PDA

View Full Version : Italian B-24D Liberator MTO.zip

Allen
June 14th, 2012, 09:28
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/soh_ftp/uploads/imageuploads/247413396520828106.png
A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Skins - Other

Description: This Liberator 'Blonde Bomber II' captured on 24th February 1943 after taking damage from AA fire and do to navigation error it landed at Pachino, Sicily instead of Malta.

For stock or overhauled B-24D Liberator. Complete with damage texture and _R and _B texures for overhaul model.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Italian B-24D Liberator MTO.zip (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?linkid=13417&catid=61)
The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

mvg3d
June 15th, 2012, 00:22
Description: This Liberator 'Blonde Bomber II' captured on 24th February 1943 after taking damage from AA fire and do to navigation error it landed at Pachino, Sicily instead of Malta.

Hi Allen,
There is NO evidence of application of standard Regia's (Dark Green/Light Grey) camouflage on Blonde Bomber II, probably ONLY Italian insignas were applied on original "Desert Pink" overall paint.
After a short testing by Italian pilots at Guidonia's airport the plane was "picked" from Germans and sent to Rechlin.
:salute::salute::salute::salute:

SSI01
June 15th, 2012, 03:46
I have seen a collection of stills from a WWII Italian propaganda film allegedly showing BBII w/engines idling, then shutting down, and the crew running out of the aircraft to their captors where cordial greetings were exchanged all around. The aircraft was obviously in its desert pink camouflage, prominent in the background. What was interesting was the camera angle, I don't recall seeing any parts of the aircraft that would be showing national insignia in any of these stills. Whether it changed color after this episode I do not know. That is an interesting question - what was the painting policy of the Luftwaffe Technical Department re: Allied types in their custody at Rechlin? Also - was the aircraft ever attached to the Rosarius Traveling Circus - and if so, did it change its colors once it went to that organization (which I think was actually an offshoot of Rechlin)?