PDA

View Full Version : New "Missions" for 2009

gera
December 29th, 2008, 05:47
Many simmers have written me about my "FSAdventureSky" flights and have asked me when I would make more "Missions".....I like the "Open" structure of "Flights" since I have always thought they are more challenging---- well I might be wrong!!!!!!!--- I spent the last month or so fooling around with the Mission SDK and have finally "gotten" the "feeling" of this horrendous dis-articulated procedure which was probably conceived in a "booze-induced" nightmare!!!!!!!......anyway, I have been able to make a mission with animations, sounds and intricate situations!!!!!......and it looks Nice!!!!!!!!..........I guess that now I am liking it and probably some of you will too....So, after finishing a second one just for myself last night and checking and re-checking it over and flying it twice I have desided:
---That for 2009 I will be making both "Missions" and "Flights" but....Missions:bs: in larger numbers:kilroy::kilroy:.........Thatīs it, over and out...............:sleep::sleep:

italoc
December 29th, 2008, 05:57
:applause::applause::applause:

Italo

gera
December 29th, 2008, 06:00
:applause::applause::applause:

Italo

Grazzie Italoc......sei Italiano?.....Auguri in 2009!!!!..Viva Italia!!!!!:applause::applause:

beatle
December 29th, 2008, 08:40
Hey Gera,

As I've explained to a couple of groups in the past, you can't approach mission development from a prodecural programming point of view (I'm horrible at writing missions :-> ). Unless he's a very flexible person, you probably don't want the guy who does your gauges and custom system simulations to do the missions.

You need to approach the mission system from the mindset of storyboarding, script writing, game concept design, etc - basically, I figure the folks who would be best at creating missions are the folks who create the machinima using FS9/FSX (or at least folks who think similarly :-> ).

That's not to say a procedural guy can't learn the system and create great missions, he's just going to have a steeper learning curve wrapping his mind around certain things, although he'll probably be better at creating custom mission extensions (via SimConnect) :->.

NSS
December 29th, 2008, 10:03
Missions are for me...:ernae:

gera
December 30th, 2008, 05:52
Hey Gera,

As I've explained to a couple of groups in the past, you can't approach mission development from a prodecural programming point of view (I'm horrible at writing missions :-> ). Unless he's a very flexible person, you probably don't want the guy who does your gauges and custom system simulations to do the missions.

You need to approach the mission system from the mindset of storyboarding, script writing, game concept design, etc - basically, I figure the folks who would be best at creating missions are the folks who create the machinima using FS9/FSX (or at least folks who think similarly :-> ).

That's not to say a procedural guy can't learn the system and create great missions, he's just going to have a steeper learning curve wrapping his mind around certain things, although he'll probably be better at creating custom mission extensions (via SimConnect) :->.

Hola Beatle......I like to write,draw, make models, play and work. Have been fooling around software and hardware for 38 years and you do have a point. Writing missions is not programming its just a bunch of steps with "GOTOs" and "Where or What now" in between plus "actions" here and there....But, whoever put the SDK together must have had a really bad night......look at the "Mission programs" that have come around, they are indeed much more friendly and have much better logic at approaching the outcome....anyways, I finally have the feeling and as all "programming" I have done in my time, I can now "swing" in there finding a trick here and another there and somewhat smiling while doing so. I have just finished a 5 step Mission which starts at an airport goes to another then into a highway and.......(???)...I have weather changing several times (?) , added some AI traffic, moving cars, talk, music etc.....maybe youīll see it, a little modified, in the regular sites later in 2009.........

cheezyflier
December 30th, 2008, 06:36
i like flying missions. i hope y'all will make some for the dc-3 and the cub.
but please, remember us folks with low-end computers. for example, the rocket launch air cover mission in fsx. no matter what i do, it can't be completed. i have practically landed on the guy with the cessna and he never lands

gera
December 30th, 2008, 07:51
i like flying missions. i hope y'all will make some for the dc-3 and the cub.
but please, remember us folks with low-end computers. for example, the rocket launch air cover mission in fsx. no matter what i do, it can't be completed. i have practically landed on the guy with the cessna and he never lands

Hi cheezyflier.....
You are so right, most Missions being placed up are usually for high end PCīs.
Thatīs one of the reasons I like to make " Free Flight Adventure Fligths"...any PC runs them just fine. As I said above, after getting to know the intricacies of the Missions FDK, I will make more of them in 2009, but as you say thinking about all Pcīs......you can really make them "heavy" with all kinds of detrimental outcome for low-end PCīs..... I also love the the DC-3 and many old jobs......got you!!! ....let me see where we can go with a DC3................
------------------
Conrad Booklyon, for hire adventure Pilot without a job sat on his "Mountain Stripper" DC3 cold cockpit eagerly reading the telegram in his hand, it said-- " Dear Sir, as you probably know, aviation is growing by the day in this 1938 summer. It has been reported that the "Black Goose", the well known villan aviator of Mystery Island has again striken some jungle outposts, causing havoc and much strain, to say the least.....We require the services of well known pilots like yourself to once and for all find the Mystery Island, and deliver "special devastating packages" to Mr. Black Goose.......if interested contact the phone below".....Conrad felt a huge smile filling his face..
_____

Dr. Fourland Specklefurz ran to his Piper Cub hoping he would get to the mountain where the DC-3 had crashed. He knew that his little plane could get him into the deep valley where the wreck laid with many wounded.......Anna, his loving wife ran after him shouting " Boobly, Boobly!!!!! take the thermus, itīs got hot coffee for the long flight!!!!!".........Fouland jumped in the Cub started the engine and waited for the coffee............

------------------------------------hummm.