PDA

View Full Version : Need some help. Flight installed when it became available

Emile
June 20th, 2012, 20:40
Hello,
Available from Microsoft. Yesterday I decided to buy "Hawaii". As recommended I did create an account on Steam, buy the Bundle and downloaded from "Steam".

Is this installed? I do not think so.
When I start Flight I do not find my "Hawaii" ....

I am lost ...
What do I need to do?
Thanks in advance

Roger
June 21st, 2012, 04:04
Hi Emile, I'm pretty sure you need to run the downloaded file from wherever it is saved.

Emile
June 23rd, 2012, 19:33
Helo,
Tis is the answer received from STEAM Support

"Unfortunately, the Hawaii Steam bundle is only compatible with the Steam Download of Microsoft Flight.

If you have any further difficulty, please let us know - we will be happy to assist you."

In other words ... help your self...:isadizzy:

bushpilot
June 24th, 2012, 04:54
So if I understand correctly you have Flight installed through GFWL? Probably should uninstall that and download and install the Steam version. The base pack is free and your Hawaii will work with it.

Dain Arns
June 24th, 2012, 05:00
Here's what I did as I too had a previous install of 'Flight' without Steam.
I installed 'Flight' via Steam, but did not log into, or start up 'Flight'.

I then went to the folder where my previous 'Flight' install was, and copied that entire folder.
Then pasted that into the Steam directory in which 'Flight' is installed (Usually in the 'Steam', 'steamapps', 'common', then 'microsoft flight' folder).
Then logged into 'Flight' via Steam and got the addon.

Hope that makes sense.

Emile
June 24th, 2012, 07:19
Hello,
I have uninstalled the MS Version. I have installed the STEAM version.
I am now checking if it works.
Will report back.
Thanks

n4gix
June 24th, 2012, 09:48
I began with the MSGS LIVE version during the beta, and see no advantage to bothering with the Steam version at all... :icon_lol:

Dain Arns
June 25th, 2012, 11:19
I began with the MSGS LIVE version during the beta, and see no advantage to bothering with the Steam version at all... :icon_lol:

There is no separate Steam version, the same free to play download for Flight is available through Steam.

Steam offers a "Hawaiian Adventure" bundle for Hawaii, the Maule, and the P-51D for a very discounted price, whereas Microsoft does not.
Steam will sometimes offer 'One Day Sales' as well, including Flight addons, you only get notified through the Steam portal.
Plus millions, tens of millions of folks use Steam to communicate with friends and get together to play various games, as it is way more popular to use than Games for Windows/XBox LIVE, which to my knowledge hardly anyone uses, except XBox folks of which of course Flight can not run on the XBox.

So as where you see no advantage, millions of folks do, as do I, Bill.

n4gix
June 28th, 2012, 10:54
There is no separate Steam version, the same free to play download for Flight is available through Steam.
<snip>
So as where you see no advantage, millions of folks do, as do I, Bill.

I wasn't implying that Flight obtained via Steam was different from the LIVE download. In fact, irrespective of where you buy the DLC, it all comes from the LIVE site anyway.

What I was implying is that - given that I already have Flight installed - there would be no advantage for me to switch over to using Steam for obtaining any future content...

...since I have absolutely zero interest in any other "games" from Steam, nor am I the least bit interested in having yet more places to loose precious time...
:ernae:

Dain Arns
June 28th, 2012, 12:25
I wasn't implying that Flight obtained via Steam was different from the LIVE download. In fact, irrespective of where you buy the DLC, it all comes from the LIVE site anyway.

What I was implying is that - given that I already have Flight installed - there would be no advantage for me to switch over to using Steam for obtaining any future content...

...since I have absolutely zero interest in any other "games" from Steam, nor am I the least bit interested in having yet more places to loose precious time...
:ernae:

And I wasn't implying that you were, Bill.
But I figured you would take it that way, you seem inclined to take statements along this vein as being all about you.

I stated it so that other people who read this forum would not be confused into thinking there are separate versions of Flight. :salute: