PDA

View Full Version : I have some strange friends ....... !

wombat666
December 29th, 2008, 08:02
One of my very old friends (Tony Osbourne, raced in the Tasman series in the middle '60s!) owns a very snooty establishment titled 'The Delage Garage'.
He and his band of elves restore and refurbish elderly 'French' classic cars, at a handsome profit indeed.
Tony decided to build his own version of a 1920 something 'Super Car' and certainly succeeded!!!!!!
It started life as a genuine Delage D8SS touring car, but had mostly rotted away until the only solid pieces left were the chassis and running gear.
Onto this 144" wheelbase chassis Tony's little helpers built a two seat roadster body, all beaten and rolled aluminium.
Now think about it, a 12' chassis and only 2 seats ...... wretched excess!
As a suitable Delage powerplant was either too expensive or difficult to find, the elves ferreted around and found an Hispano Suiza V8 of the correct vintage, except it's 27 litres cranks out around 220+HP at some 2500RPM and in a previous life it lived in either a SPAD 13 or similar late WW.I fighter.
This thing covers about 100 metres each time the engine fires ........!!!
It is the most fun I've had with my clothes on for many a year.
Long live the Tony Osbournes of this World.
:friday::applause::friday:

Ferry_vO
December 29th, 2008, 12:27
Sounds like something Jay Leno would like.... ;)

Cazzie
December 29th, 2008, 14:06
That is gorgeous! :ernae:

Caz

demorier
December 29th, 2008, 16:27
Hope those old drum brakes work good.....looks like they will need to. Interesting looking thing.

wombat666
December 29th, 2008, 17:27
Hope those old drum brakes work good.....looks like they will need to. Interesting looking thing.

They work pretty well all things considered.
A little planning ahead is in order, about 500M of 'planning ahead!'
Calf muscles the size of an ARL player help the retardation process.
:kilroy:

grunau_baby
December 29th, 2008, 23:43
Wonderful restoration work, gotta love that engine!!! Is there a spare one for my wife´s car???:costumes:

Alex

IanP
December 30th, 2008, 08:35
It looks very similar to the old racing Bentleys that I loved when I was younger. Lovely car and as has already been said, a nice restoration.

Has anyone seen a classic racing add-on for RFactor anywhere? I'm sure one was planned at some point.

Ian P.

Ferry_vO
December 30th, 2008, 12:29
There's a Merc W196, and there's "Gasoline alley" with classic indycars. Try rFactorcentral for both.

:)