PDA

View Full Version : Prepping for the Mooney Pilots...

Lionheart
June 11th, 2012, 19:18
Hey all,

Project nearing completion.

Some heads up on the performances of this new plane. The Mooney series has come a long ways since the Bravo. The new version, high end model is the Acclaim. Bravo was the older version from years ago. The new Acclaim has many updates and refinements to aerodynamics and power. The new version of this aircraft line will cruise at 234 Knots KTAS and peaks at 243 Knots KTAS. Its a fast bird.

The hard part about flying this plane is the lift change as it speeds up. You will need to start trimming down as you speed up. At higher end speeds, you will have trimmed a moderate amount to keep her level. At slower speeds, like entering traffic at 120 Knots, you will have alot of 'up' trim as she is better at flying faster.

The Aux. ASI gauge has some dots on it for annunciating speeds. The graphics will show you what you need to know.

Unfortunately, I couldnt not change out the color strips on the PFD screen in the speed zones (colored lines on the vertical speed tape). I have asked Lockheed if they can see about changing it to the new airspeeds.

Some data on the new model's performance.....

Top Speed
242 ktas

Rate of Climb at sea level (max. wt.)
1,240 fpm

Long Range – Std. Fuel (with res.)
1,445 nm

Long Range – Optional Tanks (with res.)
1,852 nm

Max. Operating Altitude
25,000 ft

Take-off Run at sea level (max. wt.)
1,620 ft

Engine
TCM TSI0-550-G-Turbo-Supercharaged
Twin turbo Dual intercoolers

Horsepower
280 bhp

TBO
2,000 hrs

Propeller
Hartzell Three-Blade

Fuel Capacity – Standard (usable)
100 usg

Fuel Capacity With Optional Tanks (usable)
128 usg

Gross Weight
3,368 lb

Approx. Useful Load
1,000 lb

Wing Span
36' 1"

Tail Height
8' 6"

Length
26' 8"

Wing Loading
19.2 lbs/sq ft

Power Loading
12.0 lbs/hp

Lionheart
June 11th, 2012, 19:34
Variants so far that should be in the package.

Paint kit will be available.

Lionheart
June 11th, 2012, 19:38
There are two colors of cockpits; tan and brown and light/dark gray. Both in leather.

Sebastian at FSDeveloper has designed a very cool 'TextureSwitch' program which will convert the 'regular' default textures over to 'high resolution' textures. If the textures are too hard on the computer, or the pilot wishes to fly online and needs more ram, then you click the program again, select 'Load Regular Resolution Textures' and Voila, back to 1024 texture sizes.

All textures are 1024 by default except the fuselage texture. Only 7 textures are converted to high rez (per plane) which includes the bump maps for fuselage and wings so the rivets and bits are much more clear and precise.

All of that, and she is fun to fly. :)

NOTE: On performance chart above, this plane has the standard 50 Gal. tanks; 100 total.

Lionheart
June 11th, 2012, 19:59
And of course... There is Philicia, the Mooney babe.... :mixedsmi:

AussieMan
June 11th, 2012, 22:59
Can't wait to get my hands on this one.

aeronca1
June 12th, 2012, 09:02
The Mooney or Philicia?:icon_lol:

nio
June 12th, 2012, 11:26
As altruists go, you are up there with the best ,Bill.

I am sure that the guys at LM are absolutely delighted with what you have achieved and , rightly so.

best

nio

:ernae:

ZEUS67
June 12th, 2012, 16:42

Why choose?

AussieMan
June 12th, 2012, 17:45

I'm not greedy ....... BOTH

Lionheart
June 12th, 2012, 19:03

LOLOL.....! She is a cutie.

nio

As altruists go, you are up there with the best ,Bill.

I am sure that the guys at LM are absolutely delighted with what you have achieved and , rightly so.

best

nio

A thousand thanks Nio. I am still just a humble poly bender...

:icon29:

n4gix
June 13th, 2012, 08:06
Just as a heads up, Bill. The fruit "Plum" as well as the color "Plum" has no "b" in it...

"Plumb" is a verb; it is what plumbers do for a living... :jump:

Really lovely liveries though! :applause:

Lionheart
June 13th, 2012, 11:45
Thanks Bill for the heads up. Will edit momentarily.

Bill

Hughes-MDflyer4
June 15th, 2012, 13:20
Bill, did you ever get a chance to try out the env and fresnel textures I sent you for the Mooney? If done right, they should make it look even better than it already does! (Is that even possible? :icon_lol:)

Lionheart
June 15th, 2012, 14:00
Bill, did you ever get a chance to try out the env and fresnel textures I sent you for the Mooney? If done right, they should make it look even better than it already does! (Is that even possible? :icon_lol:)

I didnt! My apologies.

The plane has already been submitted. Hopefully released soon and we can experiment with that.

All things can be improved. ;) The plight for perfection....

modelr
June 15th, 2012, 17:03
I'm sure this will be, as usual, "better than the best" from you, Bill. Haven't had a complaint, yet. Not a real one, anyway.

I want Philicia to be in the right seat, too!

Hughes-MDflyer4
June 15th, 2012, 20:09
I didnt! My apologies.

The plane has already been submitted. Hopefully released soon and we can experiment with that.

All things can be improved. ;) The plight for perfection....

No worries! I was just curious. All I can say though is great job! The plane looks fantastic and I can't wait to fly it in the sim some day. I'm sure I won't be disappointed. :icon_lol:

Cag40Navy
June 16th, 2012, 18:41
Just wondering but do you think she will also fly in FSX? I am only wondering because i have yet to make the move due to some issues on some things with my PC. Non the less, beautiful work Bill!!! Thank you for what you have done!

Lionheart
June 17th, 2012, 10:01
Hey Cag40Navy,

I dont know. Its using the garmins from P3 that go through their sim-connect. It might, it might not.

Roger said a couple of things didnt work right in FSX. The same things for me in P3 'did' work, so that might be a barrier with FSX.

Bill

Shane Strong CYHZ
August 4th, 2012, 09:43
where do i find this sexy plane is it out yet?

Lionheart
August 4th, 2012, 13:49
Hey Shane,

Very soon. It will come with the update to P3D. We just got permission to use the newest Mooney Acclaim, legal permissions were required. Should be very soon now.

Bill

Shane Strong CYHZ
August 6th, 2012, 20:28
wow that's like two presents in one :) Christmas coming early this year :)