PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else having to use the "back door"?

Rami
June 19th, 2012, 11:35
Good afternoon,

Is anyone having trouble accessing SOH from the internet?

I was able to get in the back door by going through a specific forum gate (Googleing SOH CFS2)

When I try to go in the "front door," I get this:

"The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies."

IE 9 has a similar problem when you try to get in through the front door. "The page cannot be displayed."

Any ideas? :isadizzy:

Dain Arns
June 19th, 2012, 11:45
I always go to the specific forum I need, so I never notice.
But yes, I can't come in through the 'front door' either.
Think it was reported already by Stovall... :kilroy:

Lewis-A2A
June 19th, 2012, 12:01
Hand up here. Yes exactly the same. I had to go to my history and click a link direct to the FSX Forums in order to go here

DennyBoy
June 19th, 2012, 12:05
Same as Levis-A2A

DennyBoy

mikezola
June 19th, 2012, 12:18
No trouble here- I'm using Firefox. -Mike Z.

cheezyflier
June 19th, 2012, 12:19
Good afternoon,

Is anyone having trouble accessing SOH from the internet?

I was able to get in the back door by going through a specific forum gate (Googleing SOH CFS2)

When I try to go in the "front door," I get this:

"The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies."

IE 9 has a similar problem when you try to get in through the front door. "The page cannot be displayed."

Any ideas? :isadizzy:

i never have any problems getting in, i use opera. however, posting something can be a major p.i.t.a. sometimes, the way things are set up here.

Tako_Kichi
June 19th, 2012, 12:30
All seems to be working correctly for me now. I have the main forum page bookmarked so I rarely see the 'home' page but I just checked using the 'home' button above and then typed the sim-outhouse.com address into the title bar and both methods took me to the 'home' page without issues.

Rami
June 19th, 2012, 12:37
Tako,

I just tried it, and I'm still getting the same message. However, the back door still works. :icon_lol:

It affects going to SOH from the internet, and typing in the website address. No problems entering through a forum, though.

I can sneak in and out like a dog, I don't mind.

luckydog
June 19th, 2012, 12:52
I'm just now able to get thru after being off most of the day.......

Ickie
June 19th, 2012, 12:58
i am having no problems.

log out and clear your cookies and internet files than log back in

ps, i use ie9

hurricane3
June 19th, 2012, 13:00
I have to use the backdoor(Google) also. it took me to the forums but not the home page. I put that in my favorites ,but it just takes me to the forums ,when I click on home it just refreshes the forums.
I use IE6 and never had this problem before.I just wrote the administraters so we'll see what happens.
I found I can get the home page by clicking the link at the top of this page but not from the forums.

Motormouse
June 19th, 2012, 13:04
Same. Using smartphone running Android, I get a message about there being too many server connections and redirections.

Dos attack again?

Pete

Willy
June 19th, 2012, 13:05
I've just now been able to get in via the home page.

hurricane3
June 19th, 2012, 13:13
Just found by going to home from the message page(this one) then making that one of my favorites I can go to the home page when I click the link.

huub vink
June 19th, 2012, 13:30
Rami, I had the same problem 30 minutes ago, but could enter in the normal way now.

Cheers,
Huub

Lionheart
June 19th, 2012, 14:20
I couldnt get in all day, since this morning. Message was server couldnt be found.

Im using Safari.

Only just now could I get in.

Glad its working! goodness.. I was worried.

Roger
June 19th, 2012, 14:32
I can now access from the front door in Ie9 too.

Rami
June 19th, 2012, 14:49
Hello again,

Thanks, guys. All appears to be well. :salute:

cheezyflier
June 20th, 2012, 13:05
ps, i use ie9

that's ok, we like you anyhow :icon_lol:

Dain Arns
June 20th, 2012, 15:25
I know Jim used the back door...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sf3KG8VAtJg?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>