PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy of flight extra water tower

FSX68
June 24th, 2012, 17:02
How do I get rid of the extra water tower in the new Fantasy of flight scenery?68065

Bomber_12th
June 24th, 2012, 17:25
Rich, it looks as if you still had my Fantasy of Flight scenery installed, from when I put files up before Dimus started on the project, when you installed Dimus' scenery over it. You'll want to delete the Fantasy of Flight folder and files completey, and then install the Fantasy of Flight folder from Dimus' files again. (Right now, in your screenshot, there is a doubling of the original FOF and the new FOF scenery, as well as not the correct/new ramps and taxiways, etc.)

Dimus
June 24th, 2012, 23:35
What John said exactly, check also my reply on the sticky.

FSX68
June 25th, 2012, 10:48
Rich, it looks as if you still had my Fantasy of Flight scenery installed, from when I put files up before Dimus started on the project, when you installed Dimus' scenery over it. You'll want to delete the Fantasy of Flight folder and files completey, and then install the Fantasy of Flight folder from Dimus' files again. (Right now, in your screenshot, there is a doubling of the original FOF and the new FOF scenery, as well as not the correct/new ramps and taxiways, etc.)

John,

I think I understand your fix but just so you know, in your files, you had the original ones listed and so I did a seach for them ( found and deleted them) then with Dimas FOF addon,
one tower remained but it looked like a 2nd red top light was all that was left from the other tower. I guess I will need a surgeons hand in order to completly remove the default
FA08 from FSX so that the new one from DInus will prevail. I found the four original files (your provided) in the Scenery directory but there is no FA08 folder; just those original files in your fix.
So, I put in Dimus FOF in the Add on Secenry directory. I found some of the default FA08 is in another directory (Scenery); so how do I thoroughly remove all of the default FA08 files?

Dimus
June 25th, 2012, 11:19
richoday,

you don't need to remove any default files. There are exclusions in the scenery files that take care of this.

The best way would be the following:

1. Open your scenery library and deactivate and remove any scenery called "Fantasy of flight".
2. Go to your addon scenery folder and delete any such folders
3. Reinstall my scenery files according to the readme.