PDA

View Full Version : Coincidence?

olderndirt
June 17th, 2012, 08:35
A couple of days ago I purchased/installed DA/Aerosoft's Piper Cheyenne. First flight was fine but, next time I opened FSX, it didn't get past the screen before 'fatal error'. The error lists 'fsx.cfg/scenery.cfg/dxdiag/fdr.dat/DLL.xml - all in the application data\Microsoft\FSX folder. Googling has revealed similar instances with this plane but nothing from Aerosoft yet. Uninstalling and FSX repair do nothing. OS-xp/FSXgold.

Francois
June 17th, 2012, 08:50
Did you ask on their support forum? Sean is is usually pretty good in answering.

sim-paticissimo
June 17th, 2012, 11:25
Hi olderndirt, try to install this dll file into the root folder of fsx. If I remember right (this info was on the Digital Aviation forum some years ago), this will solve the issue.

olderndirt
June 17th, 2012, 12:22
Did you ask on their support forum? Sean is is usually pretty good in answering.Yes I did - awaiting a reply.

olderndirt
June 17th, 2012, 12:26
Hi olderndirt, try to install this dll file into the root folder of fsx. If I remember right (this info was on the Digital Aviation forum some years ago), this will solve the issue.Tried that - overwrote both items - no change. Problem appears confined to FSX.exe. When I tried creating a new .cfg, it managed 1kb before 'fatal error'.

sim-paticissimo
June 17th, 2012, 12:31
Did you install vcredist_x86.exe?

olderndirt
June 17th, 2012, 16:57
Did you install vcredist_x86.exe?The zip you provided had only two files - TCAS2V7.dll and TCAS2V7.ini

sim-paticissimo
June 18th, 2012, 03:56
Well, actually vcredist_x86.exe is a downloadable file, although I can send you too. Try also to uninstall TCAS2V7.ini and leave the TCAS2V7ddl only.
Let me know, ciao

sim-paticissimo
June 18th, 2012, 04:03
Ok, I've found it. Here's the file:

olderndirt
June 18th, 2012, 07:37
Ok, I've found it. Here's the file:Installed that and deleted the other - still nothing. Many thanks for your help and suggestions though.

sim-paticissimo
June 18th, 2012, 12:21
Installed that and deleted the other - still nothing. Many thanks for your help and suggestions though.

I'm sorry oldendirt... I hope you can fly that Cheyenne... It was for long time my preferred GA, it was very well done, even if it's not a recent product it has excellent Flight dynamics, an outstanding VC with sounds for every switches... and now that we talk about it, I'd like to install it again!

olderndirt
June 18th, 2012, 13:34
I'm sorry oldendirt... I hope you can fly that Cheyenne... It was for long time my preferred GA, it was very well done, even if it's not a recent product it has excellent Flight dynamics, an outstanding VC with sounds for every switches... and now that we talk about it, I'd like to install it again!Hope your luck's a little better.

sim-paticissimo
June 20th, 2012, 04:52
I installed it again, but this time I've re-downloaded the last installer by Aerosoft, and the TCAS file it's already there. However, fsx crashed.

Then, before starting fsx, I opened the TCAS2V7.ini and changed the last line in: Enabled=1
The second time I've started fsx, no problem at all.
Hope it can help you...