PDA

View Full Version : Twin Otter

PRB
June 24th, 2012, 07:35
I love this plane (Aerosoft DHC-6.) It's difficult to get much cooler than throttles on the ceiling. That's just good stuff right there. And there is a “fair to Odessa” chance that I rode in this very plane at one time, in 1980-1981ish. But. What's the deal with the radios? I can't tune them. The manual says to click on the knobs below the frequency display, but that has no effect. Was there a patch that I missed, or do I need a (or another...) dunce hat?

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p575/GHJ9854/FS/TwinOtter2.jpg

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p575/GHJ9854/FS/TwinOtter1.jpg

DaveWG
June 24th, 2012, 07:50
I don't know what version you have, but the latest update is 1.11.

Radios tune fine using the mouse wheel. Clicking seems to have no effect.

PRB
June 24th, 2012, 08:15
Ha! The mouse wheel! That works. Thanks Dave! Now off to find that dunce hat...

big-mike
June 24th, 2012, 08:23
The latest version is V1.20
Michael

DaveWG
June 24th, 2012, 08:26
Is it? I just logged on to my account & it's showing 1.11 as the latest :isadizzy:

Naismith
June 24th, 2012, 09:16
“fair to Odessa”
That's a new one on me, google shows nothing, whats the origin?

Sundog
June 24th, 2012, 09:21
Is that the one that's been out for a while, or is that the all new totally remodeled version?

Edit: OK, I just went to the Aerosoft forum and the new Twin Otter won't be out for a couple of months. FYI, It's called the, "FSX Extended Twin otter."

PRB
June 24th, 2012, 09:24
“fair to Odessa”
That's a new one on me, google shows nothing, whats the origin?

Just something silly I picked up. The saying is "fair to midling", which always sounds like "Midland" when people say it, which is close to, so and so, almost at, Odessa, see? LOL. I'm not normal... :)

As to the Aerosoft Otter, I have version 2.0. The aircraft.cfg for the -300 wheel version says version 3.00, the -100 ski version says v1.9. The others say v2.0

Aircanuck
June 24th, 2012, 09:36
....reading the Aerosoft website recently and with a dedicated crew hard at ,me thinks a fall delivery of this beauty may be realistic ??

"can't wait"

Daveroo
June 24th, 2012, 09:56
i wonder if the ("FSX Extended Twin otter.") will be an all new plane?..or an upgrade?...mebbe i should take sometime i dont seem to have these days and look?...or whut?

big-mike
June 24th, 2012, 10:28
It is not the new model.
As far as i know,the new upcoming Twotter will be completely redone-----but i`m not sure.
Michael

falcon409
June 24th, 2012, 10:55
Just something silly I picked up. The saying is "fair to midling", which always sounds like "Midland" when people say it, which is close to, so and so, almost at, Odessa, see? LOL. I'm not normal... :). . . . . . .
Shoot PRB, all this time (lived in Texas for 44 years now) I always thought it was "Fair ta Midland", lol. . . .I never had occasion to use it, but at least now I can correct myself if I ever do, lol :salute:

Milton Shupe
June 24th, 2012, 16:18
Just something silly I picked up. The saying is "fair to midling", which always sounds like "Midland" when people say it, which is close to, so and so, almost at, Odessa, see? LOL. I'm not normal... :)

Well, you are right about the 20 miles, with KMAF and "FIFI" right in the "middle-ish". Both cities are approx. 100K in population, Odessa being more at "blue collar" oil field business related and Midland more at "white collar" oil field business related.