PDA

View Full Version : That old Texas Joke

Dangerousdave26
June 11th, 2012, 18:57
Some of you may remember an old joke about a Texas man up before a Judge accused of killing another man. In short he explains that "He needed Killin" and the judge replies "Well don't you go kill'n anyone that doesn't need killing.

My guess is this is our man

http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/11/justice/texas-abuser-killed/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

If the story is flat out as described then "He needed Killin" and that is all there is to it.

glh
June 11th, 2012, 19:19
I agree with you, Dave. If the story is really as described, he deserved killin'.

N2056
June 11th, 2012, 20:26
"He didn't know he was going to die".

If it had been me that quote would have been "I knew he was going to die".

Willy
June 11th, 2012, 20:58
The girl's dad is handling it just right. Never say that you intended to kill someone, even if you did.

SSI01
June 12th, 2012, 02:51
Any parent's primary responsibility is ensuring the safety of their child, judged by courts and legislatures to be the most vulnerable among us. This perp was obviously contravening that, and was caught red-handed by the father. The father acted as any responsible father would have (we hope) and dealt with matters quickly and cleanly. There is no case here and the matter should be allowed to drop.

T Square
June 12th, 2012, 07:51
Under our current system the child sex offender would get 3 to 5 years and the father would get any where from 20 years to life or the needle.

Any parent's primary responsibility is ensuring the safety of their child, judged by courts and legislatures to be the most vulnerable among us.

SSI01 you are 100% correct now just convince the courts and legislatures of that.

To me what happened is a fair outcome, the father did his job, the child will get the help she needs to hopefully recover, and there is one less devil among us. Justice is served.

arfyhun
June 12th, 2012, 09:01
As the little girl has been given a life sentence of sorts, I would not have killed him. I would have expected the court to sentence him to having a scaffold pole, 'freshly-glued-with-sandpaper', rammed up his backside for five minutes every morning of the rest of his life.

To show humanity, I would also provide a nice bucket of cold water for him to drink after he had stuck his arse in it to put the flames out.

Justice.

Bring in the next offender........

TARPSBird
June 12th, 2012, 11:12
The dad used force to eliminate the threat to his daughter, as any parent would do. The fact that the molester was killed in the process is unfortunate (at least to some bleeding hearts) but he paid for his sick behavior. Don't want to get bludgeoned to death? Don't hurt kids. :mad:

cheezyflier
June 12th, 2012, 13:18
i don't believe in killing people, BUT the way i see it, if that guy didn't do what he did, he wouldn't be dead, he brought it on himself. the father should not be held responsible for his death.

however, i gotta ask:

who the hell leaves a 4 yr old child unsupervised at a party where there are people he doesn't know well? for that, the dad IS responsible, and should bear responsibility for his failure to protect the girl right from the start. i've raised 2 boys, they're grown men now. i've helped raise many other children.
i always knew better than to leave a 4 yr old unsupervised, even in my own home, with no one there.
it didn't have to be a child molester. it could just as easily have been a bottle of bleach from under the sink.

av8erjm
June 13th, 2012, 06:34
Don't mess w/ TX, they have a better understanding of justice than most of the rest of the country. My only concern is that Eric Holder and the DOJ will want to outlaw hands or fists now as weapons of destruction

cheezyflier
June 13th, 2012, 12:24
Don't mess w/ TX, they have a better understanding of justice than most of the rest of the country. My only concern is that Eric Holder and the DOJ will want to outlaw hands or fists now as weapons of destruction

you make jokes, but lemme tell ya. here in toronto, some gangsters came into the mall and shot up the food court, killing 3 people and injuring 5 others. this was just a couple weeks ago. now there are politicians who want to outright BAN not only handguns, but also bullets. the gun laws are already ridiculous here. i didn't think they could actually get ridiculouser.

i know that's not a word, but if they can be dumb@5535 then i can too :icon_lol:

hey_moe
June 14th, 2012, 02:59
As far as I am concerned I would have done the same. What kind of a ahole does that to a 4 year old baby. Our grand children spend weekends with Linda and I and if I caught someone in the act of doing that I would go off too. So you have the scumbag arrested. What then. He gets 25 years, 24 years suspended and serves 30 days because he has now found God. Give me a break!! He only got caught that time. Think of all the times he didn't get caught and how much damage he has done to other babies. When you were 4 years old could you stop a grown man from doing what he did? What chance did this child have >> http://www.dailypress.com/news/crime/dp-nws-child-murder-trial-20120613,0,7210151.story

Penzoil3
June 15th, 2012, 12:58
Give Dad a medal ! :salute:
Sue

rdaniell
June 20th, 2012, 03:53
...I just read that no charges were brought against this man.

RD

cheezyflier
June 20th, 2012, 13:00
for his child's sake, i hope he's learned not to leave toddlers unsupervised.

Dangerousdave26
June 20th, 2012, 18:36
As with my original comment if all the facts are as stated he should not be charged.

I said that because far be it for the new agency to get anything right on even the third time.

Since I posted this the little girl went from being molested in the house to in the barn to the final version of in the barn with the others not far off. :isadizzy:

How can you get those facts wrong?

Its still far too vague for us to second guess whether the father left the child unattended or not. The different story lines don't clearly tell us what happened or who was watching over the child. One story has the grandfather going to the barn with the toddler when some how she gets separated from him.

That is very possible because we all know how fast little kids can disappear,

glh
June 20th, 2012, 20:23
Well, all I can say is that I cannot fathom any jury in any jurisdiction that would render a GUILTY verdict if the father were charged with any degree or murder, manslaughter or any charge for this incident. At least one juror would be able to place him/herself in the father's shoes and come up with reasonable doubt and/or jury nullification or any other premise you choose to render a NOT GUILTY verdict.

Consequently, I certainly think that any District Attorney would reach the conclusion that he would be wasting his and the court's time.

T Square
June 21st, 2012, 05:24
Just an update Father was no billed by Grand Jury yesterday with no charges. Justice has been served.