PDA

View Full Version : Valkyrie model

paiken
June 11th, 2012, 16:43
Recently one of my friends posted some old pictures of his dad. One of them naturally caught my eye; posing with his co-workers next to a scale model of an XB-70. Thought I'd share.

Daveroo
June 11th, 2012, 16:58
thats cool,which man is the father?......i have a sort of tye in to this,Harry White,Al Whites father,was a friend,we played golf together with the shanghai link touring golf team,we played on thursday mornings,usually ( in those days anyway) thursdays was ladies day,but the "captain"..harry yue,who was a assistant fire chief (volunteer) for auburn fire,for almost 70 years,our chief henry gietzen was chief for 65 years before they booted him out to go with a paid dept,but back to the whites,,harry white was the city corpyard manager,and his son Al White was the pilot of the XB-70 when it crashed,was hit by another plane mid air,he was the only survivor,col C.E. Bud Anderson ( Old Crow) now lives in his old house in south auburn Ca,Al white has since passed on,and his brother Buzz white,ofcourse a nick,,,was friends with dad for many many years.

paiken
June 11th, 2012, 19:17
Mr. B (my friends father) is 3rd from the left (next to the guy holding the cigarette). Most of these guys worked for Motorola at the Government Electronics Group (GEG) in Scottsdale. At one time Motorola was the largest employer in the Phoenix metro area with (IIRC) 4 or 5 manufacturing plants along with another location that was just administrative.

Daveroo
June 12th, 2012, 06:03
cool...motorola made our"plectron's" the early tone out system for the fire department,each fire dept had its own "tone" like you heard on the tv show emergincy,,,,be bop boop bop beee,i couldnt tell you,,well describe ours to you,,but if i heard it,,id know it..LOL...but when you had it on "alert" it made a loud buzing sound,that was more of a mounlike sound....irritaiting as all get out,,,,but there were night i have to admit,,,i slept right through it,,,my upstairs nighbor accualy came and woke me up one night to tell me to get my azz to the fire....i informed her i was off duty and it wasnt an allcall call...so she screamed at me for ten minutes about how i need to turn my radio off then when im "off duty"...lol

Moses03
June 12th, 2012, 10:04
Cool pic.