PDA

View Full Version : Help With Acceleration

Taco
October 3rd, 2008, 13:05
I have had FSX since the begning, but really haven't poked around with it to much in the past. So I thought I would give it one more try. Installed Acceleration without the SP1 or 2, now here the problem: when using the spot view with any addon aircraft all I get is a white screen, and some times the picture of the aircraft will pop-up and then it goes white again. :isadizzy: Thanks in advance.

jim

cheezyflier
October 4th, 2008, 06:05
one thing you must do before installing accelleration is un-install any add-on's that you have. do you have any sceneries or weather or trafficc add-ons? they need to be un-installed first. are your video drivers up to date?
you may find that un-installing the whole shebang, and then re-installing first fsx, and then accelleration may do the trick. it may seem like a
p.i.t.a. to do, but will be sooooo worth it when you get it running.

Alexraptor
October 4th, 2008, 06:41
Acceleration ended up having the compatibility system revised, as a result many previously compatible aircraft are now incompatible.

Taco
October 4th, 2008, 08:23
Gentlemen, thanks for your advice. I going to give it a try. Again thanks.

Jim

Daube
October 14th, 2008, 13:14
It's just the light bloom that is not compatible with the FS9 planes. This should not occur with default planes or real FSX addons. Just deactivate the bloom if you want to fly with your FS9 addons :)

Cazzie
October 16th, 2008, 15:24
It is not only light bloom, you must use DX9 only for most FS9 add-ons. If the plane still shows white after unchecking Bloom, make sure DX10 Preview is unchecked also. For the planes to show up, you need to take a screenshot of that particular aircraft and resize it to 256 pizel width. Name the screenshot thumbnail and place it in the texture folder of that particular aircraft's textures.

Caz

Bone
October 17th, 2008, 07:10
take a screenshot of that particular aircraft and resize it to 256 pizel width. Name the screenshot thumbnail and place it in the texture folder of that particular aircraft's textures.

Caz

Or, you could go over to AVSIM and download the Autothumbnail program. It will place a thumbnail in your texture folder when you are in-game, using the add-on tab in the menu bar.

CrisGer
April 27th, 2009, 22:58
ok good i will try that too.

I have been working on my first install of FSX...i started with FS9 and spent about five months installing and learning about it..and then last october installed FSX....but no SP1 or 2

now i will add Acelleration but i will have to delete everything first. I was adding things slowly but then decided to dive into UT USA and Europe and some of the VFR cities and wonderful france add ons...and all that takes a huge increase in processing. I am getting stuttering now....and i dont have much margin.

so it is good to know we have to do a clean install and then add Accel and then other things. will help a lot i hope. i did not want to mess with SP 1 or 2

harleyman
April 28th, 2009, 00:46
Sp 1 & 2 are included on the Acceleration disk and get installed automaticly.....

Install FSX

Load the defauly flight..Fly a minute

Defragg HDD

Install Acceleration

Load default flight , fly a minute..Close FSX

Defragg again..

Now do that for each big texture addon too....

CrisGer
April 28th, 2009, 08:45
excellent, thanks very much.

will do.

One of the signs i had reached the end of the "vanilla" install road was i started getting memory module errors after i loaded up a big texture add on for France VFR, it was very neat but my system just could not take it ... :) i tried uninstalling and re installing and i was able to fly a few minutes but got the error again..so i think we need to start over with Accel.. :)

Dangerous Beans
April 28th, 2009, 09:59
CrisGer.
Just wondering why youve steered clear of SP1 so far, thats the one thats esensual IMO. Vanilla FSX ran like a 3 legged Tortoise.

Although both SP1 and SP2 are included with Acceleration it dousnt hurt to if you already have SP1 installed before installing Acceleration, you cant have SP2 installed though.

CrisGer
April 28th, 2009, 10:05
well i tried to install SP1 but it would not complete..i did not know you had to install it on a clean install...

so once i found that out i decided to go all the way to Acell...

i am a bit crabby about reading instructions..i am sad to say... being over 50 is no excuse :)

so that is the whole sad story...and i hope now once i get everything re loaded i will be better.

i will have to save my planes and hope i can save the guagues folder and the add ons folder and just re put them in whole...