PDA

View Full Version : Funny Joystick behaviour

italoc
June 17th, 2012, 05:41
Hi everybody
I've just bought a new joystick Thrustmaster T.Flight Stick X (not an expensive one) but still I expect it to function properly....
The problem is: the sliding throttle covers only a power range from 25% to 75% ........ :isadizzy:
No way, not even triyng the calibration, to bring down to 0% or up to 100%
Any suggestion from anyone more knowledgeble than me :wiggle: ?????

Italo

SSI01
June 17th, 2012, 05:58
I've got a Thrustmaster myself - don't know the type, it's 18-button w/sliding throttle.

If your basic calibration is messing up, it sounds like the computer may be having trouble reading the stick's program. A couple of things come to mind:

1 - if you have another joystick, you can try uninstalling the Thrustmaster, reinstalling the other (old) joystick, and see if calibration works with that.

2 - uninstall the Thrustmaster, reboot the machine, then reinstall the Thrustmaster and try the calibration at that time.

The second alternative is the one I know that will clear out problems with the machine and give you a fresh start with your joystick.:salute:

roger-wilco-66
June 17th, 2012, 22:55
Man, I've had usb joystick problems ever since.
Don't know why that stuff acts up so frequently.

As for your problem, first thing to check is the sensitivity for the throttle axis, it should be 100% and no null zone. Another setting on either value will restrict the full movement along the axis.
You also could check the raw movement in the Windows calibration. If it has no full movement here, you'll never get it in FSX in the basic joystick config.

Some, but not all problems can be fixed with FSUIPC, which I consider to be a "must have".

If the problem persists, you could try to unstick the joystick, reboot (yes!) and use another usb port. Sometimes USB configurations act up because of "sticky" registry entries that were written when a port previously had a different device hooked up to it (likely to happen when you have different USB sticks or joysticks, for example). If that is the case, the old entries have to be manually deleted in the registry.

HTH,
Mark