PDA

View Full Version : Carenado T-34

rdaniell
June 15th, 2012, 10:53
I've had this airplane installed on my FS9 for quite some time now and finally decided today to get the FSX version. I am extremely pleased with that decision. It is one of the of the few airplanes that I have installed that had anything that I felt needed tweaking. I really like the way the cockpit lights up at night as well as the landing lights.

RD

Warrant
June 15th, 2012, 12:51
It is a very solid airplane (and add-on). Though i'm not flying it that often, it always nice to fly one every once in a while.

rdaniell
June 15th, 2012, 16:07
Hey Warrant! I like it even better now that I've got Cazzie's USAF paint scheme on it.....YEAH..

RD

delta_lima
June 15th, 2012, 16:51
One of my favourite trainers too. One of those older models that just seems to hold its age really well.

There's been some nice USN and USMC paints too, depending on where your interests lie.

Have always liked how Carenado did light effects - first rate!

DL

rdaniell
June 15th, 2012, 17:35
One of my favourite trainers too. One of those older models that just seems to hold its age really well. There's been some nice USN and USMC paints too, depending on where your interests lie. Have always liked how Carenado did light effects - first rate! DL

DL, the T-34 holds a special place in my memory. I got to ride in the back seat of one when I was about 11 or 12 years old. My dad worked at Bainbridge Air Base, Bainbridge, Georgia, back in the late 1950s and early 1960s. I was probably only about 6 or 7 years old when I got my first ride in a Piper J3. Been in love with aviation ever since. I'm an Air Force veteran. Served as a loadmaster on C-130s. Learned to fly at the Aero Club Charleston AFB, South Carolina.

RD

Ferry_vO
June 16th, 2012, 02:24
I too love the Fs9 version, and I've looked at the FsX version last week. Is it the same model as the Fs9 version but with FsX features or is it a newer, more detailed model?

rdaniell
June 16th, 2012, 03:30
I too love the Fs9 version, and I've looked at the FsX version last week. Is it the same model as the Fs9 version but with FsX features or is it a newer, more detailed model?

Ferry_vO, since the texture files are still BMP rather than DDS format, I don't think it is a new model. All I can tell you with any degree of confidence is that I'm happy with the purchase. I have looked at this model for quite some time as I really enjoy flying it in FS9 but, now do most of my flying in FSX. Since I started flying FSX most of the time now, I've only purchased two airplanes that I have in FS9. Sim Flight 3D's Cessna 140 and Carenado's T-34.

RD

OleBoy
June 16th, 2012, 06:50
I've always wondered why Carenado has not made a native FSX version of the T34. At the standards they're doing work lately, I would jump all over it.

Roger
June 16th, 2012, 07:03
It is native in the sense that there are interior and exterior models in the model folder, there is no prop behind the clouds and there are bump maps in the texture folder. But it is a model conversion from the Fs9 version rather than built from the ground up as an FsX model.

MHAircraft
June 16th, 2012, 07:11
I have no idea how authentic the FDE is, but it surely is one sweet little plane to hand fly in FSX.

OleBoy
June 16th, 2012, 07:16
Those of you who know me, know I enjoy doing repaints. More so than flying them. The models have to be something I really enjoy to spend any time in otherwise. So if I do buy a model, I've intentions to paint it.

Quite some time ago I looked into acquiring the Mentor mainly as a paint subject. After speaking to a few members here and learning of the file formats and template sizes being of FS9 denominations, I quickly change my mind as I don't wish to redraw everything to 2048. My interests subsided.

bmd
June 18th, 2012, 05:36
Hello,

I have the FsX version oif the Carenado's T-34B. This is oone of my favorite model. The external model and the virtual cockpit are first class ones. It is a pleasure to fly with the model.

You can find flight manuals at
http://www.t-34.com/

The T-34A USAF flight manual
http://www.t-34.com/documents/manuals/T-34A_Flight_Handbook_(TO_1T-34A-1).pdf
The T-34B NAVY flight manual
http://www.t-34.com/documents/manuals/T-34B_NATOPS_Flt_Man_NAVAIR_01-90KDB-1.pdf

Have a good day

Benoit

rdaniell
June 18th, 2012, 06:04
Thanks for the link to the T-34 manuals.:salute:

RD