PDA

View Full Version : Rollus's WASP F1 B released

StormILM
June 17th, 2012, 12:51
I didn't know anything about this project until today. It is available at simmarket now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4OdKAEwGE0

noddy
June 17th, 2012, 13:02

A bit of fun.

Dain Arns
June 17th, 2012, 14:05
If I didn't have to go to work in 5 minutes, I'd be playing with this tonight!
The detailing is great.
I like futuristic things. :icon_lol:

Here's a video of the features in the VC, many of which are not listed on the product page.
Like a touch screen instrument package!
For the price this does look like quite a bit of fun!

http://secure.simmarket.com/rlaborie-wasp_f1-b.phtml

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6PszJnUbK1o?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

Scratch
June 17th, 2012, 14:31
That is one beautiful bird!

fsafranek
June 17th, 2012, 21:50
He told me about it last month. He described it as a "model between the Rafale B and the Eurofigher, a futuristic but realistic plane :-)))))". He wanted to do something that Dassault wouldn't be able to kill like they did his Rafale.
:ernae:

Cleartheprop
June 18th, 2012, 10:29
He told me about it last month. He described it as a "model between the Rafale B and the Eurofigher, a futuristic but realistic plane :-)))))". He wanted to do something that Dassault wouldn't be able to kill like they did his Rafale.
:ernae:

Nice model indeed.
A shame Rollus had to release such an hybrid aircraft, not to waste his work on the Rafale B....

I am one of the few lucky simmers who got Rollus Rafale C/M before it was withdrawn from sale. A "B" model would have been fantastic. A shame.

bmd
June 18th, 2012, 16:30
Hello,

The Wasp is a very good model to learn to be a virtual test pilot. A totaly new plane and we have to do all the flight tests to simulate the work require to obtain certification. A lot of pleasure in perspective. So I have bought the model. A lot cheaper than a real F-35 LOL. So do not hesitate to have one.

Happy virtual flight testing

Benoit

Sundog
June 18th, 2012, 21:04
I know it's "fiction" but I can't get past the inlet shape and the canards directly in front of the inlets (distorted flow straight into the inlet). Having said that, I hope the freaking lawyers at Dassault rot in hell for this BS. A flightsim model in no way infringes on there "real" aircraft programs/business. I used to respect Dassault as a design house. I don't anymore.

Bone
June 19th, 2012, 09:43
I know it's "fiction" but I can't get past the inlet shape and the canards directly in front of the inlets (distorted flow straight into the inlet).

If there were such a plane, I don't think the flow would be as distorted as you might think as it enters the inlet. That, and it has about 5 to 7-ish feet of distance to travel inside the inlet before it hit's the first stage of the turbine. If anything, the canard movement would slow down the velocity of air entering the inlet, which would be the same effect as an inlet ramp that you would find on many fighters.

hey_moe
June 19th, 2012, 17:07
Looks nice, thanks for th HU...Mike

Lionheart
June 19th, 2012, 19:41
Nice looking bird!

:applause:

Lionheart
June 19th, 2012, 19:53
[QUOTE=Dain Arns;723547]If I didn't have to go to work in 5 minutes, I'd be playing with this tonight!
The detailing is great.
I like futuristic things. :icon_lol:

Here's a video of the features in the VC, many of which are not listed on the product page.
Like a touch screen instrument package!
For the price this does look like quite a bit of fun!

http://secure.simmarket.com/rlaborie-wasp_f1-b.phtml
[/QUOTE

Great video. My goodness man. That thing has a tremendous amount of work in it. All of it makes it look like a real aircraft.

He should see if he could sell the design!

Sideshow
June 22nd, 2012, 02:44
A huge amount of work has gone into it! I picked this up the other night and have been having a ball, really fun to fly! It's a pity I missed his Rafale, if this is any measure it must have been superb :salute: