PDA

View Full Version : Nice site for those interested!

falcon409
June 18th, 2012, 12:04
Several of us ran this through the ringer several years ago and came up with a "usable" version. I ended up dumping it though due to fps problems. With the info on this site, I may give it another shot just for grins.

http://www.myflightsimblog.com/MyFlightSimBlog/KPDX.html

:salute:

robertorizzo
June 18th, 2012, 13:00
Thanks falcon for sharing with us such an interesting site.

Montie
June 18th, 2012, 14:18
I have tried it. Apart from the low resolution photo real ground textures and the bleed through at low altitude it works okay. I have uninstalled it again recently, but maybe if one could disable the ground textures (maybe even add some new ones) it would look a bit better. The FS2004 trees does give a transparency issue, but you should be able swap them with FSX ones. FPS were acceptable on my system.

P38man
June 18th, 2012, 15:56
I wrote this on the Orbx forums. Hope it helps, falcon.

Note these changes are after you make all the changes from that website - even on my powerful system I stiill had FPS issues.

================================================== ===

In my case I completely solved these issues:
- flashing
- circle of textures changing around the plane
- frame rates

By deleting the following files (make a backup first)
- every file with pdx_grass (7 files)
- every file with pdx-field (7 files)
- every file with pdx-ground (19 files)
- PDX poles (3 - a,b and c).

Now only have 1 single remaining problem
- the roof of the parking is a lump of concrete in which cars have sunk in.
(Well I have checked and no matter which individual file I put back in the issue of the cars in concrete on the top remains because it seems the drawing must be relative and the building is lower as nothing to sit on)

OK is it worth the money - an emphatic yes !

The only time it isn't is when in an ultralight hovering over the cars on the multi-level car park specifically STARING at the cars and saying "oh no".

Otherwise I realised you cannot see a damn problem at all with normal take-offs and landings....lol.