PDA

View Full Version : Thank you, and good night.

flyby
October 3rd, 2008, 12:54
Just to say farewell to SOH friends I've made, but I no longer share the same ideals and philosophy as this CFS3 forum and won't be contributing to it anymore.

Can I ask admin to remove my name from the database? Thank you.

SLIP STREAM
October 3rd, 2008, 13:00
what just happened??? any way to fix this flyby?

Nonato
October 3rd, 2008, 13:33
Just to say farewell to SOH friends I've made, but I no longer share the same ideals and philosophy as this CFS3 forum and won't be contributing to it anymore.

Stan, please...is there anything at all we can do to change your mind?:isadizzy:

middle
October 3rd, 2008, 13:40
:isadizzy:???????

Starspeeder_3000
October 3rd, 2008, 16:48
Wow, a slap in the face to me as well! Where are ya headed FlyBy? I thought you were doing so well... I'm sorry to see ya go!

dancat
October 3rd, 2008, 17:37
well I guess there is no need to email you (flyby) the I-16 model we just talked about.

Capt. Winters
October 3rd, 2008, 18:37
Hi Flyby,

I'm sorry to see you go mate, I dont know what happened to make you take this action. But I wish you well in what ever it is you deside to do in the future.

thank you very much for your contribution over the years, your comments will be missed and your youtube films will be soorly missed, they were great advertisements for the CFS3 world.

I hope to see you around the traps,

take it easy,

regards Rob.

Murray Cod
October 3rd, 2008, 20:11
Noooooooooooo!!

Hopefully you will come back again one day, or at least surf anonomously, but thanks for all your input to date, and most of all thankyou for some excellent YouTube videos. We will be poorer for your absence.

Murray:wavey:

ronnybengt
October 3rd, 2008, 23:15
FLY by.....this is sad news.....your contributionhasbeen invaluable...as your skill and knowledge...godbless in all you do...

some feedback on why you leave us migh tbenefit us still here..but thats only my twopence

takecare m8
R

hairyspin
October 4th, 2008, 05:29
Sorry to hear this, flyby; and I'm as baffled as the rest as to the reasons. :isadizzy: Your name is still up on the ETO credits, so even if I never look at another YouTube video you'll not be forgotten.

Lang may your lum reek - and anything else you build! :wavey:

TUFFGUY67
October 4th, 2008, 05:47

Flyby ....we do not know each other but as a recently new member it was only several days ago I first viewed your cfs3 ETO VIDS , on youtube........I was moved to tears and totally impressed. I am sure u must have very valid reasons and it is none of my business.

I just feel as i am sure many more of the members here must also feel, saddened and disappointed to learn of your departure. I hope you reconsider..........however I wish you well.

"...BLUE SKIES..."

WV-903
October 4th, 2008, 07:52
Thanks for your help Fly-By with Add-Ons and Tactics Flying CFS3 -much appreciated. Can only echo Tuff Guy and other Members concerns and wonders.

You are always welcome back in my book. Have fun in whatever you do. :d:applause:

Bye M8 :wavey:

Bill T.

corpse grinder
October 4th, 2008, 09:14
A sad day indeed. I am sorry that it has come to this Stan. One more before you go...:icon29:

darkrevan
October 4th, 2008, 11:05
yo stan, good luck stonecarver-have a dark one fo' me-

seacondor
October 4th, 2008, 11:11
Sad to see you go Flyby. Your work has been great fun and us designers much appreciate it. Good luck where ever you go.:medals:

Dave(Dangerous)Boynton
October 4th, 2008, 11:23
What happened here? I hope you still call and visit even as a guest. We'll miss all the videos you did and like people above have said they were a big advertisment for the cfs3 world and will be sorely missed.

Take care mate, will miss ya fellow Mossie fan.

Dave

nio
October 5th, 2008, 01:11
Stan

Whatever your reasons for leaving this forum, it is a fact that it will be the poorer for your departure.

You have been a tireless supporter and contributor and I, for one, would like to thank you for that and pay tribute to you for all that you have said and done.

I am hoping that I am reading your post correctly and that your departure from this particular CFS3 forum will not mean that you are also leaving OFF (where your contribution has been equally valued),although your request to be removed from the database points in that direction.

You have also been and remain a highly valued member of the Boys of 60 squadron.We all hope to see you at our dedicated forum and online with us when P3 is released.Maybe ,and I know it borders on the heretical, you will even try joining us to fly IL21946 modded.

We are having a lot of fun.

Best

Nick

:wavey:

polecat0942
October 5th, 2008, 04:30
I've posted this elsewhere but I sincerely hope you change your mind and decide to stay. If not, I wish you luck in your endeavers whatever they may be. Good Luck and you will be sorely missed.

:ernae:

John

Osudog
October 5th, 2008, 05:14
Dog:isadizzy::isadizzy: to the list Flyby of ones that hope you stay active here on SOH and BO 60 the CFS world would lose a fantastic supporter from you absent but we are with you on what ever you need to do:ernae:

pete1
October 5th, 2008, 05:27
flyby,thanks for all your help,really hope you reconsider,the cfs3 community will be all the poorer without you.

stumpjumper1
October 5th, 2008, 05:43
well you know where i stand at stan, besides who else can make such good movies of my mustard gas and other mods lol:costumes:

mustang
October 5th, 2008, 06:28
This is truly a loss to our community. I do hope you'll be with those of us who fly OFF once P3 is released.

Sir Rod
October 5th, 2008, 06:49
You don't know me Stan,

but I sure as hell know you and all the wonderful things and movies that you have made and have always been most impressed at the gorges work you do. Our would would certainly be poorer for you going.

I echo the words of Nio's, Ousdogs, StumpJumpers, Capt Winters, Murry Cod, Polecat & Mustang and hope you will find it in your countenance to come and visit us at the Boys of 60 forum.

I for one would hate to loose the opportunity of seeing your talent and imagination. Your contributions would be sorely missed.

What ever is wrong, we can fix it. What ever is bad, we can make good.
Who ever did this to you, we will send the Boys. If you are Frazzed and worn out, we will help you rest with banter and good company.

Don't go Stan. Have a hot toddy and re-thing this thing.

Kind regards

Sir Rod.

gianlucabagatti
October 5th, 2008, 07:39
hi flyby, you gave so much to our beloved world of cfs3 and even if I respect middle so much as an admin I have to say: laws are made to be respected but sometimes we should be able to watch beyond... we will miss you so much. I still think you did what you did for good and still hope there could be a way to arrange that now or in the next future.my best regards, gianluca

middle
October 5th, 2008, 11:37
Wait! I'm not an admin....Flyby, why don't ya come back and talk about this?

Mad Dog
October 6th, 2008, 02:32
SOH wont be the same with out you. Any chances of you changing your mind?
Thanks for all the times youve helped.

BeauBrummie
October 6th, 2008, 03:21
Stan was one of the first buddies I made here, and will miss his illuminating posts. I hope to keep in contact with him personally and I'm sure he'd be touched by the comments made here. I can't speak here of his reasons for leaving, but they were important ones for him, so ta-ta mate and thanks for all the fish!

Beau

Nonato
October 6th, 2008, 04:09
Stan was one of the first buddies I made here, and will miss his illuminating posts. I hope to keep in contact with him personally and I'm sure he'd be touched by the comments made here. I can't speak here of his reasons for leaving, but they were important ones for him, so ta-ta mate and thanks for all the fish!

Beau

Sir Beau

If you allow me, Sir, I'd like to make mine your words about this great guy:applause:

Nonato

UnknownGuest12
October 6th, 2008, 04:49
Just love these grandiose gestures....just go away and no need to tell your appreciated friends, why, who or what, offended my dear self...perhaps this way everybody will feel bad, perhaps a little guilty, and myself will always fly above the grey clouds.
Flyby, have no idea about your contributions, if you are a bad or good guy.
Find the vast majority of the people here, in the forums, and most of all, the Administrators, excellent persons beyond any repair. Some of them are just begging you to return.
So, would you be so kind and be more specific? You have all the right to go away, no one´s discussing that, but when you say nothing you´re accusing everybody.
best regards

remcoc
October 6th, 2008, 11:25
Hi Flyby (don't know if you still read this messages),

What went wrong? We didn't have any personal contact, but I admire your work and posts. Is there anything we can do?

RemcoC

loverboy1
October 6th, 2008, 12:40
"Live Well and Prosper." Always accompanied by the traditional Vulcan sign, Spock (Leonard Nimoy) and other Vulcans made this famous movie (http://www.associatedcontent.com/theme/1373/movieworld.html) quote only second in popularity to "Beam me up, Scotty." The customary Vulcan phrase reminds of the peaceful nature of Vulcans and their humanity (but don't let Spock hear you say that). And it reminds us that even though they are supposedly non-emotional beings, even they have a sincere desire for others' happiness.

cristiano103
October 6th, 2008, 21:48
Hi Flyby

I don't know You personally but I saw what You have done for this community and I can't believe that You are going to leave it.
You have certainly your reasons to do so and we have nothing to say but, let me say that it will be a sad loss for we all and You leave us with the doubt of what made You take that decision; if someone made something wrong with You I think it was made without intention and so it would be the right thing to let him know to avoid that it will happen with other again.
That's only my thought, the real things stay with You.

However, for whatever will be your new way, have good luck and may You always fly in clear skyes (but if You stay with us we shall be happier).

Cristiano

the Dutchman
October 7th, 2008, 06:00
You either leave in silence or explain what your problem is,this is useless and gives room for speculations.......!?
I'm sure we will all listen to a highly respected member like you!

flyby
October 7th, 2008, 09:56
OK fellas, I'll keep this brief.

First, I thank you sincerely for all your kind comments. I'm really quite humbled and more than a little embarrased to be held in such regard, and a mere 'thank you' doesn't seem to do it justice, - but thank you all the same.

I don't 'do' gestures Beaufighter, I left the SOH for good reason, I still feel the same, and do not expect I'll be back. Friends have urged me to explain myself, and against my better judgement I will do so.

I was gutted to learn our huge SOH database, spanning CFS3, CFS2, CFS1, FS2004, FSX etc had been lost, apparently forever. I cannot imagine a greater loss to our community. I know there was a lot of 'blethering' much of the time, but there was also layer upon layer of priceless expertise dedicated to keeping our systems working, a huge and intricate library of virtual experience and creativity, and all those spoken experiences of real veterans still amongst us. All of it gone.

I then became very uncomfortable to learn the reason this had happened was due to hosting the ETO release. As primarily a CFS3 player, I cannot help feeling a creeping sense of collective responsibility, - I believe we now owe our brothers across these wider forums a considerable and very humble apology.

I know and appreciate this was a terrible accident which many people bitterly regret happening, however the huge demand on bandwidth was definitely not an unforeseen issue. The huge initial demand on available bandwidth had swamped both OFF 1 & 2, and MAW on their release, despite the most dilligent preparations. How many times does this have to happen before the collective penny drops? We should have known better.

I won't point the finger, (there was more than one person anyway), but I found it rather distasteful that in the shadow of this disaster, people should comment to the effect that 'at least this problem showed the ETO was popular'. Hmmm, popular maybe, (and an excellent package I hugely admire) but all I was beginning to see was a monster I didn't recognise, which had just destroyed the living breathing soul of our forum.

The more I thought about it the angrier I got. The bandwidth issue was known, and better ways around the problem were known, - and known to work. The bit torrent which supported the MAW release was a tremendous success, and I remember the 'buzz' of watching well over 100 people at any one time download the release, getting faster and faster the more people who joined in. The busier it gets, the more and more efficient the torrent becomes. 'Unlimited download'is a term which means nothing, - ask the OFF team, - it's all about bandwidth. With torrenting, bandwidth is just not an issue.

I don't know whether it was already too late when he began, but it seemed to me Johann Steve had been alert to the problem, and one of the few prepared to actively help alleviate the problem by file sharing his own ETO copy. - Thus letting others obtain the ETO package from an additional source, sparing the overworked primary source and 'doubling' the number of available ETO download sources. He was using emule and quite open about it, (not a bit torrent as I initially understood), but the critical point was he was providing a new source for filesharing. Instead of supporting him however, he was condemned for doing this without permission, (the forum was in chaos you may recall), and ultimately banned for doing this. Though subjective perhaps, it seemed to me Johann Steve was the only person constructively helping, but was treated as if he was trying to steal the ETO and fire off bootleg copies. It was clear from his immediate comments he didn't understand he was doing anything wrong, and in the circumstances I do not believe he was. With the primary download collapsing, we needed a lot more Johann Steves, not the launching of attacks on the only help in town. Who was going to offer up their bandwidth after seeing what happened to Johann? Had we spread the burden of download more widely in the beginning, we just might have saved our forum. Johann Steve was condemned and banned. In my opinion this was inappropriate. What are our priorities here?

Running in parallel with the Johann Steve's file sharing issue, the Warfreak issue erupted. We all know Warfreak was a young gun prone to speaking out before his brain was fully in gear, but he is just a 14 year old, over enthusiatic kid needing some guidance on forum protocols, the like of which Dancat was (ok angrily) giving him in no uncertain terms. Happy to see that Dancat. The kid was a little shocked, but beginning to get the message I thought. However, following Warfreaks whinge about how long his ETO download was taking, a plan was hatched to get rid of him. I cannot show you the actual comments, because they appear in a private forum, but to quote one thread title 'Attenion XXX and others...I think I got Warfreak". - Yup, you sure did.
Cut a long story short, efforts set out to provoke a reaction from Warfreak, and ban him when he fell into the trap. You talk about dignity and respect? Want me to post the links? Well congratulations guys, you've proven yourselves smarter than an impressionable 14 year old kid, whom you've no doubt left very upset and bitter. Maybe he did need to tone down and think a bit more before he posted, but I cannot respect they way you went about getting rid of him. OK he swore, - (because you knew he would), and got offensive, - just like you all knew a 14 year old kid would - if you just kept pushing. He broke those rules so out he goes. Oh yeah, quote - "in three months he can email Ickie and grovel and snivel and beg forgiveness and promise not to do it again". - Hmmm, not if he's got any sense he won't.

It was right about then, that I decided it was time for me just to move on. I just felt very uncomfortable with all of this. That was all. I'm not intending to start a flame war, or huge debate, - it's not important for me anymore, I'm gone. It's your forum, run it how you like. I actually don't agree this disclosure will help, progress, or resolve anything. I actually think it can only make things worse, and that was not my intention. Next time somebody wants to walk away quietly, - you might want to think about letting them.

For the record, I'm not giving up flight sims, and I'm still looking forward to OFF3, but it's just the SOH which no longer feels like home.

I'm done. I would very much welcome this thread being closed now.

middle
October 7th, 2008, 11:12
No, I am not going to close this untill all have had a chance to respond.

Dangerousdave26
October 7th, 2008, 12:30
OK fellas, I'll keep this brief.

First, I thank you sincerely for all your kind comments. I'm really quite humbled and more than a little embarrased to be held in such regard, and a mere 'thank you' doesn't seem to do it justice, - but thank you all the same.

Your Welcome

I was gutted to learn our huge SOH database, spanning CFS3, CFS2, CFS1, FS2004, FSX etc had been lost, apparently forever. I cannot imagine a greater loss to our community...SNIP

Very correct a Hugh lose but what it really pointed out that the backups of the system need to be modified to include a monthly or weekly back up to new media that is not over written. Plain and simple this will prevent the problem from happening on this scale again.

The more I thought about it the angrier I got. The bandwidth issue was known, and better ways around the problem were known, - and known to work. The bit torrent which supported the MAW release was a tremendous success, and I remember the 'buzz' of watching well over 100 people at any one time download the release, getting faster and faster the more people who joined in. The busier it gets, the more and more efficient the torrent becomes. 'Unlimited download'is a term which means nothing, - ask the OFF team, - it's all about bandwidth. With torrenting, bandwidth is just not an issue.

I don't know whether it was already too late when he began, but it seemed to me Johann Steve had been alert to the problem, and one of the few prepared to actively help alleviate the problem by file sharing his own ETO copy. - Thus letting others obtain the ETO package from an additional source, sparing the overworked primary source and 'doubling' the number of available ETO download sources. He was using emule and quite open about it, (not a bit torrent as I initially understood), but the critical point was he was providing a new source for filesharing. Instead of supporting him however, he was condemned for doing this without permission, (the forum was in chaos you may recall), and ultimately banned for doing this. Though subjective perhaps, it seemed to me Johann Steve was the only person constructively helping, but was treated as if he was trying to steal the ETO and fire off bootleg copies. It was clear from his immediate comments he didn't understand he was doing anything wrong, and in the circumstances I do not believe he was. With the primary download collapsing, we needed a lot more Johann Steves, not the launching of attacks on the only help in town. Who was going to offer up their bandwidth after seeing what happened to Johann? Had we spread the burden of download more widely in the beginning, we just might have saved our forum. Johann Steve was condemned and banned. In my opinion this was inappropriate. What are our priorities here?

Johann Steve was unduly persecuted as far as I am concerned. The explanation given in the Respect and Dignity thread did not hold water. He did not as reported continue to post the availability of the download after he was warned instead the time line went like this.

September 30 2008, 14:28 post number 4 here (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=384) Johann Steve posts he is sharing the files via eMule

September 30 2008 19:02 Post number 37 here (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=301&page=2) Johann Steve posts in this thread he is sharing the file via eMule.

AT 18:49 and 19:07 rpb71854 rightfully asks that he discontinue sharing the file as he is in violation of the license agreement. (which he was) No arguments there.

September 30, 2008 @ 19:11 and 19:14 Johann Steve apologies in both threads and discontinues sharing the file (I am assuming).

I believe that he should be allowed back into the forums with an apologies from the Admins. He was wrong to share the file but considering all that was happening at that time it would not be unreasonable to forgive him for being overly helpful. It is not like he was sharing the file and posting it in another forum that it was available he announced it here at the Outhouse and was hiding nothing.

Do as you will but I stand behind my convictions that he was unfairly treated. Trust me I am a it's black or its white type of guy but I see a whole lot of gray here.

Running in parallel with the Johann Steve's file sharing issue, the Warfreak issue erupted. We all know Warfreak was a young gun prone to speaking out before his brain was fully in gear, but he is just a 14 year old, over enthusiatic kid needing some guidance on forum protocols, the like of which Dancat was (ok angrily) giving him in no uncertain terms. Happy to see that Dancat. The kid was a little shocked, but beginning to get the message I thought. However, following Warfreaks whinge about how long his ETO download was taking, a plan was hatched to get rid of him. I cannot show you the actual comments, because they appear in a private forum, but to quote one thread title 'Attenion XXX and others...I think I got Warfreak". - Yup, you sure did.
Cut a long story short, efforts set out to provoke a reaction from Warfreak, and ban him when he fell into the trap. You talk about dignity and respect? Want me to post the links? Well congratulations guys, you've proven yourselves smarter than an impressionable 14 year old kid, whom you've no doubt left very upset and bitter. Maybe he did need to tone down and think a bit more before he posted, but I cannot respect they way you went about getting rid of him. OK he swore, - (because you knew he would), and got offensive, - just like you all knew a 14 year old kid would - if you just kept pushing. He broke those rules so out he goes. Oh yeah, quote - "in three months he can email Ickie and grovel and snivel and beg forgiveness and promise not to do it again". - Hmmm, not if he's got any sense he won't.
...snip

This is news to me but it explains some of the resposes that I saw that I took offense to. Clearly this individual needed a lesson in forum edict but now I see there are others who do as well. That is shameful behavior and adults should not be acting that way. You want to complain about how kids are today well you just messed that one up but good.

In the old database (now long gone) I remember reading someone posting (in the news hawks I think) If you have a problem with what a members saying take it off forum and send them a PM. That is what should have been done in this case.

I am not going to advise sending him an apology but the Admins should look into this {edit} (Baiting) and discipline the offending parties....OFF Forum. {edited for clarification}

It was right about then, that I decided it was time for me just to move on. I just felt very uncomfortable with all of this. That was all. I'm not intending to start a flame war, or huge debate, - it's not important for me anymore, I'm gone. It's your forum, run it how you like. I actually don't agree this disclosure will help, progress, or resolve anything. I actually think it can only make things worse, and that was not my intention. Next time somebody wants to walk away quietly, - you might want to think about letting them.

... SNIP

Nope you have only helped raise the bar.

Take a vacation if you will.

Come back when you are well rested. This forum is not and will not be perfect but always evolving.

Thanks again for your help and advise (now in threads unaccessible) :icon_lol:

Dave

PS you call that Brief ... :d

BeauBrummie
October 7th, 2008, 14:03
That is a nice and even handed summary Dave. I absolutely concur with Johann being reinstated (if he wants to come back).

As for Warfreak, that's a more tricky one. Nowadays 14 year olds are considered near adults by many (not me), but he didn't come over as a very mature 14. 14 year olds are not renown for their thinking ahead and reflecting, which is what we all should do before typing on a forum. So he should have been given a firm (non-abusive) warning. I've seen some chat posts my friend's teenage daughters send and they could make your hair curl, so maybe the kid was used to that stuff. For a number of people his complete insensitivity in the thread that involved Ed was too much. WF did have a number of folk speaking up for him, but in the end the hawks won. Some form of chastisement, showing the error of his ways was necessary. I gather Middle PM'd him and obviously we don't know what the tone or content of Middle's PM was to him was but from his posts, I guess it was some straight talking (no problem with that either), if however if he was wound up until he self distructed then shame on those who did it.

It's a big community with as is usual in such cases there are always some personality clashes. I must admit the WF's mails that I read put my back up just by their tone if not actual content. But that's the trouble with this form of communication, it's very 2-D and doesn't allow for the other subtler forms we all use on a day to day basis.

Admin have at times an unenviable job in the decisions they sometimes have to make, but others were involved here. We all have a responsibilty to ensure evenhandedness (is that a real word?) not just admin.

I'm saddened to lose Stan in this way but he has made us a bit more thoughtful, I hope.

Beau

Moparmike
October 7th, 2008, 14:11
...snipped...

So he should have been given a firm (non-abusive) warning.

Warfreak had received several warnings from myself and other staffers previously about his language and attitude on the forum. His last outbreak was basically the straw that broke the camel's back.

the Dutchman
October 7th, 2008, 15:55
Impolite,impatient and improper behaviour seems common on forums across the boards with kids these days,hey if their parents didn't raise them properly someone has to,right?

Henry
October 7th, 2008, 16:36
Impolite,impatient and improper behaviour seems common on forums across the boards with kids these days,hey if their parents didn't raise them properly someone has to,right?
maybe but its not my job
i have my own
H

Cameljockey
October 7th, 2008, 17:51
Here, Here, Henry!:ernae::ernae::ernae:Well said. I've raised one daughter who is 19 now and she will say "yes sir, and no sir" when speaking to myself and my contemporaries because she was taught to respect others, especially her elders. I also have a 2 1/2 year old son who will be raised the same way. It's the way it's supposed to be. IMHO

CJ

Henry
October 7th, 2008, 17:52
one thing i never understand
is why you ask such a question
and it has been asked multiple times
you do not need me to do that
you can just walk away
but i have noticed that people do not want to walk away
they are pi**ed off
one thing to understand
the staff here are not doing this
for there health
we are trying to do whats best for all
we have rules, if someone breaks one
sorry you know the rules
actually Johanne knew he broke them
but what happens is you are not helping him
you are actually hurting him
i will see things as they actually are
pushing buttons and threatening to leave
does not help anyone
ill say fine go for it
i will not justify my results
if Admin said just kill off cfs3 forum
it could happen i do not want that and im sure you do not
if we wish to continue
i suggest we obey rules
if you do not like the SOH find somewhere else
the Staff is not the Holy Ghost
we do our best
dont like it go elsewhere
free world
H

hairyspin
October 7th, 2008, 21:58
Hmmm. I'm not so sure warfreak couldn't have been dealt with in a more humorous, light-hearted way by the members. I had been thinking we might throw him cookies until he piped down a little - he was plainly a kid - but things had already come to a head when I next looked. I didn't think he was being disrespectful to Ed, he was just asking things a newbie who'd never heard of Ed might ask with less tact than sense. I had entertained hopes he might pick a fight with someone like Bear and could I hold the jackets please!
However, he went up like a distress flare, which is horribly easy to do. I've often been tempted myself but it's better to stay a little detached - the old-style British self-deprecation is invaluable in such cases, old chap, and it's always possible I might mis-read someone's post and blow up at nothing.
Who'd be an admin......

I do agree with flyby on the loss of the posts - that is a great loss. We'll just have to keep blethering and asking each other questions in the hope of rebuilding that knowledge base to some extent.

Chin chin.

sittingbison
October 7th, 2008, 23:52
hope to see your filums on youtube flyby, keep 'em coming. thanks for your time, advice and efforts, I really appreciated them.

I've been peeved by people here (and elsewhere) - remember we are like a box of chocolates - but I suppose my enjoyment of the others witty responses and observations (especially in OFF) has overcome this. I've even got over losing the Catalina:costumes:.

cheers:ernae:
bison

bonefish
October 8th, 2008, 01:46
"Next time somebody wants to walk away quietly, - you might want to think about letting them."

Not going quietly at all.
I guess breaking up is hard to do.
SEAN

ronnybengt
October 8th, 2008, 02:13
damn..thats all, damn shame....after reading FLYs last post....I feel discouraged myself.....I do sincerely hope to see ya back here...
The spirit is here man,, it is..........

R

UnknownGuest12
October 8th, 2008, 08:00
Thanks flyby, for letting us know your reasons.
Best of Luck

Firebar
October 9th, 2008, 10:03
Keep up the interest Flyby, maybe sometime in the future when everything has calmed down you'll return. Many of us will watch for you on the horizon, I know you've helped me several times. Mayhap we will see you again.

Please remember not all of us teenagers are irresponsible, some of us just get wound up tight and it has to go somewhere. Perhaps its is easier to explode at people that you don't know. However, from what i've seen people on this forum have almost always been politer than people you sometimes meet face to face.

Good Luck Flyby, stay in clear blue skies.

Matt

(Someone 16 not too long ago)

lewis11777
October 10th, 2008, 12:55
Flyby thanks for your involvement in the forum and your contributions to cfs3, you helped to make up the character of this forum. When you leave a part of this forum goes with you. Hope you will remember the commradre.

Lewis

darkrevan
October 14th, 2008, 11:21
guess what, i did not even know ETO was out:costumes:

moar planes in there?

stan, my friend, if i ever manage to call by the place you live i owe ya more than a pint -