PDA

View Full Version : Print screen with Acceleration

hinch
December 29th, 2008, 06:49
I recently purchased the acceleration pack and I'm having a problem using the print screen button.

I've taken a fair few shots in FSX already but now all I'm getting is a plain black - or if a window behind is open - a picture of another application.

This doesn't happen in windowed mode, only full screen.

i don't have a problem with other games, I can take screenshots in Colin Mcrae Dirt or Far Cry 2.

The program i paste into also doesn't make a difference. Whether I use Paint or Photoshop CS4 32 or 64 bit.

I'm using Windows Vista 64 Premium.

Has anyone else had this problem?

MCDesigns
December 29th, 2008, 06:57
Try hitting the "V" key. that should save your images to C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\My Pictures\Flight Simulator X Files by default

Cazzie
December 29th, 2008, 07:16
I normally use FSScreen, but even it will only give me a black screen in FSX if I am in Preview DX10 mode. I have no problem with FSScreen in DX9 mode in FSX. For DX10 captures, I use FRAPS.

Thanks for the hint on the "V" key MC, I shall give that a try. :applause:

Caz

hinch
December 29th, 2008, 07:17
Hmm I use DX9 mode, DX10 has loads of weird stuff going on with flickers and things.

I will try the V key, thanks!

Buddha13
December 29th, 2008, 08:16
Hi,
Are you using Vista.I have found that with Vista and the newer graphics drivers from Nvidea I get the same thing happening.I have also heard it happens with ATI cards as well.Have tried several screenshot programs all giving me a black screen.

Buddha13

jankees
December 29th, 2008, 10:18
I had the same problem, and then one day...voila, problem disappeared. Never knew what was going on...