,000,000 lines of code. They wanted it to be perfect with no flaws. A very big deal to them. I definately know how that goes being into software addons and tons of gauge XML. Small bugs can mess things up. They are, from what I have gathered, working very hard to make things really nice on this sim.

I wish the ATC window could be made transparent like in FSX.

I also don't like the nearly complete reload of scenery and mesh everytime I check the map or any other quick look item from the menu.

Just hit 'Cancel' on the map page. ;) I learned that real quick, lol....

It would be nice to have the ATC window adjustable to be semi transparent.