PDA

View Full Version : FlysimWare Cessna 195

glennc
June 18th, 2012, 19:36
Found at http://secure.simmarket.com/flysimware-cessna-195-x-2012.phtml.

The price isn't bad and the video is one of the most unusual I've ever seen for an FSX product - would you believe a used airplane salesman? :isadizzy:

Glenn

bushpilot
June 18th, 2012, 20:57
To be honest, looks quite dodgy. Promo shots are so badly aliased and compressed, it's hard to see any details. And why does it flash ORBX staff at the beginning of the video? And support email is delivery_guy_1970@yahoo.com :isadizzy:

Would be an interesting addon if done right.

glennc
June 18th, 2012, 21:21
I'm willing to support what I think is a promising developer. Their products are getting better with each release. I have bought it. I've never flown a real machine even close to a C195 but to me it is close to what I expect. I think it is interesting watching someone like them, but they can't do anything else if they don't keep at it.

Glenn

Roger
June 18th, 2012, 22:56
Yes the promo shots are poor quality but I've had a soft spot for the 195 since Joe Binka's Shakey Jake for Fs2004. So anyone bought it yet?...I'd be very interested to see some decent shots...oh and can the passenger/co-pilot be removed?

Dain Arns
June 19th, 2012, 05:31
I tried to go to the developer website, and Microsoft Security Essentials is reporting threats detected, plus my Firefox is blocking access to their 'store' with an untrusted website alert.
Just FYI. :wavey:

IFlySWA
June 19th, 2012, 06:30
My AV program 'Avast' is definitely not happy about me accessing their website. Seeing the 'threats' too.

Brian

PutPut
June 19th, 2012, 07:58
My AVG program also says their site is full of threats (at least 3).

Best, Paul

DX-FMJ
June 19th, 2012, 17:22
http://sitecheck.sucuri.net/results/flysim.us

Yeah something wrong with the dev site for sure, I have been there in the past and all was fine, maybe he got hacked.

Sent a email to the dev, will let you all know what he says.

glennc
June 19th, 2012, 18:34
I bought it from SimMarket. Haven't tried the developer's site. The polished aluminum airplane is a bit too reflective. I don't see a way to remove the crew.

Glenn

heywooood
June 19th, 2012, 18:41
I bought it from SimMarket. Haven't tried the developer's site. The polished aluminum airplane is a bit too reflective. I don't see a way to remove the crew.

Glenn

love to see it in this paint:

DX-FMJ
June 19th, 2012, 19:11

Glenn

Nice screen, mind posting some cockpit shots? :wiggle:

glennc
June 19th, 2012, 19:58
DX - I'll see what I can come up with tomorrow.

One of my low grade pet peeves about FSX airborne screen shots is that many of them are technically impossible in the real world. But, I guess, that's part of what makes them so stunning.

Glenn

Roger
June 24th, 2012, 11:19
I'm on the edge with this one. Anyone got some screenshots?

glennc
June 24th, 2012, 16:21
Here are a couple more, one of the panel, one of the bare metal airplane.

Glenn

modelr
June 26th, 2012, 17:19
Picked mine up from Flightsim Pilot Shop. Didn't get any screenshots, just took it for a short hop in P3D, it looks good and flies well. Imcludes a separate float model. Sound is aliased to the default DH Beaver.

Comes with a payload manager, which I'm guessing controls pilot and pass showings. Had set mine for pilot and front pass, and that's what showed. You do not see them from inside the aircraft, only from outside views. (Personally, I wish I could see them from inside.)