PDA

View Full Version : Captain sim sale is on

flewpastu
December 28th, 2008, 15:04
YAAAAHOOOO, It worked, I got 757 propak plus freighter plus expansion packs on the 1st try and it is only 9 pounds each

Bill

Desert Rat
December 28th, 2008, 15:06
Confirmed my purchase, then redirect crashed, lol

Desert Rat
December 28th, 2008, 15:10
got the downloads running now, we'll see if they hold out.

will_b
December 28th, 2008, 15:18
The C-130 X-perience Pro Pack is 9.99 euros too:jump:

I got in with no problem and downloaded easily enough.

Now it's being snotty when I try to activate and install. I guess I'll wait until tomorrow when all the sale activity dies down.

robby88
December 28th, 2008, 15:24

I got in with no problem and downloaded easily enough.

Now it's being snotty when I try to activate and install. I guess I'll wait utnil tomorrow when all the sale activity dies down.

I had a couple of attempts at activation - the second one works. You just got to keep trying.

jimjones
December 28th, 2008, 15:32
I finally got in an was able to place an order for the full c-130 pack for the 9.99 euro price. Fantastic!

But, this was the first time placing an order so it is validating my credit. I received a receipt for the order in the email, but I don't know what happens next. Will I get another email telling how to download and activate?

Would appreciate some help from an experienced captainsim customer.

Thanks in advance.

Jim

Boomer
December 28th, 2008, 15:40
Good luck to ya'll!

sade60461
December 28th, 2008, 15:46
I finally got in an was able to place an order for the full c-130 pack for the 9.99 euro price. Fantastic!

But, this was the first time placing an order so it is validating my credit. I received a receipt for the order in the email, but I don't know what happens next. Will I get another email telling how to download and activate?

Thanks in advance.

Jim

jomjones,

I too am new to the captain and have the same as you. Placed order and recieved confirmation email and nothing else. No dl link either.

David

will_b
December 28th, 2008, 15:54

Thanks in advance.

Jim

Did you happen to write down your order #?

I printed out the confirm screen and if you've got it there's something on that you may want to try.

It says if you don't get the email with the d/l links:

1. Please Check into to Your Profile using the order # and email.

2. Click:Product Name > Extended Download service.

pbearsailor
December 28th, 2008, 16:07
I think we just have to wait and another email will show up.

I tried logging into my account with the new order number and it didn't, so I think patience is the key. Seems like I waited a couple hours last time I bought from them.

cheers,
steve :wavey:

Panther_99FS
December 28th, 2008, 16:14

Exactly what I just purchased...:mixedsmi: (Sure beats the original 89.00 Euro..) :jump:

Scratch
December 28th, 2008, 16:18
Dang, in less than 5 minutes I got the C-130 Pro Pack ordered, email link, and started the download. That's freakin' fast:applause:

jimjones
December 28th, 2008, 16:21
The first email I received was from 2checkout.com and it supplied an order number.

Went to 2checkout.com, selected the help tab, then the locate your order line, and gave my 2checkout.com order number with my zip.

Received a message indicating that my order had not been shipped from the vendor:captainsim.

So I suspect another email will arrive, but WHEN. It's been over an hour.

The order number will not work with captainsim, and my email address was not even recognized by captainsim. So I guess 2checkout.com is acting as an agent for captainsim. Interesting.

JimC1702
December 28th, 2008, 16:27
I purchased the C-130 Pro Pack and got the order confirmation and download link both immediately. Already downloaded, installed and one successful take-off.

Just went back and downloaded the manuals.

I've wanted this plane for a LONG time. I'm a happy camper, I also got the Carenado Mooney and C-182 "two-fer" today. Merry Christmas to me!

Thanks to everyone here for the heads up on the Captain Sim sale.

Jim

pbearsailor
December 28th, 2008, 16:32
I think it depends on how we pay. I used the 2checkout on the 130 and still haven't got a link. When I realized we could get the whole Pro Packs for 10 euros, I went back and bought the 757, but used Paypal and got the link almost immediately.

jimjones
December 28th, 2008, 16:33
Dang, in less than 5 minutes I got the C-130 Pro Pack ordered, email link, and started the download. That's freakin' fast:applause:

How big is the Pro Pack?

Panther_99FS
December 28th, 2008, 16:34
How big is the Pro Pack?

'Bout 130mb

JimC1702
December 28th, 2008, 16:34
100 Mb

Jim

Roger
December 28th, 2008, 16:37
Well I've paid but I can't get to the download. Maybe I'll leave it 'til tomorrow.

Panther_99FS
December 28th, 2008, 16:39
100 Mb

Jim

Correct - I had a typo, should read "103" mb :redf:

gigabyte
December 28th, 2008, 16:41
Another Happy Camper I jusy got the C130 Pro Pack downloaded, I do have a question before I try to install, has anyone every tried to reinstall one of the Cptn Sim downloads after reinstalling FSX? I want to install now but I am also thinking of redoing my FSX install completely and I don't want to get into problems with activation on reinstall later?

Dangerous Beans
December 28th, 2008, 16:43
It says the pro pack is 59.99 Eur ,douse it change the price at the checkout ?

gigabyte
December 28th, 2008, 16:48
It showed the proper converted Cdn$ for me, just click the flag at the top for your country and it should update to the proper converted currency.

Barvan40
December 28th, 2008, 16:50

Beans, just click on the sales graphic on the CS home page with the guy making happy fists and the girl on the laptop with the yippee arms.

Then select your method of payment and it will take you to the product page with the sale. Everything there is 9.99 Euro.

Barry

Dangerous Beans
December 28th, 2008, 16:51
The currency conversion works but its showing the full price not the sale one.

EDIT: Thanks Barry, got it.

modelr
December 28th, 2008, 16:52

Refresh your page, it must be an old one. Also, make sure you are in the "store" otherwise you get the wrong price.

Got mine thru paypal, sent me immediately to download page. I got the XLoad and C-130 Pro Pack. XLoad downloaded in less than a minute, 700+MBPS, C-130 is hung at 33% :banghead::banghead:. The links are good for 72 hours, I wonder if I should cancel and try again??? I've never tried a second download from the link on my other purchases. Any one know if I can restart???

jdhaenens
December 28th, 2008, 16:53
I used the 2co as well, started my download then it stopped. Did the sign in thing, but had to try the extended download thing a few times before I got a link. Now am 90% downloaded....don't give up!

Jim

modelr
December 28th, 2008, 16:54
Another Happy Camper I jusy got the C130 Pro Pack downloaded, I do have a question before I try to install, has anyone every tried to reinstall one of the Cptn Sim downloads after reinstalling FSX? I want to install now but I am also thinking of redoing my FSX install completely and I don't want to get into problems with activation on reinstall later?

Don't know about the FSX versions, but I've reloaded my FS9 versions with no trouble. Just make sure you have your numbers, it does ask for them again.

jimjones
December 28th, 2008, 16:55

If you use the download store icon, you should see the price of 9.99 Euro for the propack before checking out. You should see a collection of products, the C-130 being one of them. Select that and you will see 4 , I think, c-130 products to choose from, each one for 9.99 Euro. Checkout follows.

Don't proceed along the 59.99 route.

modelr
December 28th, 2008, 16:56
Gonna stop and restart now, hope all goes well.

I've already recieved my email with the links to the US server, but I tried it and got a "Not found" page. They must be swamped!!!

modelr
December 28th, 2008, 16:59
Yes!!

It restarted from where I canceled. going good, now.:jump::jump:

jojohnson9
December 28th, 2008, 16:59
I just ordered the C-130 Base Pack and was charged full price....I assumed it would correct during checkout. It did not. Be careful how you order. I don't know if Captain Sim will give me credit. I'll post if they do.

gigabyte
December 28th, 2008, 17:01
Don't know about the FSX versions, but I've reloaded my FS9 versions with no trouble. Just make sure you have your numbers, it does ask for them again.

Thanks Modelr, I am going ot give it a go, I can't wait to reinstall everything, I have some holes to make in the ground with that Hurky bird - see panther you are not the only one who plays Crash Test Dummy...lol

Hope every one had a great Xmas :)

modelr
December 28th, 2008, 17:06
Why did you order the base pack?? Since they are all the same price, each of the packs, individually, OR the PRO pack (All 3 as ONE package) the pro pack is the smarter buy. Maybe you ordered them individually??

I think the FS9 version is also available in an all in one pack, also, altho it is downloaded in separate packs.

Pepere
December 28th, 2008, 17:06
To get the sale price you have to go to the top of site where the sale is advertized and click on that. DON'T GO ALL THE WAY SHOWING THE FULL PRICE :bs:

David :kilroy:

modelr
December 28th, 2008, 17:07
All done downloading, now to go install. :ernae:

jojohnson9
December 28th, 2008, 17:26
Why did you order the base pack?? Since they are all the same price, each of the packs, individually, OR the PRO pack (All 3 as ONE package) the pro pack is the smarter buy. Maybe you ordered them individually??

I think the FS9 version is also available in an all in one pack, also, altho it is downloaded in separate packs.

Oh what a stupid I am...not only did I mess up the order, but I got the wrong thing. The Pro Pack is the way to go. Have not received a refund yet from Captain Sim....anyone think I will?

CodyValkyrie
December 28th, 2008, 17:43
I gotta admit, this is one of the most effective marketing ploys I have seen in some time. All the forums are buzzing about it.

piperarcherpilot
December 28th, 2008, 17:46
C-130 Pro Pack! Been waiting for it for a long time...its awesome at a fantastic price!

Yes, thank you to all who have been reminding the community to jump on this. Great deal, and I agree, very effective marketing...

Roger
December 28th, 2008, 17:46
Got mine:jump:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/hercfloats.jpg

JimC1702
December 28th, 2008, 17:47
I gotta admit, this is one of the most effective marketing ploys I have seen in some time. All the forums are buzzing about it.

Except AVSIM. Apparently it's forbidden to talk about CS over there. I had a post removed tonight and someone else posted about the sale and theirs was removed too.

Jim

jdhaenens
December 28th, 2008, 17:50
AHHHH....Fat Albert is home where he belongs.

BigDog
December 28th, 2008, 17:52
I just ordered the C-130 Base Pack and was charged full price....I assumed it would correct during checkout. It did not. Be careful how you order. I don't know if Captain Sim will give me credit. I'll post if they do.

I did the same thing and I `m PISSED OFF,:banghead: thats why I HATE these people:bs:. NEVER AGAIN WILL I BUY $HIT FROM THEM. Greg

MHAircraft
December 28th, 2008, 17:53
I already got the C-130 Base Pack, and decided to grab the Pro Pack and get all the other models. :jump:

Was tempted to buy the 757, too, but then I reminded myself I seldom fly tubeliners.

MCDesigns
December 28th, 2008, 18:37
WOOHOO, pretty sweet deal for the C-130 pro pack, just finsihed d/ling.

jimjones
December 28th, 2008, 18:47
I think it depends on how we pay. I used the 2checkout on the 130 and still haven't got a link. When I realized we could get the whole Pro Packs for 10 euros, I went back and bought the 757, but used Paypal and got the link almost immediately.

Over 2.75 hrs and still no link from 2checkout. Dang, sure hope they have not fumbled the ball and cause me to lose out on such a great deal. Have you gotten your link from 2checkout yet?

pbearsailor
December 28th, 2008, 18:57
Over 2.75 hrs and still no link from 2checkout. Dang, sure hope they have not fumbled the ball and cause me to lose out on such a great deal. Have you gotten your link from 2checkout yet?

No, not yet for me either, Jim. If it's not there in the morning, there's a link on their support page for sending them an email, so I'll do that if need be. We've paid, so I'm not worried about it.

cheers,

metalman739
December 28th, 2008, 19:00
This sale is no joke, I was able to get the 757Pro and Expansion Pak for $26.00, and it took all of five minutes to get it down loaded , installed, and activated, to tell the truth I was really surprized that everything went so well, if they keep this kind of issue free sales going they will sale a lot of product. :cost1:

MCDesigns
December 28th, 2008, 19:05

Odd, I used the paypal method and had my d/l link instantaneously. took about 12 minutes to d/l the 100 mb file.

Panther_99FS
December 28th, 2008, 19:06

That's weird because I got a download link on the CaptainSim webpage right after I completed the purchase...

PeteHam
December 28th, 2008, 19:20
My order was placed about 12 minutes after the sale started.

I paid by credit card but noted the following on my sales docket ( I guess because I'm a first time customer ) ......

Your order was successfully submitted.
Your order is pending, your card has not yet been charged.
We will process your order within 24 hours, once it has
passed a series of fraud checks.

So , I'm patiently waiting ...... and waiting ...... and waiting :jump:

Pete.

jimjones
December 28th, 2008, 19:28
That's weird because I got a download link on the CaptainSim webpage right after I completed the purchase...

pbearsailor and I both obtained emails from 2checkout.com with ordernumbers from 2checkout that do not work for me in captainsim, probably because they are different systems. Like pbearsailor I'll wait till morning and pursue the issue thru 2checkout.

Ferry_vO
December 28th, 2008, 20:32

Me too, but in the wrong inbox...

Downloading the C-130 pro pack right now! :jump:

DennyA
December 28th, 2008, 21:51
Ordered the 757 and C-130 Packs and got the links immediately; I used PayPal.

For the person asking about reactivating after an FSX reinstall, I did just that today with the XPack, which I'd purchased early this year. Had no issues reinstalling on my new PC.

Why's Cap'n sim a verboten topic on AvSim?

Hopefully the CS folks will share how successful this was, and it might encourage others. There are so many planes I'd buy in a second for $13 that I just wouldn't get enough enough use from to justify $40-60...

RCAF_Gunner
December 28th, 2008, 22:56
Unfortunately, the site is down at the moment. :banghead:

6297J
December 28th, 2008, 23:13
I must have been out of the loop when the 'XLoad Expansion Pack' was released as I wasn't aware it existed until now. Is there a reason no-one is recommending it??

edit - having researched it a little, I can see why!

The C130 is amazing though

Mr.Mugel
December 28th, 2008, 23:21
Site wasn“t aviable the first 5 times I tried, but than it was, my brothers girlfriend came around, who has a credit card, and so I got me the C-130 Pro Pack, too...! Just a too good deal, not too do it! Installs now took a minute or so to download....

shackleton_boy
December 29th, 2008, 00:16
i got the C130 propack.... got all my emails within seconds.... loving it :D

90euros is alot if you convert it to ZAR :P

RCAF_Gunner
December 29th, 2008, 00:26
I managed to get in about 15 minutes ago and get the C-130 Pro Pack too. I already had the base pack so this was the perfect time to upgrade. Thanks CS. :mixedsmi:

jimjones
December 29th, 2008, 00:45
It's now 9.5 hrs since receiving my 2checkout.com order number. Still no download link received. :banghead:

Before going to bed I went to 2checkout's help desk and submitted a problem. This excerpt was in my email this morn:

Season's Greetings Jim!

Thank you for contacting 2Checkout.com. I am happy to assist you. Your order was going through our Fraud Review which is standard for all orders. Here very soon you should be receiving an email from the supplier, captainsim.com, providing you access to your download. If you do not receive access to your download within 24hrs, contact us and we will see that this matter is resolved.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to contact us, we are happy to assist you! We are available 24/7 and can be reached by reopening this ticket, by phone, or by visiting us on the web at http://www.2Checkout.com (http://www.2checkout.com/) and clicking on Live Chat to speak with one of our agents directly. Season's Greetings Jim!

shackleton_boy
December 29th, 2008, 00:51
could this be a problem with USA based credit cards?

jimjones
December 29th, 2008, 01:07
Don't know if USA credit cards are the problem. Probably just first time 2checkout customers.

Thought I would try downloading manuals, but it won't let me. Requires entering a security code ( keyin of image ), captsim's order number, and my email. Since I have only a 2checkout order number and no captainsim order number I get rejected. At the welcome guest checkin, I am faced with having to give the same info and can't get in. What the hey is up? Caught in a catch-22. :banghead:

Pretty frustrated at this point.

shackleton_boy
December 29th, 2008, 01:19
donno - i was a 1st time 2checkout client... no problems

Mr.Mugel
December 29th, 2008, 01:23
Yeah, I did it first time, too, first time I ever used a credit card to be exact... Worked great, just don“t have time for flying right now...

gajit
December 29th, 2008, 01:32
Heres a shot of the C-130 Just be glad your getting it cheap - I paid full price a few weeks ago :banghead:

grunau_baby
December 29th, 2008, 01:55
No problems here with PayPal. Got my 757 download link within minutes per mail. Considering the C-130 for FSX pro, too!

Alex

jankees
December 29th, 2008, 03:07
It's a steal at 9.99!
Thank you Captain Sim!

gigabyte
December 29th, 2008, 03:15
Don't know if USA credit cards are the problem. Probably just first time 2checkout customers.

Thought I would try downloading manuals, but it won't let me. Requires entering a security code ( keyin of image ), captsim's order number, and my email. Since I have only a 2checkout order number and no captainsim order number I get rejected. At the welcome guest checkin, I am faced with having to give the same info and can't get in. What the hey is up? Caught in a catch-22. :banghead:

Pretty frustrated at this point.

Jim I am not sure if this will Help, but I read all the details on the purchase page, if you are a first time customer you will get the delays for the Fraud Checks, unless you use one of the "Verified" Card Processes. If you noticed the "Verified by Visa (that is what I used) your card is verified and it does not go through the 2checkout fraud check.

I know it is a bit of extra hassle but being an eCommerce specialist I have to say the CS Online store is well set-up and I give them credit for that. I think the extra security is well worth it with the amount of fraud that is happening.

expat
December 29th, 2008, 03:31
Never been a huge C-130 fan (that's probably about to change :icon_lol:) but could not resist and got the pro pack and also the 727 for £18 and change!

Tweek
December 29th, 2008, 04:15
Also a happy customer here - paid through PayPal, download link within 10 seconds of purchasing it, downloaded, installed, done.

Tempted to get the XLoad aswell, for the F/A-18D. Can anyone tell me if it has more realistic handling capabilities than the actual Acceleration F/A-18C?

wildcat400
December 29th, 2008, 04:19
Tempted to get the XLoad aswell, for the F/A-18D. Can anyone tell me if it has more realistic handling capabilities than the actual Acceleration F/A-18C?
Captain Sim made the F-18 for Accelerator. Same cockpit just a 2 seat D model hornet. I have it , and like it. Adds a bit of flair with having a navigator in the back. ;)

wildcat400
December 29th, 2008, 04:29
Just ordered the C-130 pro pack. Downloading now! WOOO!!! :ernae:

Tweek
December 29th, 2008, 04:35
Captain Sim made the F-18 for Accelerator. Same cockpit just a 2 seat D model hornet. I have it , and like it. Adds a bit of flair with having a navigator in the back. ;)

I thought that was the case, but thought I'd read somewhere that they may have tweaked it so it was a little more realistic than the C. Oh well!

jimjones
December 29th, 2008, 04:36
I know it is a bit of extra hassle but being an eCommerce specialist I have to say the CS Online store is well set-up and I give them credit for that. I think the extra security is well worth it with the amount of fraud that is happening.

Never had problems with Mastercard before. Credit always paid on time by bank.

Interesting that some others are getting theirs via 2checkout. Something must be amiss. I've been asked to wait 24 hrs before complaing to them. The sale will be over and any incentive to order more is now gone. Hopefully my order will be accepted and honored past the sale period.

EgoR64
December 29th, 2008, 04:36
:wavey:

Sweet, getting the C-130 & 757, Bravo to the Captain, good day !! :applause::ernae::applause:.

Cheers :friday:

EgoR64
December 29th, 2008, 05:06
:jump::jump:

Great Birds !! :ernae:

Cheers !!

modelr
December 29th, 2008, 05:26

Interesting that some others are getting theirs via 2checkout. Something must be amiss. I've been asked to wait 24 hrs before complaing to them. The sale will be over and any incentive to order more is now gone. Hopefully my order will be accepted and honored past the sale period.

I would think that since the order was placed and paid for, that it will still be accepted at the sale price. Download links are only good for 72 hours, once activated, so...

My download did stall at 33%, so I cancelled it and restarted, it picked up where it had left off, and finished, no problem. I installed it right away, no problems. Just finished a defrag (My FSX is on "C" drive right now, gonna have to change that.) Now gonna go test fly.

BTW, I used Paypal, (have my CC used as backup there,) and recieved my link on site page immediately. Email with links arrived a few minutes later. At the payment choice page, it does state NOT TO CONTINUE after paying from paypal, as it will AUTOMATICALLY return you to download page, which it did for me. Which, it seems, you cannot do once your 72 hour download link is up. :banghead:

grunau_baby
December 29th, 2008, 06:01
Having a blast!!!:applause: I like it when it looks great, you can even serve the spoiled fish to the captains (last pic):d

Alex

gigabyte
December 29th, 2008, 06:20

Hi Jim,

MasterCard has a verification system as well and if you have used it online before it would have bypassed the 2checkout fraud process, it is not a reflection on your credit status, just added protection for you and the vendor. You must verify that it is you entering the card information not just someone with the card in their hand or access to your card number and expiry date. Good idea and better than simple systems that just take the card info, hopefully you get through the process soon and get that ordre number ASAP.

MCDesigns
December 29th, 2008, 06:20
Wow, been putting off the C-130 purchase for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time since I figured I couldn't justify the cost over how little I thought I would use it. What a cool addon, lots of detail, works fine on my rig in FSX without having to touch any settings (wouldn't have happened anyway, LOL) and a nice change of pace from the smaller aircraft I normally fly. Just finished a couple of short hops in the Middle east and what a blast.

I know Captian Sims gets blasted quite often, but this is my first purchase from them and so far I have not had any issues and the product is fun to fly!

pbearsailor
December 29th, 2008, 06:38

Jim, I'm still waiting as well, but I filed the problem with their support. Go to the support tab, that'll go to a page with a link for those not getting an email, and at the bottom of the next page there's a link to file a form where you give them a copy of the 2checkout email. Don't know how long that'll take, but I think it'll work and believe I had to do it one other time with them.

It's a 2checkout issue, probably with US cards, as I did another order for the 757 and used Paypal and got the link immediately.

I'm sure it'll get resolved.

cheers,

Gizmo
December 29th, 2008, 07:02
Well i decided to grab the c-130 pro package paid via paypal got my email recipt from paypal stright away but nothing from capsim,waitted 12 hours still nothing so i logged into the accounts section which shows my purchased but still no download links and there suggested link to get my download from the Extended Download Service is blocked off,checked support & did the test email just to see if my server was blocking them as spam and no problems it came through stright away...logged a support ticket(took 4 trys to except it) and now i have to wait 48 hours for someone to manually send me a link WTF...this has to be the worst accounts setup/download service ive ever used to purchase anything online....lame

jimjones
December 29th, 2008, 07:06
Steve, I called 2checkout.com about an hour ago. They sent an email to captainsim verifying my order. Apparently the credit card passed the test. Something else is going on.

No download yet, 16 hrs and counting.

pbearsailor
December 29th, 2008, 07:15
Steve, I called 2checkout.com about an hour ago. They sent an email to captainsim verifying my order. Apparently the credit card passed the test. Something else is going on.

No download yet, 16 hrs and counting.

Just got my link for the download, Jim. I'd sure recommend using that support page link I mentioned in the other post. They responded within an hour.

cheers,

jimjones
December 29th, 2008, 08:13
Steve, congrats on your download link.

I used that support page at midnight last night. Got a message from them to call back in 24 hrs. Ha, was not going to wait that long. Called them this morn and they sent another message confriming my order to captsim. An hour after that message to captsim, still nothing.:banghead:

Since others, like yourself, who have gotten their download links when ordering via 2checkout.com makes me think that they don't have my correct email address. Or some other strange reason. Next step is to email captsim via their support.

jimjones
December 29th, 2008, 08:47
The only way to get captsim help is to contact their customer support.

The only way to contact customer support is to checkin.

Checkin requires a captsim order number and my email address. I don't have a captsim order number yet, just a 2checkout.com order number. And captsim does not have my email on record to verify. I need both to checkin in order to get customer support.

Catch22.:censored:

I attempted to contact them thru their contact us message page. After submitting the message it responded, but indicated they do not provide customer support.:censored::censored:

I expected a little trouble but this runaround procedure is for the birds.

mike678
December 29th, 2008, 08:53
Strange "verify visa" screen on checkout

I ordered the C-130 pro pack. The captainsim checkout screen shows a charge of 9.99 euros. To process my payment I was taken directly to a verify visa screen with no choice of paypal or the 2checkout people are having trouble with. The verify visa screen showed a charge of roughly $113, so I canceled, but was then taken directly to a download link - which worked.

It looks like I was charged the full 89.99 euro price. How can I verify this?

Thanks

hinch
December 29th, 2008, 08:54
I've purchased the C-130 via Paypal and my email was sent in seconds and it downloaded at 30kb/s which seemed OK.

I've given it a quick buzz around and it's pretty nice.

Arkycharlie
December 29th, 2008, 08:55
I used PayPal to purchase the C-130 and 757 paks and got the download link for the C-130 immediately. 15 hours later, I'm still waiting for a link to download the 757. It would be nice if the website would post something a little more informative than the blurp below, such as a when "later" might be.

Please note: Our download servers overload/slowdown/outage is
possible during the sale event.</B> <!--
Currently our download server is extremely slow due to overload.
-->So you might experience problems
with product downloads. If so, please try back later.
Anyway we would recommend to make your purchases now
(during the 9.99 sale) but download them later.<!--
We are sorry for the temporary inconvenience. -->

jojohnson9
December 29th, 2008, 09:31

"This 9.99/24hrs sale is exclusive Captain Sim online store ONLY sale event."

This is the response I received from Captain Sim when I requested a price adjustment. What am I missing? I ordered the C-130 on the Captain Sim website (online) at 0148 GMT 12/29/2008 (proper sale hours).
What's up???

jimjones
December 29th, 2008, 09:33
Strange "verify visa" screen on checkout

I ordered the C-130 pro pack. The captainsim checkout screen shows a charge of 9.99 euros. To process my payment I was taken directly to a verify visa screen with no choice of paypal or the 2checkout people are having trouble with. The verify visa screen showed a charge of roughly $113, so I canceled, but was then taken directly to a download link - which worked.

It looks like I was charged the full 89.99 euro price. How can I verify this?

Thanks

Call visa service and ask. Sorry, not trying to be smart alec. They probably would not send you a link without charging your card first.

gary42127
December 29th, 2008, 10:47
I ordered the C-130 pro pack last night as well, and everything went smoothly.

I was charged the correct amount, paid via PayPal, and had the package downloaded and installed within 10-15 minutes.

This morning I took it on a (relatively) short flight from Ft. Lauderdale to Guantanamo NAS, and it flew perfectly.

I couldn't be happier, especially since I've been wanting this package for a long time, but couldn't get myself to pay the full price for it. Guess I'm a bit of a cheapskate. :icon_lol:

Thanks to everyone at Captain Sim. :)

jimjones
December 29th, 2008, 10:54
Finally after 18.5 hours I received my C-130 link, downloaded and installed it successfully.:jump:

After that success, ordered the 757 and was instantly given a link following cc info.

Almost made me think it was "First in Last out service" and links given a little at a time to control the download loading to keep it from crashing.

Thanks cs for the great sale.

oldpropfan
December 29th, 2008, 11:15
Just purchased now, about 2 1/2 hours before sale end, and no problems. Ordered C130 Pro, PayPal payment, and email from CS with link was in my inbox in less than a minute. Will download later as I need to go to work now :banghead:
Thank you Capt Sim team for such a great sale.

JimC1702
December 29th, 2008, 11:29
Jim,

Congrats on finally getting your download link. You were more patient that I think I would have been. Fortunately, I got mine right away.

I'm thrilled to have gotten the C-130 for such a great price. I wonder how much money CS will take in over the 24 hr. period. Should be good for the year end stats.

Jim

PeteHam
December 29th, 2008, 12:34
Hi JimJones,

Glad you finally got your link for downloading :applause:

I'm still waiting ............... :sleep:

Pete.

GT182
December 29th, 2008, 12:54
Just ordered the C-130 ProPack and Mig-21, and got the same notice ........
"Your order was successfully submitted.
Your order is pending, your card has not yet been charged.
We will process your order within 24 hours, once it has
passed a series of fraud checks.

Thank you for shopping with us!"

1 hour 16 minutes left when I placed the order.

Edit: after posting this I went to my email and the download links were there. These are my Christmas presents. :santahat:

Murray Cod
December 29th, 2008, 13:00
No problems for me purchasing the C130 ProPack via PayPal. I got 3 email (one from PayPal confirming the purchase, one from Captain Sim containing the download link, and one for the sales invoice).

Also downloaded and installed without trouble. One thing to note is that I had to go back to the Capt Sim site to download 4 PDfs for the flight manuals separately - they do not incorporated into the 103MB plane download

cheers
MC

Lazerbrainz2k3
December 29th, 2008, 13:17
I got the C-130 Pro Pack, too. No problems at all, except that my first purchase attempt it said something about the total number of transactions with the card exceeded a limit, and to try again. I did half an hour later, and it all went through smooth as silk. As soon as I hit "Proceed," it went through the verification part and immediately therafter it said I'd ordered successfully, gave the order # and a download link. I guess the error was about Mastercards in general, not mine specifically.

Anyway, the pack works great! I'd be interested to know how many orders CS got, and which products got what share of the orders. Judging from what we see here, it's probably 90%+ C-130s. What a fantastic deal.

lucas81
December 29th, 2008, 14:07
This is true. Me and some of my friends also got the C-130 pro pack. incredible package and fantastic offer.
My first payware bird was also from CS and also bought on sale. It was Yak-3. I fly FS9 rarely these days, but I still keep it with those magnificent Yakovlev installed.
It would be very interesting to know how many C-130's they sold during this 24 hours :)

Lucas

Tweek
December 29th, 2008, 14:17
It would be very interesting to know how many C-130's they sold during this 24 hours :)

I was thinking much the same! It seems that every man and his dog has gone out and got the C-130 today - probably because the Pro Pack offers the best value for money out of all the CS products. That and the fact that everyone loves a Herk! :jump:

Desert Rat
December 29th, 2008, 14:47
Yup, The Herc was my first buy, last night I got me the Herc, Xload and the Shuttle. Today I went back and got the 727 and 757 (all of them). Still to try some of them and fit my newly purchased 3Dlights to them.

happy camper,
Jamie

GT182
December 29th, 2008, 15:09
Once things quiet down at Captain Sim I've got to find out why my Mig-21 came thru as a Winrar file and not as an exe. I've never seen this happen before. Could it be an exe from them that's no longer useable? If that's the case, why is it still for sale?

I'll have to contact their support once all the traffic over there dies down.

CodyValkyrie
December 29th, 2008, 15:10
I'm not too happy right now with CS. They ended their sale a whole hour early according to that e-mail, which I planned for, and I missed it.

Roger
December 29th, 2008, 15:18
Once things quiet down at Captain Sim I've got to find out why my Mig-21 came thru as a Winrar file and not as an exe. I've never seen this happen before. Could it be an exe from them that's no longer useable? If that's the case, why is it still for sale?

I'll have to contact their support once all the traffic over there dies down.

There's a winrar free to use for unzipping just Google. This is one of the Fs9 only files that were originally distributed as winrar.

DrZGard
December 29th, 2008, 15:19
I'm not too happy either but I did purchase the C-130. It's the receipt I got from swreg charging me 65.94 euros. The ad did say 9.99 euros and I also used their online store. Have a trouble ticket open and am looking forward to getting it resolved.

GT182
December 29th, 2008, 15:22
Thanks Roger. I'm going to work on the fix now. :ernae:

Roger
December 29th, 2008, 15:25
In my opinion their servers (or server, I only saw the US server) held up well with such a stupendous offer. God knows how many people got Euro 100 packages for Euro 9.99, but leaving it late Cody...not a good idea.
Great marketing ploy but I would expect to see this as a precursor to a new release...not something already available that after 24 hours is back up to full price. Maybe that B-52???....

CodyValkyrie
December 29th, 2008, 15:27
Well, Roger, I work man. I also live in the Pacific Northwest. The sale according to the e-mail ended at 1400 PST. I would have purchased it earlier if my pay check wasn't held up by the friggen' snow storm we had. Can't a man enjoy his Sunday though?

Ferry_vO
December 29th, 2008, 15:30
Well I'm very happy now! :jump:

Not only did I get the Herc Pro pack and finally got an excellent C130H-30 Dutch model which was something I wanted for years, but I also got the 757 Pro pack which is quite impressive to say the least. 150 euro's worth of aircraft for only 20 euro's. :d

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Flightsim/cs_herc_03.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Flightsim/cs_herc_01.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Flightsim/cs_757_01.jpg

:applause:

Roger
December 29th, 2008, 15:32
Well, Roger, I work man. I also live in the Pacific Northwest. The sale according to the e-mail ended at 1400 PST. I would have purchased it earlier if my pay check wasn't held up by the friggen' snow storm we had. Can't a man enjoy his Sunday though?
Tough about the paycheck (isn't that stuff all electronic these days?). I decided to get in on the sale reasonably early so I stayed up until 1.00 am to start the purchase and finally got my link about 3.00 am. Worth the wait though.

GT182
December 29th, 2008, 15:39
All set Roger. I used 7-Zipfree instead as the winrar download had adaware in it that I didn't want to mess with. I've now got a Mig-21 I can install.
Thanks. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/GT182/Thumbup.gif

Roger
December 29th, 2008, 16:27
This is one heck of a floater:jump:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/hercfloat-1.jpg

shackleton_boy
December 29th, 2008, 21:10
i see its still at a discounted price.... 50 something euros.....

shackleton_boy
December 29th, 2008, 21:22
Roger can you get the JATO packs to fire on the floater?

PeteHam
December 29th, 2008, 23:31
It's now 2130hrs and the sale has been over for 9 or 10 hrs.

I'm still waiting .... I've sent 2 emails to see what's happening.

Just as well I'm patient :icon_lol:

Pete.

hinch
December 30th, 2008, 02:06
It sure is photogenic! I got the base package becuase I thought I'd never use all the models in the Pro pack!

An-225
December 30th, 2008, 03:07
http://www.simviation.com/yabbuploads/AC-130Camden.jpg
"Got Eyes on Friendlies"

What a Christmas. I was allowed to purchase multiple presents, and my tally rests at:

RealAir SF.260
AlphaSim CH-46 Sea Knight
Carenado Cessna 182RG
Carenado Cessna 152
Captain Sim C-130

The C-130 was $204 AUD before the sale, it came down to a mere $20 AUD.

For all you CL-130 pilots out there, try it out at Kenmore Air Harbour (ICAO W55). Close shave. :redf:

Gizmo
December 30th, 2008, 03:25

Pete.

Same here its been 34hours since they took my paypal payment,ive tested my mail server with there link...no problem...filled out the support form over 20 or so hours a go and still no contact.......still no C-130 pro pack

funny that some ppl who complained have reported that they got a reply and download link within the hour,seem like they must have lost a batch of purchase info,i made my purchase at 02:00 GMT 29/12/08

for £10 i can be patient but if this is how they treat full paying customers well i can only say they deserve the bad press they get

Nick C
December 30th, 2008, 04:06
funny that some ppl who complained have reported that they got a reply and download link within the hour,seem like they must have lost a batch of purchase info,i made my purchase at 02:00 GMT 29/12/08

for £10 i can be patient but if this is how they treat full paying customers well i can only say they deserve the bad press they get

Do you think perhaps that they may be overloaded right now and trying their hardest to deal with problems? As it seems some have had replies straight away, it would seem to me that they are working through the problems.

Gizmo
December 30th, 2008, 05:14
Well if thats the case then as a company id be processing first logged problems first serverd any other way of dealing with problems these types of problems only creates discontent wouldnt you agree?

as a customer it is quite off putting to read about ppl have there problems/complaints dealt with within the space of and hour while mine 24 hous on seem to have been totally ignored....what are they doing printing them out and putting them in a hat and then picking out which ones to reply to at radom....also if you expect to be flooded with sales/work then you bring in extra hands to help deal with the demand anything else is again just poor customer service and only helps to create a buyer beware mentality...

PeteHam
December 30th, 2008, 08:20

Pete.

YAHOO

I woke this morning to find an email with the link to my purchase.

Off now to install.

Thanks to Captain Sim for a fantastic sale.

Pete.

Roger
December 30th, 2008, 08:27
YAHOO

I woke this morning to find an email with the link to my purchase.

Off now to install.

Thanks to Captain Sim for a fantastic sale.

Pete.

Good to hear! :-)

chinookmark
December 30th, 2008, 08:49
You're turning the wrong way! ;)

http://www.simviation.com/yabbuploads/AC-130Camden.jpg
"Got Eyes on Friendlies"

An-225
December 30th, 2008, 15:12
I knew someone would point out that the TV equipment is facing the wrong direction. I just wanted to showcase the 105. ;)

Took me four circles to get to a position where the sun was hitting the plane, I had a view of the left side and the landclass looked natural.

CG_1976
December 30th, 2008, 18:11
I love my CS C-130's so much. Why not the USCG Fictionally have fun dealing with pirates and smugglers. So I found a new weapon on this front in the Caribbean.

jojohnson9
January 1st, 2009, 09:31

Captain Sim has refunded my full purchase price. To me, this shows that they are good people to do business with. While I missed out of the big sale, I probably will pay the full price when I get a few bucks. I had the FS9 C-130 and loved flying it.

Thank you, Captain Sim.