PDA

View Full Version : Alabeo C188B AGTRUCK FSX Released.

Carbine1
June 21st, 2012, 13:13
http://www.alabeo.com/index.php

(http://www.alabeo.com/index.php)

Scratch
June 21st, 2012, 13:22
Beautiful job on that a/c!:applause:

YoYo
June 21st, 2012, 14:02
Good price - 20 $ !

Roger
June 21st, 2012, 14:41
I will have to buy it sooner or later...love the weird look of this type of aircraft. Looks great too!

Killbilly
June 21st, 2012, 14:45
Sweet! I've been waiting anxiously for this one. Unfortunately, I've got no time to fly until Monday; but I may have to buy today! Thanks for the heads-up.

heywooood
June 21st, 2012, 17:06
sure - just throw another one on my wish...pile

Raz Buckeye
Vertigo Stearman
Golden Age STA
Alabeo Su-26
Carenado Skymaster

and on it goes

...these Alabeo models are frikkin' exquisite from the aspect of their smoothness of form and finish, to their low FPS impact -yes?

Dain Arns
June 21st, 2012, 17:16
It's nice to have it with and without the spraying equipment.
Definitely a challenge using the spray version, with a full hopper and half a tank of gas on a warm day.
I made the mistake of trying a full hopper and full tanks first flight. :icon_lol:

Gradually got better the more I dusted.
Around 60% in the hopper, didn't feel as much stall buffeting on the turns with the force feedback stick. :icon_lol:
Really nice vortice effects for the spray too.

The version without the spray equipment makes for a good bush plane, and is rather fun to fly 'clean' as well.
It was a fair bargain at $20 to me.

bstolle
June 21st, 2012, 22:29
The research for the FDE development was a real eye opener as the POH already 'hinted' that this plane is almost unflyable at its restricted take off weight.
Restricted performance is an understatement!
Also rudder authority is noticable reduced at threepoint attitude (and higher) due to the large canopy.
A rather strange plane to look at and to fly....

skulleader
June 21st, 2012, 22:39
Hello,

I really love this new addon, the 3D model is perfect.
I've have a little question for the users of this addon:
I've find one small bug when I open the popup window Shift+2" and when I click on "Helmet Visor" switch at this moment I loose some parts of my C188B AGTRUCK.
Please can you tell me if you meet this bug ?

Here 2 screenshots of this bug without click on "Helmet Visor" and with click on " Helmet Visor":

A great thank's in advance for all, best regards. Olivier.

Barnes
June 21st, 2012, 22:56
Hi Skullleader

Yes im loving this too - these aircraft used to facinate me as a child.

Sorry - I dont get that problem - they guys visor just moves up.

Dexdoggy
June 21st, 2012, 23:35
This is an awesome little aircraft! I have just been whipping around the countryside near Caboolture in it... Wonderful!
Can't work out how to use the spray yet though; I only found limited docs?

Think I'm going to have to look at some Alabeo's other offerings :salute:

greenie
June 22nd, 2012, 05:26
Took this up and just let her fly whilst I clicked around the vc t o see what's what. Got up to 6000ft when I finished without realizing it .
The mixture is non functioning -just on or off . There is no NAV GPS , You can turn off the battery and alternater and that makes no difference . More importantly, I too can't find out how to get the spray working.

I like sitting in her and flying it but I do need to spray . Looks great and will be a lot of fun

greenie
June 22nd, 2012, 06:15
Got it to spray . It just occurred to me to use default "i" key - that works.

skulleader
June 22nd, 2012, 11:57
Hello,

I need your help to know the fonction of one lever named: "Switch Hooper".
Once in the cockpit, on your left side there's two levers, one for the flaps and one named "Switch Hooper", please anybody can explain to me the fonction of this lever ?

A great thank's in advance for your help, best regards. Olivier.

Roger
June 22nd, 2012, 12:18
Unfortunately they don't do Paypal so I'll have to wait until it's on other vendors sites.

imn2sims
June 22nd, 2012, 14:21
Looks very tempting indeed at that price. Could someone who has purchased please comment on whether or not an internet connection is necessary for activation? I try to avoid the internet on my FSX machine if possible. Thanks.

Steve

Agpilot25
June 23rd, 2012, 05:27
No internet is not required for activation you get a code to type in at install.

Agpilot25
June 23rd, 2012, 05:30
I got 2000 hours in a real cessna 188 and 3000 hrs. in an agcat said I would never sit in either one again after i went to a turbine thrush with air conditioning well it looks like I am going to be in one again LOL! Just had to purchase this.

Felixthreeone
June 23rd, 2012, 06:35
I got 2000 hours in a real cessna 188 and 3000 hrs. in an agcat said I would never sit in either one again after i went to a turbine thrush with air conditioning well it looks like I am going to be in one again LOL! Just had to purchase this.

...I would be very interested to hear what your thoughts are on the flight dynamics and overall feel. I believe that your experience level makes you an invaluable resource as to judging the accuracy of this model, and look forward to any kind of review or comments...

Agpilot25
June 23rd, 2012, 07:12
I have not had much time to mess with it but today is my first day off in a while. We are in the middle of our spraying season. I will fly it tonight see how it performs.

bushpilot
June 23rd, 2012, 08:37
This looks very intriguing, I may have to go get it. Just watched some crop dusting vids at youtube, and noticed this pilot uses flaps on turns:

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cK80ffBfRIg?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cK80ffBfRIg?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px">

(http://www.youtube.com/v/cK80ffBfRIg?version=3&feature=player_detailpage)</object>

BAT21
June 23rd, 2012, 09:07
... but only in the last part of the on turns :confused:

Cleartheprop
June 23rd, 2012, 09:24
This looks very intriguing, I may have to go get it. Just watched some crop dusting vids at youtube, and noticed this pilot uses flaps on turns:<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px">

(http://www.youtube.com/v/cK80ffBfRIg?version=3&feature=player_detailpage)</object>
Read on the Youtube page :

Question :

"How much better does it turn with the flaps on? When I flew an ag truck I never used flaps on turns, maybe I should if I get another chance to fly one."

Answer of the guy who posted the video: (seems to be the pilot actually)

"Any of the high-aspect wings turn better with flaps. The load, speed and radius of the turn determine how much to use."

bushpilot
June 23rd, 2012, 09:38
I couldn't resist it, crop dusters are my weak spot. I love this peculiar plane, model and textures are really high quality and capture the dirty rugged appearance nicely. FD is much better than the old Cera C188 had, it's challenging but fun to fly. Cockpit engine sound has a looping effect which could get annoying in the long run. And price is certainly nice.

Agpilot25
June 23rd, 2012, 09:56
This aircraft is great flys very close to the real one. Especially like how it flys as you get the load off it flys better and better like the real one. Flaps do help in a turn in the real one I only used flaps when I was heavily loaded in turns. The only ag plane I have flown where flaps are a must every turn is an air tractor if you don't use them it will take you 3 miles to turn around

bushpilot
June 24th, 2012, 01:58
I'm really having fun with this aircraft, it's actually pretty aerobatic for the lump it is. I could use some crop dusting dedicated sceneries, although I found nice 3D crop fields near OZx Mareeba:

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshots/images/632cd1.jpg

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshots/images/712cd2.jpg

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshots/images/311cd3.jpg

OleBoy
June 24th, 2012, 05:00
I'm really having fun with this aircraft, it's actually pretty aerobatic for the lump it is. I could use some crop dusting dedicated sceneries, although I found nice 3D crop fields near OZx Mareeba:

It looks to fit the part from seeing the shots. Although I have to agree. That photo real plantation you're flying over doesn't take well to pictures. The vegetation looks, very dated and unrealistic due to the methods used in creating it. It looks more like a salad :pop4:

bushpilot
June 24th, 2012, 05:38
Haha yeah, it does not withstand close scrutiny, but dusting it is a nice change to the flat FSX fields.

Daveroo
June 24th, 2012, 08:08
i havent gotten it yet,i love watching the crop dusters work in RL,used to drive out to the northern sacramento valley,near arbuckle/college city and watch them all day when i was a kid,to young to drink,to old to "play game" or so i thought,,so id go watch the crop dusters and have lunch near a town called Grimes,little place on the sacramento river sold awesome fries and a HUGE greezy ole burger,and had the cutest girl watress,,,,hehehehe,,,

anyway...id love to see some scenery for the sacramento valley along the interstate 5 coridor north of woodland.....lots of corn/rice and now wine grapes,,,a little known secret,,,most of all the so called napa wine grapes...are accually grown in the sacramento valley in the arbuckle area...aint that a stickler???

bushpilot
June 24th, 2012, 08:26
I remember watching AgTruck fertilizing nearby forests one summer when I was about five. It was exciting stuff seeing the plane skimming the trees. It used a narrow dirt road as a runway. Nowadays when ever they decide to fertilize the forests, they use eggbeaters instead of airplanes, which I think is pretty lame.

Sundog
June 24th, 2012, 09:17
Nice touch with the increased wind sound when you open the vent windows.

BAT21
June 24th, 2012, 11:48
hi
nice to see and nice to fly :)
I saw the back small wheel is always locked, Shift+G do not work
is a problem in my PC :frown:

cheers Marco

bushpilot
June 24th, 2012, 12:07
Tailwheel lock works on my end, on and off with Shift-G.

Try changing the tailwheel lock value in aircraft.cfg from 1 to 0

tailwheel_lock = 0

bstolle
June 24th, 2012, 12:31
According to the 188 POH controllability is better with the tailwheel unlocked anyway. The lock is only there to prevent tailwheel shimmy on a bad surface runway.

imn2sims
June 24th, 2012, 15:41
No internet is not required for activation you get a code to type in at install.

Thanks agpilot, off to D/L :running:

Steve

BAT21
June 24th, 2012, 22:24
Tailwheel lock works on my end, on and off with Shift-G.

tailwheel_lock = 0

thanks, I will try it :)

Walter
June 25th, 2012, 08:43
Video is out! Looks great, and the effects are amazing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uH1fSnYIRRo&feature=youtu.be

MarkH
June 25th, 2012, 09:02
Video is out! Looks great, and the effects are amazing!

Ooh, good video. Now I want to buy it!

Walter
June 25th, 2012, 09:33
Ooh, good video. Now I want to buy it!

ME TOO!

BAT21
June 25th, 2012, 10:30

tailwheel_lock = 0

it is very strange
I change "tailwheel_lock" from 1 to 0 and the wheel is always lock
also if I use Shift+G the wheel still remain locked
where is the trick :confused:

and I have one more question
as the magnetic compass is always close up usually I watch it as turn coordinator
but in this A188B the compass moves itself a little bit "slowly & firm" so I have to look down and check the small ball in the turn coordinator (losing the attention).
do you think is it possible to "speed up" the compass :)

in any case ... it is a very funny airplane to pilot :d

bstolle
June 25th, 2012, 11:39
it is very strange I change "tailwheel_lock" from 1 to 0 and the wheel is always lock also if I use Shift+G the wheel still remain locked where is the trick

Have you tried to use the tailwheel lock in the VC? (the T-handle behind the throttle) Does she turn with differential braking?

BTW, never ever heard of using the compass as a turn coordinator IRL....

griphos
June 25th, 2012, 12:18
Well, you haven't flown old taildraggers much then, I suppose. Using a whiskey compass as a turn coordinator has a long and distinguished history IRL. :-)

bstolle
June 25th, 2012, 12:59
Well, you haven't flown old taildraggers much then, I suppose. Using a whiskey compass as a turn coordinator has a long and distinguished history IRL. :-)

Don't understand what that has to do with the plane being a taildragger? But you are right, I 've got only a few taildragger hours.

griphos
June 25th, 2012, 13:57
Because older taildraggers, like my Chief, usually have fewer instruments and so using the compass as a turn indicator is much more common when flying such planes. It's not about being a taildragger per se, but about being old, which usually means taildragger.

In many old taildraggers around here you'll also often find the kind of bank angle indicator often found on sailboats mounted on the panel. If you have the A2A Cub, then the compass is actually a very good turn coordinator indicator.

greenie
June 25th, 2012, 14:13
....just to expand on that . It was what we have been taught to do with the A2A cub . No coordinator installed so you can watch the compass vertical swinging movement and try and keep the rose "horizontal' within the guage.

bstolle
June 25th, 2012, 19:45
It's not about being a taildragger per se, but about being old, which usually means taildragger

I always preferred (and still prefer) taildraggers IRL. These are the planes with the most character and personality. I loved flying the Super Cub, the Jodel and the Wilga.
Once you get to know a plane you don't need a turn coordinator or compass anyway as you learn rather quickly how much rudder you need and when.

BAT21
June 25th, 2012, 21:43
Have you tried to use the tailwheel lock in the VC? (the T-handle behind the throttle)

bingo;)
it works both with Shift+G than with T-handle in the VC (T-handle down = tailwheel lock)
my mistake was trying with the aircraft stationary and not moving

the reference to A2A Cub is correct

have you tried to use the great lever near the wing flap handle ? (maybe hopper dump handle) :confused:

still a nice plane :)

bushpilot
June 26th, 2012, 02:01
my mistake was trying with the aircraft stationary and not moving

Yep, it's free castoring.

Here's one rather exciting spraying run, filmed from start to finish, watching it in HD fullscreen is fun. It's from AT-401 cockpit, very nice angle:

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xuzhdW2wAis?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xuzhdW2wAis?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><object style="height: 390px; width: 640px">

(http://www.youtube.com/v/xuzhdW2wAis?version=3&feature=player_detailpage)</object>

(http://www.youtube.com/v/xuzhdW2wAis?version=3&feature=player_detailpage)</object>

bstolle
June 26th, 2012, 02:36
Yep, it's free castoring.

That depends.....IRL it's the 'hybrid' version. The steering is connected to the rudder 24deg L/R. But if you apply differential braking while turning, the tailwheel unlocks and swivels freely.
In FSX i've set it to the 24deg as differential braking does have an effect even without the 'free' tailwheel.

bushpilot
June 26th, 2012, 03:12
That makes sense. The aforementioned reduced rudder authority makes this quite a challenge to keep lined up in crosswind takeoffs, especially with FSX realism settings maxed out.

Roger
June 26th, 2012, 12:47
I used the "contact us" facility on Friday to discuss the lack of paypal payment options but to date I haven't even had a reply. Even a "sorry but no" would have been courteous but a total lack of communication is just rude. Needless to say I am not impressed.

heywooood
June 26th, 2012, 17:21
I used the "contact us" facility on Friday to discuss the lack of paypal payment options but to date I haven't even had a reply. Even a "sorry but no" would have been courteous but a total lack of communication is just rude. Needless to say I am not impressed.

twice that I emailed them it took a few days to a week to get a reply...they are very busy modelers and I think take turns responding to 'contacts'

they were courteous and apologetic in replies and both times gave me solid information - but they have less emphasis on the ol' inbox than some other devs' for sure

bushpilot
June 27th, 2012, 09:32

It will probably emerge in Simmarket at some point, at least Alabeo's previous offerings did.

BAT21
June 27th, 2012, 22:16
I have the impression the stall is sudden and does not give any signal
do you feel the same ?

bushpilot
June 27th, 2012, 23:46
I'd say it's quite predictable. The visual buffeting effect is subtle, so you have to keep an eye on it, if you don't have a force feedback stick. And easy to recover.

bstolle
June 28th, 2012, 02:00
I have the impression the stall is sudden and does not give any signal do you feel the same ?

The aural stall warning comes on before the actual stall. So it's not sudden, there is a warning and at the stall there's a clean break followed by a moderate pitch down.
But especiall with the dispersal equipment drag is very high, so the speed reduction might be faster and hence the stall comes up faster than what you are used to.

@ bushpilot. Alabeo/Carenado don't have any visual pre stall buffeting built into their planes.

bushpilot
June 28th, 2012, 02:10
Ahha, it's my Accu-feel then, producing the buffeting.:jump:

imn2sims
June 28th, 2012, 13:01
It will probably emerge in Simmarket at some point, at least Alabeo's previous offerings did.

Yep...........Now available at Simmarket.

Steve

Roger
June 28th, 2012, 14:35
Seeing Steve's hu that it is up at Simmarket, I bought the aircraft. It's a great piece of work and so is ORBX freeware 7WA3 :engel016::ernae:

The screenshots are of the blank white version...

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/agt-1.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/agt-2.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/agt-3.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/agt-4.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/agt-5.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/agt-6.jpg

Daveroo
June 28th, 2012, 17:09
a few more days....and im in..........

BAT21
June 28th, 2012, 21:27
Ahha, it's my Accu-feel then, producing the buffeting.:jump:

are you kidding or are you serious :confused:

I have to by Accu-feel :):)

bushpilot
June 29th, 2012, 00:04
Well I'm certainly not kidding, it was the Accu-feel buffeting kicking in, just totally forgot about it. Go and get Accu-feel, it's great. And I believe there is an update coming in near future, which should make it even better.

Nice shots Roger:wavey:

BAT21
June 29th, 2012, 06:01
bushpilot
I got it ;)
wich AoA do you set for the A188B ?
thanks Marco

griphos
June 29th, 2012, 06:35
I'm very tempted by this one, but I'm a FD snob now after so many incredibly realistic planes by A2A and RealAir and some of the Aerosoft stuff. Most Carenado planes get very little use from me (with the exception of the C185). Does this one have BStolle quality FD? Or more generic FSX flight dynamics?

Dain Arns
June 29th, 2012, 12:18
I'm very tempted by this one, but I'm a FD snob now after so many incredibly realistic planes by A2A and RealAir and some of the Aerosoft stuff. Most Carenado planes get very little use from me (with the exception of the C185). Does this one have BStolle quality FD? Or more generic FSX flight dynamics?

Mr. Stolle commented back in post #8 in this thread about how much research it took him for this project as a reply to my post #7 about how much weight affects the FDE even during spraying operations.
And Agpilot25 commented in post #25, an actual Ag pilot, about how much it flies very close to the real one.

I think you have the answers to your questions. ;)

griphos
June 29th, 2012, 19:39
Yeah, but I'm old, and read posts #7 and #8 over a week ago! I'd forgotten that Bernt did the FD for this one.

I'd remembered post #25, and that was encouraging to read, but, having forgotten about Bernt doing the FD, I was looking for some other opinions.

But, yes, I suppose I do have my answers. Thanks for reminding me of them.

griphos
June 30th, 2012, 12:59
Well, I got it. It's a hoot to be able to do ag spraying. A friend and I sprayed some fields in Washington (near the new Orbx 7WA3) together. Dodging power lines and jumping tree lines at the edge of fields is a blast.

The flight model is nice. It's got a lot of P-factor, so taking off requires some attention. I enjoy that. All that spray equipment sure adds drag, so she's no problem to slow down. She's a pig when full of chemicals, as others have noted. And you're not going to break any speed records even when she's empty. I'm a bit surprised about the narrow flight envelope for a plane with this sort of mission. All that dihedral sure makes her stable.

The graphics are incredibly good. Documentation is a JOKE! Anyone know the stall speed on this?

There are a couple of little bugs, I've noticed. There seems to be some trouble interacting with the Saitek trim wheel. It will only register +/- 7.5 degrees of trim with the wheel, although moving the VC trim wheel will allow for further trimming in both directions. And when landing on grass or dirt, the debris floats through the VC.

I think I'll have a lot of fun with it.

BAT21
July 1st, 2012, 02:35
at 7WA3 the nicest thing to do is set di car trafic at 100% and spray the cars on the road :icon_lol:

bushpilot
July 1st, 2012, 04:43
bushpilot

wich AoA do you set for the A188B ?

It's at 15. Haven't fiddled with the Accufeel-settings re c188, they feel pretty good.

racartron
July 1st, 2012, 07:23
at 7WA3 the nicest thing to do is set di car trafic at 100% and spray the cars on the road :icon_lol:

It may be time to ask your Doc for a change in your meds:icon_lol:

imn2sims
July 1st, 2012, 13:38

So that was you! You owe me a carwash:icon_lol:

Steve

YoYo
July 3rd, 2012, 11:20
Hi,
no manuals? I see only:

- C188 AGTruck Datasheet
- Alabeo Copyrights

In documents. Thats all.

imn2sims
July 3rd, 2012, 12:52
Hi,
no manuals? I see only:

- C188 AGTruck Datasheet
- Alabeo Copyrights

In documents. Thats all.

AFAIK that's all, at least I couldn't find anything else. Really not much to need a manual for, and that's a shame as a lot of the stuff portrayed in the cockpit is just "eye candy". Would have been really cool of all the positioning electronics functioned to some degree. Still, for the price, I'm happy with it.

Steve

griphos
July 3rd, 2012, 15:41
Really not much to need a manual for...
Steve

Yeah, a lot of stuff doesn't do anything, but it sure wouldn't have hurt to have some reference charts for V speeds at least. I made my own after a little research and created a html file for it that I can access in the cockpit kneeboard.

YoYo
July 3rd, 2012, 22:07
Really not much to need a manual for, ...

Yes, managing of aircraft is easy but manual for payware addons is a standard, not additional gift.

jmig
July 4th, 2012, 12:42
OK, How do you get it to spray? I feel stupid here. I tried at all the controls including that handle next the the flap handle. (Boy, I haven't used a read honest to god flap handle in a loooong time.) Nothing, nada, zero spray.

I went to the Alabeo site but they have no forums on which to ask. Went to the Facebook page and all I found were groupies talking about how "pretty" the plane was and begging for other ag-planes.

Stan V.
July 4th, 2012, 12:49
OK, How do you get it to spray? I feel stupid here. I tried at all the controls including that handle next the the flap handle. (Boy, I haven't used a read honest to god flap handle in a loooong time.) Nothing, nada, zero spray.

I went to the Alabeo site but they have no forums on which to ask. Went to the Facebook page and all I found were groupies talking about how "pretty" the plane was and begging for other ag-planes.

Use the "i" key. That works.

YoYo
July 4th, 2012, 13:39
Some of pictures of Cessna 188:

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/4427/alabeoc188b7.jpg

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/556/alabeoc188b2.jpg

http://img861.imageshack.us/img861/8787/alabeoc188b1.jpg

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/4623/alabeoc188b9.jpg

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/3669/alabeoc188b8.jpg

jmig
July 4th, 2012, 16:43
Use the "i" key. That works.

Thanks Stan. I will do just that. :)

greenie
July 4th, 2012, 20:27
...the handle should work , just make sure you are flying the version that has the spray booms off the trailing edge. I think I had trouble at first and used the "i' key and that seemed to wake it up .

BAT21
July 4th, 2012, 22:12
is it possible that Alabeo will do the rev.1 including all the small issues coming out in the forums and a complete instruction manual ?

rdaniell
July 6th, 2012, 14:08
I'm really enjoying flying this airplane. My problem has nothing to do with the airplane. I have trouble staying over the "right" field.

I have a friend who flies one in real life. He told me that he puts in just a small bit of down trim while working. He said it is easier to pull up a little as needed rather than pushing the stick forward to keep the airplane at the right height over the field. He also said that he puts in one notch of flaps as he approaches the field and leaves it there while working the field.

The little bit of down trim sure worked great when flying my RC Piper Pawnee before I swapped it for a Piper Super Cub.

RD

YoYo
July 8th, 2012, 07:20
Hi,found real manual for C188. It can helps :) :http://agplane.nl/downloads/cessnaagwagonservicepartsmall.pdf

http://agplane.nl/images/00001_360.jpg

griphos
July 8th, 2012, 08:23
Good find! Thanks.

BAT21
July 8th, 2012, 09:22
hi
here you can find the complete 1979 owners manual :)

http://www.agplane.nl/manuals/cessna/188agwagon/index.html

bushpilot
July 8th, 2012, 10:37
Very nice findings, thanks. They offer great insight.

BAT21
July 8th, 2012, 23:54
it is easier to fly the WDE version instead of the dispersal version with the hopper=0

rdaniell
July 9th, 2012, 05:47
...but it has to do with ag flying. The member of my RC Club who also flies real world ag planes told us yesterday that he will not be going up to Indianna this year as the drought, hot weather, etc., has resulted in not much work.

RD

VCN-1
July 9th, 2012, 05:53
I hate to be really stupid but where is the starter switch located?

VCN-1

Edit: I found it.

YoYo
July 9th, 2012, 08:33
Hi,Im thinking about the new repaint of C188 but in camuflage.
One, very interesting is in USA like RAF camuflage scheme. Registration of this AG Wagon/ AG Husky is N585IG (DFS) but I have problem to find more pictures of this bird with interesting repaint (Google dosent help).
Maybe someone noticed more photos or is a owner of this C188 / or have more photos ?

Oryginal photo:

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/9470/nowy3u.jpg

bushpilot
July 9th, 2012, 08:55
Speaking of knobs and switches, I hope Alabeo would up the ante a bit. I don't want to get greedy now that we have beautiful and nice flying crop duster in FSX, but maybe a working boom pressure switch/gauge etc for realistic operations. Probably too much to ask for AgNav :mixedsmi:

Oryginal photo:

Yes very nice paint, could be used to spread Agent Orange yikes :mix-smi:

BAT21
July 9th, 2012, 12:05
Hi,Im thinking about the new repaint of C188 but in camuflage.
One, very interesting is in USA like RAF camuflage scheme. Registration of this AG Wagon/ AG Husky is N585IG (DFS) but I have problem to find more pictures of this bird with interesting repaint (Google dosent help).
Maybe someone noticed more photos or is a owner of this C188 / or have more photos ?

Oryginal photo:

these are what I found

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshots/images/354477811887_b621b09471.jpg

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshots/images/501477811849_88712d1e42.jpg

YoYo
July 9th, 2012, 12:37
@BAT21, yes, yes!
Thank You, better view. :wavey:

I think pilot has a great fun in this paint. Like close air support aircraft :D and enemy are pests.

tomford
July 9th, 2012, 16:34
ouch!

http://www.avclaims.com/N5851G%20Photos.htm

It used to be nice...

BAT21
July 9th, 2012, 21:41
YoYo
how can you do a new paint if there is any paintkit ?

YoYo
July 9th, 2012, 21:46
ouch!

http://www.avclaims.com/N5851G%20Photos.htm

It used to be nice...

Ups, too low? Fortunately pilot survive.
http://www.krem.com/news/local/Crop-duster-plane-crash-119080039.htm
http://airsafety.info/wp-content/uploads/gas120322.pdf page 17.

YoYo
how can you do a new paint if there is any paintkit ?

Only this white texture for painters, but its ok for me.

BAT21
July 9th, 2012, 22:21
Only this white texture for painters, but its ok for me.

but what I really would like to see is a pilot with the orange suit and red helmet ;)

YoYo
July 9th, 2012, 22:33
Nice airfield :D !

http://youtu.be/xZk893TdyfQ

Attack:

http://youtu.be/cORDgXbF2R8

YoYo
July 10th, 2012, 07:46
Ok, started. Give me 1-2-3 days for finish this (can do it only evenings after work, but this repaint isnt easy)

http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/3510/nowy4l.jpg

Real:

bushpilot
July 10th, 2012, 09:35
Looking good YoYo:salute: I was gonna do paints for c188, but decided not to. The non-layered paintkit I can manage (with layer blending modes), but the real problem would be the huge amounts of rigorous aligning the painting would require.

YoYo
July 10th, 2012, 10:11
but the real problem would be the huge amounts of rigorous aligning the painting would require.
Yes, many parts in different places but will try.

Prepared for markings (wip).

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/8718/nowy4n.jpg

YoYo
July 13th, 2012, 13:56
Not yet finished but near and almost done : http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/8807/nowy4t.jpg (wip). I hope Tomorrow or after Tomorrow will be released. :wavey:

Daveroo
July 13th, 2012, 14:12
Not yet finished but near and almost done : http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/8807/nowy4t.jpg (wip). I hope Tomorrow or after Tomorrow will be released. :wavey:

sweeet

imn2sims
July 13th, 2012, 16:16

:jawdrop:WHOAAA!!!! That looks like a photograph, THANK YOU:applause:

Steve

YoYo
July 14th, 2012, 01:23
but what I really would like to see is a pilot with the orange suit and red helmet ;)BAT21, as You wish:

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/3023/testfinalpilot.png

doublecool
July 15th, 2012, 09:41
Wow... that repaint alone would make ya purchase this bird

Very Nice YoYo :wavey:http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/3023/testfinalpilot.png

bushpilot
July 15th, 2012, 10:09
Sweeeet stuff YoYo, can't get any cooler than that paint:icon_eek::salute::salute:

Can't wait!

FSN
July 15th, 2012, 10:51
It's a sweet plane but I'm disapointed with the audio. Even the exterior is in stereo so it doesnt adhere to spacialization, no sound cones and the quality is 22k. If I swap it out with something else it will help. Great job though and it's sure alot of fun to fly this very unique plane.

YoYo
July 16th, 2012, 07:21
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/5502/188bskinn5851g1.jpghttp://img641.imageshack.us/img641/839/188bskinn5851g2.jpghttp://img502.imageshack.us/img502/3026/188bskinn5851g6.jpghttp://img401.imageshack.us/img401/857/188bskinn5851g5.jpghttp://img254.imageshack.us/img254/8729/188bskinn5851g3.jpghttp://img210.imageshack.us/img210/4457/188bskinn5851g7.jpghttp://img254.imageshack.us/img254/6787/188bskinn5851g4.jpg

Download is ready:
AVSIM:
http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=170169&CatID=fsxacrpFLIGHTSIM:
Flightsim:
http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/content.php?108-Copyright&fid=167164

Warrant
July 16th, 2012, 07:35
Just downloaded it. This is a piece of art, YoYo! :medals::salute::applause:

Paul Anderson
July 16th, 2012, 07:43
Requirements:
Windows Vista -7 (32 or 64 bits)

XP is not mentioned, is there a problem with frame rates or some other reason?

ErnstF
July 16th, 2012, 10:00
Fantastic paint, thank you veeeery much, downloading immediately :applause:

Paul Anderson
July 17th, 2012, 08:51
Q:
Both it and the Extra do not mention Windows XP, the other two planes do. I exceed the other requirements - quad core, 1gig video, 3 gig ram. Was the omission of XP accidental or is there a problem with XP SP3?

A:

We tested it in XP with different results.
I suggest buying it and if you have any problem, we will refund your money.

(Sounds fair to me.)

Ferry_vO
July 17th, 2012, 12:35
Wow... that repaint alone would make ya purchase this bird

Yep, a very good reason to take advantage of the 'ten off tuesday' at PC Aviator today and get this bird! :jump:

Ferry_vO
July 17th, 2012, 14:06
Great deal for less than $18! :applause:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Flightsim/Alabeo_Agtruck3.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Flightsim/Alabeo_Agtruck4.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Flightsim/Alabeo_Agtruck7.jpg

YoYo
July 17th, 2012, 14:14
Thx for nice comments! I hope You like it :), enjoy to fight with pestes ;).

Ian Warren
July 17th, 2012, 17:03
Have you not heard of purple poker dot painted unspoken for moth who has flower plant window box's that need attention ! :rolleyes:
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m31/Ian_Warren/2010%20Flightsim/5Custom-53.jpg
Still a dangerous job .. but Waikato Hospital is only around the corner :D
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m31/Ian_Warren/2010%20Flightsim/6Custom-43.jpg
Well .......... will ya look at her ... :drool:
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m31/Ian_Warren/2010%20Flightsim/7Custom-23.jpg
WHOOPS ! :lol:
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

bushpilot
September 8th, 2012, 23:29
Just a heads up in case anyone's interested, two new Oceania paints uploaded:wiggle:

Kiwi (http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/topic/14595-pacific-alabeo-c188-agtruck-zk-ejl/)
http://i1271.photobucket.com/albums/jj640/bushpilot_fi/79d6e425.jpg

Oz (http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/3111-alabeo-c188-agtruck-vh-kzf/)
http://i.imgur.com/MTbUW.jpg

Barnes
September 8th, 2012, 23:49
Great work Bushpilot

bushpilot
September 11th, 2012, 06:40
Two more :wiggle:

Kiwi (http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/3128-alabeo-c188-agtruck-zk-ldz/)
http://i1271.photobucket.com/albums/jj640/bushpilot_fi/5618d90e.jpg

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2012/09/11/v5IgB.jpg

Oz (http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/3127-alabeo-c188-agtruck-vh-eyo/)
http://i1271.photobucket.com/albums/jj640/bushpilot_fi/14640c9c.jpg

http://i1271.photobucket.com/albums/jj640/bushpilot_fi/eb2fcd29.jpg

Walter
May 6th, 2013, 14:16
Sorry to randomly bring back the thread, but does anybody know if the 188 has a functioning light bar?

- Walter

Ian Warren
May 6th, 2013, 14:59
If what your asking is external Nav lights and internal , they are all on one (well two modeled) and three snap switchs to the right of them or left of your airspeed indicator covering the landing and strobe .
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Walter
May 6th, 2013, 16:14
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAZmtWyuVQ0

This thing. Is it there? Haha

I hope so!

Peter SWE
May 6th, 2013, 18:09
This thing. Is it there? Haha

I hope so!

Thats the GPS display, no it's not in the model.

ZsoltB
June 16th, 2013, 09:01
Seeing Steve's hu that it is up at Simmarket, I bought the aircraft. It's a great piece of work and so is ORBX freeware 7WA3 :engel016::ernae:

The screenshots are of the blank white version...

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/agt-1.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/agt-2.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/agt-3.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/agt-4.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/agt-5.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/agt-6.jpg

The pilot how to remove?

Roger
June 16th, 2013, 14:08
The shots of the cockpit from just outside the doors are from vc not spot, so the pilot is not visible in vc.